Pets At Hunting Camp

Down4Count

Folks need to lighten up, I'd personally not let them join again if I were the lease holder. That's why I hold the lease, I weed through the uptight crybabies.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Lols at some. I have the 2 best dogs. Well behaved listen to what I say.
They mind better than some kids brought to camp. Lols
My house is 600 yards from our camp where our hunters stay.
Some of the hunters bring small house dogs.
Everything has been fine so far.
Peace out.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Folks need to lighten up, I'd personally not let them join again if I were the lease holder. That's why I hold the lease, I weed through the uptight crybabies.

Me too.
All in all, I have a great bunch of guys. Some have met there and became friends. They go to town on Saturday nite and enjoy a meal together with their wife’s.
I’m glad they get along.

I don’t know how they put up with me at times. Lols

Rich M

All I have ever asked for in a lease:

- peace & quiet
- everyone to know & follow the same rules
- not having to deal with drama cause some dude decides to start talking about folks behind their backs
- folks to stay out of my stand or stands & away from any feeder or food plot I'm supposed to have

I've been on like 12 leases and only 1 fit the bill. That guy had 3 dogs and they were all fine. Go figure.

You weed thru cry-babies, I weed thru self-indulgent lease holders.

IMO, I aint paying you to put up with your (or your dog's) crap or to be forced to conform to your ideology. I pay to secure a place to relax for a few weekends and maybe shoot a deer or two.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
In many of the anti dogs at camp post the problem seems to be with the dogs owner.

Of course it is, but then when you bring it up to them or kick them out of the club, they say it was because you hate their dog or uptight blah blah blah :banginghe

It's always the owners fault when it comes to unruly dogs and snot nosed unruly kids

humdandy

Banned
All I have ever asked for in a lease:

- peace & quiet
- everyone to know & follow the same rules
- not having to deal with drama cause some dude decides to start talking about folks behind their backs
- folks to stay out of my stand or stands & away from any feeder or food plot I'm supposed to have

I've been on like 12 leases and only 1 fit the bill. That guy had 3 dogs and they were all fine. Go figure.

You weed thru cry-babies, I weed thru self-indulgent lease holders.

IMO, I aint paying you to put up with your (or your dog's) crap or to be forced to conform to your ideology. I pay to secure a place to relax for a few weekends and maybe shoot a deer or two.

You been on 12 leases?

Speaks volumes.

Most folks don't mind my dog.......especially when they want me to find their wounded deer.......:cheers:

Down4Count

Rich M, People like yourself are the problem with leases. My club is not EEO or your dues would be 50% higher then everyone else. If I want peace and quite I go to my own property, where I only owe uncle Sam and find my piece. Maybe you should grow a pair and get your own lease.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Of course it is, but then when you bring it up to them or kick them out of the club, they say it was because you hate their dog or uptight blah blah blah :banginghe

It's always the owners fault when it comes to unruly dogs and snot nosed unruly kids

Well, if dogs bother you that bad, don't come camp with us. Go camp with all the serious folks who don't put up with anything but hardcore pro hunting. There you go. Easy solution. Deer hunting isn't a job to me. Stuff like this thread is why I have never been on a lease and never will. Nobody can ever get along, and everybody is always mad at somebody else about some silly something or another.

Mako22

BANNED

In fact you are not paying the lease holder anything if he is a club president. In most cases hes working to keep the lease each year and gets paid nothing for it.

TurkeyH90

The dog itself is rarely the problem. The owner who doesn't mind him barking incessantly and dragging off boots, aggravating folks trying to relax, etc. IS the problem. I enjoy a dogs company as well as most (I have 3) but I don't assume everybody is cool with a dog all in their face when they sit down or aggravating someone eating. And I ain't gonna listen to a dog who barks to hear his own voice all day.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
i wonder how some folks make it in life.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
People don't have to go to hunting camp to not get along, they can't even get along on here.
Signed
My dog

Matthewmathis8

If you read enough of these comments you will see that some folks arent nearly as happy with your dog and its actions as you are. I dont personally have an issue with dogs, but dont want them in a camp house or laying on my feet when I am eating or sitting by a fire or on furniture. I enjoy a dog that lays beside me and lets me scratch its head when I want to scratch its head, not when it wants it

This^^^

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Too bad threads like this have to turn into such a show. The man asked about opinions of dogs in camp. Not opinions of people's opinions.
I gave my honest opinion; no crying, no hard feelings. Was in the club year after year with dogs in Camp. Never said squat to nobody about dogs in Camp. And yes Camp was full of goodfellers. It was its own social circle full of people I never knew outside of deer camp.
I have my own smaller lease now. No need to put up with 20-plus guys hunting the same deer. I bet four out of five fellers who also kindly put up with other people's dogs in camp would rather have their own lease also. It's much more enjoyable hunting with a couple of your like-minded buddies anyway.

rance56

what amazes me is how folks cant see why a dog at the camp my not be wanted by some. not saying you have to agree, but you should atleast understand where they are coming from. especially after you see how some dogs behave.

just like how some dont want wives or girlfreinds at the camp.

i can understand all viewpoints, and will only join on that fits my preferences.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
what amazes me is how folks cant see why a dog at the camp my not be wanted by some. not saying you have to agree, but you should atleast understand where they are coming from. especially after you see how some dogs behave.

just like how some dont want wives or girlfreinds at the camp.

i can understand all viewpoints, and will only join on that fits my preferences.

There's the secret.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well, if dogs bother you that bad, don't come camp with us. Go camp with all the serious folks who don't put up with anything but hardcore pro hunting. There you go. Easy solution. Deer hunting isn't a job to me. Stuff like this thread is why I have never been on a lease and never will. Nobody can ever get along, and everybody is always mad at somebody else about some silly something or another.

No issue at all with dogs. I've had several over the years, inside and outside, and hace had some that went to camp with me and I talk about getting one to travel with me every year, but then I remember that it won't do so well for that long on the road with that many different living environments.

I have issues with people that don't have respect for other people's lives amd automatically think that their way is the right way.

Such as standing in line at walmart and listening to the parent tell the screaming kid they are going to count to 10 for the 3rd time. Say something to the parent and they act like you are the problem.

Same thing for the woman that constantly brings her dog into the store while getting her or her hubbys oil changed. It pees or poops in the floor about every 2nd trip. Receptionist asked her to clean it up and she lady asked to speak to her manager and said and i somewhat quote 'she spends good money here and her dog is like family and that the receptionist disrespected her family that she'll no longer do business here". that's not ok