Wild game camera

ucfireman

So I bought a Wildgame camera on clearance. I believe it is a "Terra 10". Anyway came with the batteries (Duracell) and a card. I formatted the card and put the batteries in. Shows the batteries are fully charged. I set all the settings and put it on a well used trail for a week, no videos. I moved it to a fresh scrape for a week, no pics and I know something came by because the scrape had been worked and another one about 5-10 feet away was made. The camera was about 20-25 feet from the 1st scrape. Took it to my house and set it up on video watching my feeder, about 20-25 feet from the feeder. No videos, my Bushnell took 72 pics in the same time frame looking at the same feeder.
Is there a trick to getting these "set up"? On My Bushnell I turn to on and walk away. I followed the directions and don't know what to do.
Am I missing something?:huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me. I have half a dozen of them, and they have always worked flawlessly?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh.... I have to say I've never had an issue either, but after reading about the owner of WGI and the trouble he got in filming a show, I can no longer rightfully support buying his stuff.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/wildg...finitely-recent-charges-poaching-elk-wyoming/'
He hasn't owned WGI for several years. Plano owns WGI now. He had nothing at all to do with it, except for being a host on the tv show. Plano fired him from that and cancelled the show after that incident.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the sensitivity settings and the day/night settings? I don't have any experience with the Illusion ones, all of mine are Blade, Terra, or Crush. But it sounds like something isn't set right, or the camera is defective, one. If I couldn't get it to work, I'd contact the company. They will usually work with you pretty well from what I hear.

ucfireman

Have you checked the sensitivity settings and the day/night settings? I don't have any experience with the Illusion ones, all of mine are Blade, Terra, or Crush. But it sounds like something isn't set right, or the camera is defective, one. If I couldn't get it to work, I'd contact the company. They will usually work with you pretty well from what I hear.
Ill recheck that. I set it back up. Ill see what happens.
Thanks everyone.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Its actually an " Illusion 12", Just looked at the box.

As I stated earlier, I ONLY use WGI cameras and have not had any problems with their performance over the past 7 years now. I do have an assortment of different models and I have had two different models of WGI Crush 10 Illusion Cameras (one is a white flash and the other model is a LIGHTSOUT and they are the absolute BEST of all of my other 37 cameras in service from the standpoint of battery life and also performance as they don't miss many photos at all.

Since I put these in the woods back on 8/28/2016, I've gotten 10,709 photos on the white flash model with a Quantum battery life of 1 year and 1 week and 16,735 photos on the LIGHTSOUT Model with a Quantum battery life of 11 months and 1 week with no problems whatsoever.

I have tested both of these cameras against two other cameras that have already been in service for 2 1/2 years now. In fact, it is set up with two cameras being on each tree location so you get a much better evaluation that way as both models of cameras are pointed in the same basic direction and elevation etc. This way makes it a very fair evaluation. Even though I do have about 25 spare cameras of various models, color patterns etc, I am pondering on the idea to buy more of these CRUSH 10 Illusion cameras and especially the "LIGHTOUT" Model as it out-performed the current camera by taking 5,679 more photos during the same time period. I really don't see the need for any camera above 10 MP for my use as they have worked excellent.

The absolute worse camera that I have is the WGI NANO 22, LIGHTOUTS, Tru-Bark, MODEL P22B20, 22 MP with 80 ft. flash range, 1/2 second trigger speed, 42 invisible LEDs. The quality of the photos on this camera is not nearly as good as the ones with my Blade X6 cameras, 6 MP. The 22 MP just eats up memory and takes a lot more time to upload photos etc. I would NOT buy another one of these 22 MP cameras. I learned from trial and error over the past 7 years that the best photos for me are from 6 MP up to 10 MP.

I do not use the video mode on any camera that I have in service. I tried one of the Blade X6 models on video mode and for me, I would much rather see the actual photos so that I can catalog them in my library without using the additional memory involved.

After reading about your ongoing problem, this problem could be caused by removing the memory card from the camera while the camera is still on as that can cause you to lose all of your photos and most probably your videos as well. I always push the on/off button to make very sure that it is actually "OFF" on each camera before I open it to remove the cards etc. ONE OTHER THING IS THAT ON SOME CAMERAS, THE MEMORY CARD IS INSTALLED JUST BACKWARDS TO MOST OTHER CAMERAS AND YOU CAN EASILY DAMAGE A MEMORY CARD IF YOU JAM IT IN THE INCORRECT WAY. I also know that some cameras do have performance issues with 32 GB memory cards too even though it says that a particular camera can use up to that level memory card. I only use Sandisk 8 GB cards on every camera except two really older ones that I still had 4 cards of the 4 GB cards from years ago but those two are very low photo usage cameras.

Unfortunately, camera manufacturers don't "beat together pots and pans" to get the consumer's attention to that fact. Most people don't find out until they have a problem as such and then had to learn the hard way.

I hope that it might be a simple solution and your problem can be solved quickly.

ucfireman

As I stated earlier, I ONLY use WGI cameras and have not had any problems with their performance over the past 7 years now. I do have an assortment of different models and I have had two different models of WGI Crush 10 Illusion Cameras (one is a white flash and the other model is a LIGHTSOUT and they are the absolute BEST of all of my other 37 cameras in service from the standpoint of battery life and also performance as they don't miss many photos at all.

Since I put these in the woods back on 8/28/2016, I've gotten 10,709 photos on the white flash model with a Quantum battery life of 1 year and 1 week and 16,735 photos on the LIGHTSOUT Model with a Quantum battery life of 11 months and 1 week with no problems whatsoever.

