Looking for advise on a boat purchase

Rhodes

I currently have a 2005 1720 Keywest CC with a 90 Johnson that I am well satisfied with but would like a couple more feet. I am considering a 2007 Seafox 19BF Sportsman with a 140 four-stroke. I am not that familiar with these boats and was looking for some advice from ya'll who may know. It appears Seafox may have discontinued the BF line but I'm not sure, I just can't find many of this model for sale to compare. Mainly it's the CC models I see for sale. Any advice would be welcome....thanks.

Scallen

Hi Rhodes. What, exactly are you looking for advice on? Where to find comparable boats to determine a good price? Seafoxes in general? The model in particular? Can't really tell what you are looking for. :huh:

General advice - go with what you know you want and make sure the engine is in good working order. Oh, and don't mix stripes and plaid.

Rhodes

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has knowledge of or experience with the Seafox BF model boats. It appears that model line was discontinued at some point. Also the boat has a 140 four-stroke Suzuki on it. It's a 2007 boat & motor....thanks.

Scallen

I don't have direct knowledge of the individual model, but I would not be too concerned about a 10 year old model being discontinued. Seafox is a decent boat, though maybe not quite the build quality of that Keywest you have. The Suzuki 4 strokes run well and are durable. I have heard they suck a little more gas than the Yamahas or Hondas. One thing I always consider is if I am going to be able to get it worked on. You do have 3 authorized dealers within range in Perry, Albany and Douglas, so that's good.

Jimmy Lee Armel

Hey there. Whatever boat you're getting, lay to have a diagnostics run. I go to custom marine is statesboro for everything. They sell used and new boats as well

M77 Ruger

Suzuki makes a heck of a outboard. Very dependable. Seafox is building a good boat these days but the year you are looking at is at a point when seafox had a lower build quality. Do some research here https://www.thehulltruth.com/ Look on the used market and you will see a lot of seafox's around the 2004-2009 years for sale and a lot of them can be had for pretty cheap.