Necessary to cover camper?

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I bought a new 36 foot puma polamino. It's nice. I was gonna store beside my house. Is a cover necessary. I see these 50k dollar camper out in the sun? Should I worry about a 500.00 cover or getting something to park it under or will it be perfectly fine? I want to keep this thing nice. Thanks

WayneB

It's your back that will suffer handling and hoisting the cover...
Or you can just wash the camper before and after use.

If you only plan to use 1-2 times a year, a cover will keep the finish from chalking up, So will a carport-style camper shelter.

Your call.

Greene728

Pole barn or RV type carport/shelter. Don't waste your money on a cover.

Anytime you can keep anything out of the sun here in GA, its gonna help it and improve longevity.

NugeForPres

We just put up a carport for ours. Better safe than sorry. I'm kind of particular, though.

HoCoLion91

Pole barn. The roof will not last long out in the weather. It will develop a crack and water leak that will not be discovered until too late.

3ringer

A cloth type cover may do more harm than good. The camper can't get good airflow and will mildew and sweat. I used to cover my pontoon , it would be covered with mildew when I removed the cover. It does much better left uncovered. The seats are protected by two Bimini tops. A travel trailer would be a pain to cover it. The cover itself would be very heavy and hard to manage. I am in the same position as you. We need to protect our 33 foot camper too. We may have to bite the bullet and purchase a rv carport type structure. The size we need would probably cost around 2k.

T-N-T

Roof is best

660griz

Pole barn. The roof will not last long out in the weather. It will develop a crack and water leak that will not be discovered until too late.

Yep. Tires will last longer too. Well, everything will last longer. Cover it, anyway you can.

Longhorn 16

To me this question can be answered with another question. Do you roll the windows up in you vehicles?

Dialer

Home Depot, I bought a 30x20 brown tarp and 2 jars of bungee cords for my 30 foot motorhome. Easy one man job, and keeps the top dry.

Big7

The Oracle
Yes, you do.

An awning would be even better.