I have tested both of these cameras against two other cameras that have already been in service for 2 1/2 years now. In fact, it is set up with two cameras being on each tree location so you get a much better evaluation that way as both models of cameras are pointed in the same basic direction and elevation etc. This way makes it a very fair evaluation. Even though I do have about 25 spare cameras of various models, color patterns etc, I am pondering on the idea to buy more of these CRUSH 10 Illusion cameras and especially the "LIGHTOUT" Model as it out-performed the current camera by taking 5,679 more photos during the same time period. I really don't see the need for any camera above 10 MP for my use as they have worked excellent.

The absolute worse camera that I have is the WGI NANO 22, LIGHTOUTS, Tru-Bark, MODEL P22B20, 22 MP with 80 ft. flash range, 1/2 second trigger speed, 42 invisible LEDs. The quality of the photos on this camera is not nearly as good as the ones with my Blade X6 cameras, 6 MP. The 22 MP just eats up memory and takes a lot more time to upload photos etc. I would NOT buy another one of these 22 MP cameras. I learned from trial and error over the past 7 years that the best photos for me are from 6 MP up to 10 MP.

I do not use the video mode on any camera that I have in service. I tried one of the Blade X6 models on video mode and for me, I would much rather see the actual photos so that I can catalog them in my library without using the additional memory involved.

After reading about your ongoing problem, this problem could be caused by removing the memory card from the camera while the camera is still on as that can cause you to lose all of your photos and most probably your videos as well. I always push the on/off button to make very sure that it is actually "OFF" on each camera before I open it to remove the cards etc. ONE OTHER THING IS THAT ON SOME CAMERAS, THE MEMORY CARD IS INSTALLED JUST BACKWARDS TO MOST OTHER CAMERAS AND YOU CAN EASILY DAMAGE A MEMORY CARD IF YOU JAM IT IN THE INCORRECT WAY. I also know that some cameras do have performance issues with 32 GB memory cards too even though it says that a particular camera can use up to that level memory card. I only use Sandisk 8 GB cards on every camera except two really older ones that I still had 4 cards of the 4 GB cards from years ago but those two are very low photo usage cameras.

Unfortunately, camera manufacturers don't "beat together pots and pans" to get the consumer's attention to that fact. Most people don't find out until they have a problem as such and then had to learn the hard way.

I hope that it might be a simple solution and your problem can be solved quickly.

I have made sure the camera was off before moving the card, and all other suggestions are good.
The thing that I don't understand is when I test it in the house it did take a video, just didn't outside. So I got ot set up again and I will check in a few days. Ill kepp yall updated. :banginghe

ALB

I will never buy another WG camera. I have (4) that don't work. They have zero customer Service after (1) year. They are basically cheap throw away cameras. I will admit that when I see them for $25 I'm tempted but then I remember I have four at home! LOL I have actually found Stealth Cams to take very good pictures and are a lot more reliable.

PappyHoel

Use it as a deterrent that's all it's good for.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I will never buy another WG camera. I have (4) that don't work. They have zero customer Service after (1) year. They are basically cheap throw away cameras. I will admit that when I see them for $25 I'm tempted but then I remember I have four at home! LOL I have actually found Stealth Cams to take very good pictures and are a lot more reliable.

Interesting. How old are they? I have bought about ten so far, and never had one that didn't work for me, except the ones that got stolen. I've got a few that have been running 24/7 for three years now, and still working good. I usually get them on sale for way less than fifty bucks, so if I get a couple-three years out of them, I consider myself way ahead of buying a hundred dollar cam that lasts three or four years. And it don't hurt nearly as bad when they go missing. I've never had any issues with picture quality or quantity with them, and I usually get at least six-eight months out of a set of batteries.

ALB

Interesting. How old are they? I have bought about ten so far, and never had one that didn't work for me, except the ones that got stolen. I've got a few that have been running 24/7 for three years now, and still working good. I usually get them on sale for way less than fifty bucks, so if I get a couple-three years out of them, I consider myself way ahead of buying a hundred dollar cam that lasts three or four years. And it don't hurt nearly as bad when they go missing. I've never had any issues with picture quality or quantity with them, and I usually get at least six-eight months out of a set of batteries.

Probably been 3-4 years since I stopped buying WG's. Every one I bought had problems just after one year. Never again.

ucfireman

This wasn't meant to be a Wildgame bashing or which cam is best, just trying to figure things out. I will be pulling the card in the morning and post back.

buckspotter

Wildgame Innov Pure Pooh

WG cameras are ungood. Purely pooh unsuited for use. Destroy said camera and do not look back.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
WG cameras are ungood. Purely pooh unsuited for use. Destroy said camera and do not look back.

How do you explain those of us who buy piles of them, and they all work for years right out of the box and take bazillions of good pics, and never have any problems, then? I don't understand it.

To the OP: Have you tried it in still pic mode, or only in video mode? I never use video mode myself.

ucfireman

I pulled the card today, It did take a few vidoes of me cleaning the yard yesterday, so it does work. It didn't take as many as I figured and non of animals. I going to keep trying and maybe something will click.
The settings right now are.
trigger- PIR
flex time - doesn't let me choose (dusk/dawn all day)
pir mode-Video
pir active-24 hr
pir sense - Med
exposure- low
still res- med
pic/video- HD
delay -30s
And shows batteries are 3/4

Maybe the pir isn't that sensitive?

kbuck1

Put it on high sensitivity. I bet you still miss pics though. The people that swear by them are probably missing pics too. They just dont realize it.