Why would doctor refuse to prescribe generic Rx?

FishingAddict

Do doctors get gifts or kick-backs from the drug companies for prescribing specific brand meds?

YES!

No, they don't. They used to get taken to dinner and golf to encourage it, but that's been banned.

Pharma reps can't even leave them pens anymore!

sleepindawg

Generic BP medication wouldn't work for me...found out it was manufactured in India. I think we even import drugs from China, and they can't even sell us a safe dog food! Sorry, but I don't have that much faith in the FDA. It's just a pawn of the pharmaceutical conglomerates...or is it the insurance companies?

Bow Only

Generic BP medication wouldn't work for me...found out it was manufactured in India. I think we even import drugs from China, and they can't even sell us a safe dog food! Sorry, but I don't have that much faith in the FDA. It's just a pawn of the pharmaceutical conglomerates...or is it the insurance companies?

There is a reason Walmart can sell meds below my cost. ;)

sleepindawg

yep...the same reason that the New Jersey maker of my original BP medication (which worked fine for 10+ years by the way) quit manufacturing it altogether. The insurance now pays for two generic meds because it refused to pay for one name brand prescription.

alphachief

Indeed...the days of the "unrestricted educational grant" are long, long gone.