Coyote Starter Kit?

BassHunter25

Coyotes are getting out of control at our place along with hogs, I believe I'm gonna hang up deer hunting for the year and go after coyotes and hogs.

What do I need to get going? What should I put on my Christmas list? Our property is pretty thick. We have a couple grown up clear cuts and a few long roads. So its not exactly like what Ive seen on TV.

I have yotes on my cams nearly everytime I check them. all different colors too. Red, blonde, black.

We have only seen them a couple times in the stand deer hunting and its usually tough to get on them in time.
Not only have I gotten a lot of multiple yotes on cam at one time, but also had them with something in their mouths a lot. Here are a few pics.

1fe03d8ace5e1660207d5534653e0f91.md.jpg

5f37324847d9ffba43f542c2778b912f.md.jpg

fb4e54277b1957b38480cfd3dc36aba4.md.jpg

3752adc5968099ad82d4a7d013626671.md.jpg

67ec809fe71026a224f359abe276f19f.md.jpg

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you plan on hunting yotes and hogs at night try to get a red light that has an old type of bulb not the new laser types. The older type can be shined in their eyes at ten yards and they can not see it. The new ones that they sell will scare them away if you shine directly into their eyes even at more than 100 yards. I have one like in the photo and I can see the animals out to 2 hundred yards. I have watched both hogs and coyotes as close as 10 yards and they never spooked from the light. I bought one of the new type lights and won't use it any more.

gt40

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 272

BassHunter25

If you plan on hunting yotes and hogs at night try to get a red light that has an old type of bulb not the new laser types. The older type can be shined in their eyes at ten yards and they can not see it. The new ones that they sell will scare them away if you shine directly into their eyes even at more than 100 yards. I have one like in the photo and I can see the animals out to 2 hundred yards. I have watched both hogs and coyotes as close as 10 yards and they never spooked from the light. I bought one of the new type lights and won't use it any more.

gt40

I think I used to have one of those years ago back when you had to mail order stuff from cabelas. And we got it for some hog hunting. It had a heavy little battery you clipped to your belt. In fact I feel like I could rummage though the attic and find it, but don't know if it would work or not.

But how about a call or bait to get the coyotes in?
I kind of know how to handle the hogs, but the attracting yotes is new to me. Watched some shows recently with the remote callers looked like it could be fun if they actually came in. I have an old rabbit squealer call that I bought years ago, but I feel like it would scare everything within miles if I blow it in the woods. Never heard a rabbit squeal like that. It would scare me..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member