Bigfoot

matt79brown

I don't believe in the existence of bigfoot. However I have not made it my life's work to discredit him. Why? Because I don't believe in him! Why would something I don't believe in bother me enough to set through boring lectures, read forum post or buy bumper stickers that show my stance on this non-existent character. Things I don't believe in don't bother me. Yes sir you'll never find me in a heated debate on bigfoot. I don't believe in him therefore I don't care. He can walk on the moon with Santa Claus and unicorns for all I care. Doesn't effect me one bit.

atlashunter

Good point. When religious superstition garners as much seriousness in the public eye as belief in bigfoot, Santa, and fairies then our work will be done. We are getting there but we aren't there yet.

ky55

But will you still feel the same way about Bigfoot tomorrow ?
:huh:

Since beginning my walk with Christ I have had to change my mind on hundreds of topics.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I know Bigfoot does not exist, nor Santa or the Easter bunny.
Aliens in outer space may. The universe is to vast to know.
As far as Jesus goes, I know that man walked the face of this earth and he was put to death for no real crimes to man kind or Society.
Yet a government feared him for what he spoke. They say 3 days later he rose from the dead. Witnessed By several! Every word in this book is of love and peace and how to live without passing judgement. Eternal life is the promise.

I choose to believe. If I’m wrong what have I lost. Nothing & I will be just as dead as anyone else and I will never know. But if I’m right, my soul will have eternal life.
What is, is !
The gift of life is a one time deal. I’ve done beat the odds of existing. I was born ! Think about it.
Bye.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't believe in the existence of bigfoot. However I have not made it my life's work to discredit him. Why? Because I don't believe in him! Why would something I don't believe in bother me enough to set through boring lectures, read forum post or buy bumper stickers that show my stance on this non-existent character. Things I don't believe in don't bother me. Yes sir you'll never find me in a heated debate on bigfoot. I don't believe in him therefore I don't care. He can walk on the moon with Santa Claus and unicorns for all I care. Doesn't effect me one bit.
And yet you started a thread using the title Bigfoot, and you took time out of your day to tell us why you dont believe in Bigfoot, and you went on to tell us about ways that would display your unbelief for Bigfoot.
In fact you called Bigfoot by name three times and referred to the creature as "Him" twice.

Very odd for someone who won't discuss Bigfoot to start a thread about "Him" and give it a gender.

You even deleted part of your post.

The fact that you put Bigfoot on equal discussion as the god you worship is pretty telling.

I think you are dishonest.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I know Bigfoot does not exist, nor Santa or the Easter bunny.
Aliens in outer space may. The universe is to vast to know.
As far as Jesus goes, I know that man walked the face of this earth and he was put to death for no real crimes to man kind or Society.
Yet a government feared him for what he spoke. They say 3 days later he rose from the dead. Witnessed By several! Every word in this book is of love and peace and how to live without passing judgement. Eternal life is the promise.

I choose to believe. If I’m wrong what have I lost. Nothing & I will be just as dead as anyone else and I will never know. But if I’m right, my soul will have eternal life.
What is, is !
The gift of life is a one time deal. I’ve done beat the odds of existing. I was born ! Think about it.
Bye.
Sleep well thinking that you have the bases covered by only thinking there are two choices.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If Aliens in outer space may exist, then Bigfoot, Santa and the Easter Bunny may as well.

Not in my book. They would be on planet earth.
A alien would only visit and say them fools believe in Bigfoot. :)

All I said was it maybe possible because the universe is so vast and we are beginning to explore it ourself as man kind.
If they are there it matters nothing to me. Or if there is no other life out there except planet earth. Still does not matter.
What matters to me is I was born and will die. So today I live life to the fullest, where ever I’m at.
I was given a Brain and I use it.......

I don’t debate either.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Sleep well thinking that you have the bases covered by only thinking there are two choices.

U sleep well also. Those are the 2 I spoke of. There maybe many Choices.
U sound like you have all the bases covered. Why your a pro ball player in the game of life. :clap:

Thank you for pointing out that for me.

oldfella1962

But does Bigfoot believe in you? :eek:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
U sleep well also. Those are the 2 I spoke of. There maybe many Choices.
U sound like you have all the bases covered. Why your a pro ball player in the game of life. :clap:

Thank you for pointing out that for me.

