My farm has become the public dump apparently, anyone got any ideas?

Robert28

Need an update Robert :huh::huh:

Update is talks have stalled. I can't even get the county to return any of my calls now and whenever I go to the office to talk to the guy face to face "he's out of the office for the day".

Random trash is still being dumped and I'm still moving it to the county side of the road with the tractor. I guess they enjoy playing this game.

Oh, I did write a letter to the editor of the local paper but it was never published.

sweatequity

I'd just push the trash out into the road.
1. It gets the trash off of your property
2. Enough trash will eventually block the road preventing people from coming to dump more.
3. The county will have to clean it up and maybe get tired of it and do something about it

Good luck

I like this idea. Requires little effort. It should get the attention of the county pretty quick. Or place several trees across the road at random locations.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Update is talks have stalled. I can't even get the county to return any of my calls now and whenever I go to the office to talk to the guy face to face "he's out of the office for the day".

Random trash is still being dumped and I'm still moving it to the county side of the road with the tractor. I guess they enjoy playing this game.

Oh, I did write a letter to the editor of the local paper but it was never published.

Try the SC Environmental office.
Ga. DNR looks into illegal dumping here.

http://www.sc.gov/HealthAndSafety/Pages/Environment.aspx

Jim Baker

Staff member

You can't get on the agenda for a county commission meeting. They can't refuse you. I have done this several times over property issues. Have all the info you can regarding the property and the road.

Robert28

Update: They've really crossed the line now (literally). The county has now started to come over on MY land and I've contacted my attorney as well as my surveyor to nip this in the bud. The county maintains a dirt road that leads to a cemetery, the issue is they don't have a legal right of way on the road EXCEPT in front of the cemetery, however they decided to make one the length of the road. Why is this a problem? Because they are inches from my planted timber (as seen in the pics). The guy that is in charge of the country road crew is the son in law of the guy that is a member of the cemetery committee (you can see where this is going). I've decided not to try to talk to the county nor the head of the cemetery committee, I'm just going to let my lawyer handle it and my surveyor has confirmed they are over the boundary. Basically what they're doing is trying to take my land for parking because they are running out of room for cars to park at the cemetery.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Update: They've really crossed the line now (literally). The county has now started to come over on MY land and I've contacted my attorney as well as my surveyor to nip this in the bud. The county maintains a dirt road that leads to a cemetery, the issue is they don't have a legal right of way on the road EXCEPT in front of the cemetery, however they decided to make one the length of the road. Why is this a problem? Because they are inches from my planted timber (as seen in the pics). The guy that is in charge of the country road crew is the son in law of the guy that is a member of the cemetery committee (you can see where this is going). I've decided not to try to talk to the county nor the head of the cemetery committee, I'm just going to let my lawyer handle it and my surveyor has confirmed they are over the boundary. Basically what they're doing is trying to take my land for parking because they are running out of room for cars to park at the cemetery.

Craziness. Your attorneys will wake them up I'm sure.

Robert28

Well I tried to post pics but they won't load. When I say inches I mean 2-3 inches from planted timber.

Robert28

Craziness. Your attorneys will wake them up I'm sure.

Yeah he will, he's very good. It also helps that he's family so while I'll pay him for his services he will have a vested interest in writing the letter. He wants to go after then for damages it I just told him to write a letter telling them to backoff or else things will get nasty.

Robert28

They should be forced to remunerate the cost in lost timber value.

That is what he mentioned, but I told him I didn't want to get into a legal battle with Uncle Sugar right now. Just send them a letter to let them know that the next step we will bring the pain because we have all the evidence and a surveyor who's highly respected that will testify. Basically the best thing to do is apologize and move along and don't try such a stunt again.