Peeing in the woods

oldfella1962

I’d be more concerned about your movement taking a leak than the scent itself

exactly! I hunt from the ground sitting on a bucket most of the time. I shift/lean myself forward accordingly, do my business, then I'm back to business. Granted I face downhill of course at the time. Too easy! Yes I urinate in all scrapes I see or make too.

oldfella1962

What about asparagus pee?

:rofl:

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

you know I was thinking that, but I didn't want to mention it.
I don't eat asparagus, but I've heard some people are really.....affected by it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
From forty years in the deer woods, I can assure you that it doesn't bother deer one bit. In fact, it is more likely to attract them than to spook them.

across the river

As other have said, urine is urine so a deer can't tell the difference. The "deer scent" in deer pee comes from the tarsal glands then pee on, but urine is urine. As far as "asparagus pee" goes, it is a genetic deal in humans. Some people's smell receptors pick it up and others don't. It wouldn't be an issue to the deer.

Pilgrim

If I have to go, I'll pee from the tree. But it definitely can (not saying "always") bother them. Just a few weeks ago I peed from the tree, and within an hour had three does come under my tree. Before they hit the spot where I urinated, they were completely calm; afterwards, they were on high alert - and left the area on high alert. But - they did not blow out of the area; I could have shot one had I wanted to.

I took a dump under a box stand one time and my daughter killed a deer 15 minutes later......no joke. I also pee every time I got to go. They don't care.

BeerThirty

If you've ever noticed, sometimes the smell of urine can vary quite a bit and can take on smells of what you eat. I especially notice this when I pound down several cups of coffee, so my urine has a bit of a bitter coffee aroma by the time it goes through me... Call me crazy, but it's true.

So i'm one of the guys that pees into a empty bottle because I don't want to give the deer any reason to whiff me.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I took a dump under a box stand one time and my daughter killed a deer 15 minutes later......no joke. I also pee every time I got to go. They don't care.

Gawd lol. At least go where it wouldn't rise up around the box all morning.

Tmpr111

I'll let it rip when needed. Although I've always tried to only do it when I absolutely had to, that and I'm not intentionally wetting a rub or scrapes by any means.

Kris87

I'll let it rip when needed. Although I've always tried to only do it when I absolutely had to, that and I'm not intentionally wetting a rub or scrapes by any means.

If you ever pee'd on a scrape and hung a camera on it, you'd pee in every one you came across. Seriously.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
If you ever pee'd on a scrape and hung a camera on it, you'd pee in every one you came across. Seriously.

One of the biggest mountain bucks I've ever gotten on camera was standing in a scrape that I made. I just pulled some cards tonight and had a good buck standing in a scrape I peed in 2 days ago.

fullstrut

Pee and dip. Latter not a good habit but after 30 yes of deer hunting I've yet to see it affect the deer and what I've shot.

BowArrow

Almost 80 and occasionally have to pee. Recently had to pee from stand and few minutes latter a doe walked up two yards from stand. Stood there for two minutes and finally smelled my walking stick that I had dropped at base of tree. Normally hid stick but decided to drop it at tree. Did not get a shot with my bow. I pee at my car and step in it with my boots. Helps cover up when I walk to stand.