I have no interest on hedging bets or covering bases. I am perfectly happy saying that I don't know what may or may not be beyond death. I don't throw all my eggs in one basket thinking that if I am wrong I have nothing to lose either.
You may very well be worshipping the wrong god and pay dearly for all of eternity.

atlashunter

But does Bigfoot believe in you? :eek:

pelican-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:bounce:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have no interest on hedging bets or covering bases. I am perfectly happy saying that I don't know what may or may not be beyond death. I don't throw all my eggs in one basket thinking that if I am wrong I have nothing to lose either.
You may very well be worshipping the wrong god and pay dearly for all of eternity.

The real god will forgive me for the false god worship thing.
For I am a mere mortal. I am not but the blink of a eye in the time frame of what has Existed or what will exist. My soul being terminated or my soul “paying dearly” does not bother me.
Good luck with your Journey.

1gr8bldr

Hey Matt, Maybe I assume wrong, however it looks like your making a point that you feel no need to try to disprove anything, big foot being the example, like you have observed that Atheist do. I'm not sure I agree..... you got me thinking, now thinking out loud.... I see it as 2 beliefs. One that God exist and one that God does not exist. Or... and I can't speak for them, but they may be more agnostic than this, the argument being if God does exist, is your version of it truth? Yea, I see your point, like the Darwin stickers eating the fish. You may have a point there as to why do they feel the need to display against something they don't believe in. But that's much different than a conversation platform like here at the AAA forum. So, your point, I see why they debate it, but now I do wonder why some, a small few, would display stickers like mentioned. I have never seen a sticker implying Bigfoot does not exist. These guys know me, so I'm not worried that they will be insulted by my validating your point. They will as always respond by showing me an angle that I have not considered. However.... good conversation topic for a day snowed in.

matt79brown

My original post was antagonistic. My analogy was bad. Guilty. I have been reading multiple post by different people that I assume are Atheist. It seems like a lot of time & effort is spent trying to discredit what is believed to be false. Honestly I do wonder why this is. Is it a personality thing? Are Atheist like believers in that one guy want say much about it, while the next guy is very vocal about his believes? My post may have stunk but my curiosity is sincere.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
My original post was antagonistic. My analogy was bad. Guilty. I have been reading multiple post by different people that I assume are Atheist. It seems like a lot of time & effort is spent trying to discredit what is believed to be false. Honestly I do wonder why this is. Is it a personality thing? Are Atheist like believers in that one guy want say much about it, while the next guy is very vocal about his believes? My post may have stunk but my curiosity is sincere.
Many non believers in here were once believers. For myself, the more I read the Bible the more I questioned it. The more I questioned it the more I set out to find if it's contents are true. The more I searched and researched the more I found things that I did not like (at first). It took me many yeara to openly talk about and question these things. I do it in the hopes to find an explanation that maybe I have somehow overlooked.

It is much different, at least for me, than a belief or non belief in Bigfoot. For 20 years of my life I was not told that Bigfoot created everything, that I should worship Bigfoot, that I should go to a building where people gather to praise Bigfoot. I didnt wear the outline of a large foot on a necklace around my neck. I didn't pray to Bigfoot in the hopes it would change my life.
I did those things to the god that I was raised to believe in.
Now I enjoy the discussion that takes place with believers(majority being Christians which happen to be the majority of where I live and the country I live in) in the hopes to learn something.
I feel that if something is true, and especially the ultimate absolute truth, it would not be so hard to defend or find facts for. I want to find substance beyond the assertions and claims.

It may seem differently, but I am trying to prove a god with my methods. I just can't do it.

matt79brown

Bullethead. Thank you for a very honest answer. I have been studying the bible for about 9 years. I have never really doubted there is a God. Never really had a problem with accepting the God of the bible. I have found it to be a good guide for me. There are without a doubt things in the bible that I can't answer or explain. I have been married 20 years and there are things I can't answer or explain about that woman as well. Lol. I do not buy into what a lot of folks label as "christianity''. As far as proof goes, I will say this..... I can't prove anything. That's kinda where the faith part comes in for me.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Bullethead. Thank you for a very honest answer. I have been studying the bible for about 9 years. I have never really doubted there is a God. Never really had a problem with accepting the God of the bible. I have found it to be a good guide for me. There are without a doubt things in the bible that I can't answer or explain. I have been married 20 years and there are things I can't answer or explain about that woman as well. Lol. I do not buy into what a lot of folks label as "christianity''. As far as proof goes, I will say this..... I can't prove anything. That's kinda where the faith part comes in for me.
Many of those things I can relate to.
But i cannot help to think that a god that was supposed to be so involved in wordly deeds and human interaction should not be that hard to prove.