Good News

We got a new batch of pictures over the weekend and as I studied them, I saw something that surprised me. We saw the really big mature 8, the two nice 10 points we'd keyed on already and then I realized that there was another 10 point in hard antler that we hadn't seen in velvet.

When I looked more closely, I realized it was a buck that was an 8 in velvet, but had put on so much more it included two more small points (G4s) making it a nice 10 albeit a narrow one. He has a pretty unique rack and is for sure a mature deer of at least 4.5.

That gives us four very solid bucks to look for (two of us hunting with a 1 buck limit) and we start with an early 2 day ML season this coming Saturday.

Attachments

• As an 8 in velvet.jpg
    As an 8 in velvet.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 8 is now a 10.jpg
    8 is now a 10.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,086

PappyHoel

Wow that second picture buck looks great.

Guessing he is 2 in the first pic so he would be 7?

No, sorry the date-time was fixed between the July pic and the mid October pic. The odd brow times are the give away to me. There is an unlimited supply of food in the area. Probably 2,000 acres of corn an soybeans. This is the largest block of cover/woods in that area.

rosewood

I think that is the same deer. The brow tines match, left is taller than right. And there is a small kicker on the right G3 that seems to match up. No doubt, he grew a good bit more after the first pic.

Rosewood