The Granddady of All go Dawg Threads. 75 days till KO #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

GO DAWGS! :cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think my hound dog must be kin to smokey, he always gonna catch that coon but he never quite gets there.

Silver Britches

This will never get old.

No it won't!

And man it's hard to believe Larry Munson has been gone nearly 8 years. I miss that joker! :cry:

GO DAWGS!
:cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Silver, Munson made UGA football for me. I was a fan before he got there but took it to a new level after hearing some of his calls.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Think, Sugar from the sky, Hobnail Boot, Run Lindsay run. and Applebee to Washington were my 4 favorites.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Odell is just a barking I don't know a what. Prolly some Tennessee gut trying to sneak up on us and steal sumppin.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't live bout a half mile from the Tenn. border and that is way to close.

riprap

Silver, Munson made UGA football for me. I was a fan before he got there but took it to a new level after hearing some of his calls.

How did we go from Munson to what we have now? A radio broadcaster needs to be more on top of their game than a TV broadcaster. We can't see the game. Munson made it come alive. He told the score often and gave great play by play, not just the memorable calls. I also never thought they could do any worse than Loren. Boy was I wrong.

Silver Britches

Munson was already there by the time I was born and got into Georgia football. And yeah, he WAS, and always will be, Georgia football to me.

I have fond childhood memories of dad and I riding around our local WMAs looking for deer sign and potential areas we may want to hunt. We'd ride around listening to Georgia football enjoying our time together out there in the woods. Occasionally we'd find us a shady spot to park and sit there to listen to the game. Strangers would often come by and ask what the score was. :p I'll never forget all that!

Silver Britches

How did we go from Munson to what we have now? A radio broadcaster needs to be more on top of their game than a TV broadcaster. We can't see the game. Munson made it come alive. He told the score often and gave great play by play, not just the memorable calls. I also never thought they could do any worse than Loren. Boy was I wrong.

I actually like Scott Howard. He gets fired up. But yeah, I never cared much to hear Loren on the radio. I like the dude, he just has one heck of an annoying voice. Loran always sounded like he was falling asleep when he spoke. Very annoying voice!! :D

Watcha got, Loran? :D

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Never will be another Munson! Listened to him Saturdays at hunting camp when I was a kid growing up.. Good ol days!

Go DAWGS!

MudDucker

Staff member
GATA DAWGS. Excited to see what this year and new coaching staff brings. Daughter will start her first year at UGA in August.Exciting time for her.

Mine starts her senior year. Athens is a humming these days with excitement!

BTW, I feel for you with the move into the dorms. It is brutal!

GO DAWGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.