Spam

tcward

How many of you guys get these" I have been authorized to send you 1,000,000.00 pounds from a British Lottery" emails and how in the heck do you stop them!:huh::type:

merc123

Look for an "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail. If there isn't one then you don't stop them...

BoxCallWillie

Yep from time to time I get them

I just delete them, there more then just spam
their fishing for your personal info too, ie ss#'s
bank account #'s.

Just delete them dont ever respond to them.
I never use a credit card on the internet NEVER !!!
I don't care how safe they say it is .

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
those don't bother me. It's the ones that LOOK like a legitimate bank, E-bay, Pay-pal, etc. that worry me. particularly if they actually have my name instead of "Dear Customer."

StriperAddict

Look for an "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail. If there isn't one then you don't stop them...

I don't unsubscribe. To some website out there I just let someone know I took the time to look at the stupid email in the first place. I just hit the "spam" button and let my email filter do the rest. Eventually they start going away.

those don't bother me. It's the ones that LOOK like a legitimate bank, E-bay, Pay-pal, etc. that worry me. particularly if they actually have my name instead of "Dear Customer."

That's the truth, they are getting quite clever. For those of you who get these, always use a direct link back to ebay, paypal, etc., to check your account. Don't ever click on the link in any of those emails!

polaris30144

If you delete without opening, it doesn't let them know it is a working email address.