Jerusalem the capital of Israel?

hobbs27

Hobbs, you once said that the heirs didn't replace Israel but were adopted into it as explained in Romans 11. The tree, the grafting, etc.

Now it sounds like your belief is more in line with the Reformed in that the heirs were never Israel and were always Christians from the beginning. Following that the heirs of the promises were never the genealogical seeds of Abraham.

Have your beliefs changed from that of being grafted into Israel? Do you see it now as national Jerusalem never being heirs to a belief that who God foreknew were only individual believers?
In other words no fulfillment or replacement as it has always been the same from the beginning.

How do you explain the God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew and that Gentiles were without God and excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world?

His people He foreknew were the first century Christians from 30-70 ad.
Many of what scripture deems Gentiles were not gentiles in the sense we think of.. IE Greek.
Many were the diaspora, those Israelites of the other houses, not of the house of Judah. They were found in Rome, and Asia. Many of them were hearing and accepting the Gospel. As they came into the church, it was bringing all Israel together again that All Israel may be saved.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I would love to see any biblical references that allude to the only jews being from the tribe of Judah. I am not interested in any reference outside the bible that claim that jews are only from Judah.

waiting on the scripture..........

hobbs27

:pop:
I would love to see any biblical references that allude to the only jews being from the tribe of Judah. I am not interested in any reference outside the bible that claim that jews are only from Judah.

waiting on the scripture..........

I can show commentary and concordance... maybe you can show me scripture that refers to members of the ten northern tribes as a Jew?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
lol

I don't think that burden is on my back. You made the claim. Prove it in scripture.

Artfuldodger

His people He foreknew were the first century Christians from 30-70 ad.

Romans 10:20-21
And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God, saying, "I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me."
But regarding Israel, God said, "All day long I opened my arms to them, but they were disobedient and rebellious."
Romans 11:1-
ask then, did God reject His people? Certainly not! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel:

Paul is talking about Israel. How do you get that it's Christians of the early Church?
The early Church were the one's that were not looking for God. Verse 2 has God saying that he will not reject His people that He foreknew. Look at the context of what Paul is saying.
God then elects a Remnant from Israel and hardens the rest of Israel. Because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

Who was Jacob? Maybe you are too hung up on the word Jewish or have some weird thing about using it.
Anyway the Deliverer will come to or has already come to Zion. Where might that be? Who were it's occupants when the deliverer came? He removed godlessness from Jacob. Where might that have been as well?

"And so all Israel will be saved"
"And this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

Who is Israel, who is Zion, who is Jacob and who is "them" as in when I take away their sins?

Artfuldodger

Why did Paul say;
28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience,31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you. 32For God has consigned all men to disobedience, so that He may have mercy on them all. 33 O, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!

Why would Paul go to the trouble to say all that if it was never so? He is not talking about the early Church. He is talking about the promises to the patriarchs. Whatever you want to call them I don't care. Hebrews, Israelites, Jews, or Jacob.
Regardless of what we call them Romans 11 is explaining that they are loved on account of the patriarchs. That Gentiles have received mercy through their disobedience. That this was done to make Israel jealous.
That like the Gentiles, they too had to be disobedient in order for God to have mercy on them as well.

Regardless of how or who you call Israel or how or who you call Gentiles, Romans 11 is about the promises to the patriarchs.

Kinda weird isn't it? Paul knew we wouldn't understand God's ways.

Last edited:

gordon 2

Y'all recall many bifurcations ago when I wondered in this tread with the notion that the USA was going to be viewed as complicit with Israel in their schemes of ethnic cleansing in Palestine?

From News Reports this morning:

CAIRO -- Arab foreign ministers on Sunday demanded that the United States rescind U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, calling it a "grave" development that puts Washington on the same side as "occupation" and the violation of international law.

( It did not take too long!)

Other developments yesterday: Significant protest at US embassy in Lebanon.

I foresee that more embassy protests and worse are eminent! As many will realize that the USA is officially on the side of occupation.

Has God hardened the hearts of the so called occupiers or those who deem themselves dispossessed in this case? Bible verses? Is it possible that God would harden the hearts of Christians today? Scripture?

Hebrews 3:13
13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Last edited:

hobbs27

Paul, Peter, James, etc were Jew's, but were Christian. They were the first century Christians, the remnant, the elect, true Israel. So were the scattered northern tribes that came into the Gospel.

Artfuldodger

Romans 9:16
So then, it does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden.19One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still find fault? For who can resist His will?” 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21Does not the potter have the right to make from the same lump of clay one vessel for special occasions and another for common use?

I'm sure that wherever Zion is or will be that God will not need our help in his plan for that Zion even if it will be in Independence, Missouri.

We do know that God chose a remnant out of Israel based on grace and not works and hardened the rest. Until.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Y'all recall many bifurcations ago when I wondered in this tread with the notion that the USA was going to be viewed as complicit with Israel in their schemes of ethnic cleansing in Palestine?

From News Reports this morning:

CAIRO -- Arab foreign ministers on Sunday demanded that the United States rescind U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, calling it a "grave" development that puts Washington on the same side as "occupation" and the violation of international law.

( It did not take too long!)

Other developments yesterday: Significant protest at US embassy in Lebanon.

I foresee that more embassy protests and worse are eminent! As many will realize that the USA is officially on the side of occupation.

Has God hardened the hearts of the so called occupiers or those who deem themselves dispossessed in this case? Bible verses? Is it possible that God would harden the hearts of Christians today? Scripture?

Hebrews 3:13
13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Gordon, I really don't care what the other nations think of the decision to put the embassy in Jerusalem, just as I don't care what other nations think of us electing PDT instead of HRC. Their opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

What I do care about is being on the side of right. Israel has been kicked about, bullied, stomped on, and treated like a red headed step child for over 70 years now. Most of the countries of the world are against her, and most of the arab nations would nuke the crap out of Israel, even if it meant destroying the Dome of the Rock to get rid of Israel.

There is an intense hatred in the mid east for the jews, and it is only because they are jews. Not that they have done anything to provoke the anger, or deserve the bullying. One of the most telling questions you can ask yourself concerning the conflicts among the mid east neighborhood..... If the Arabs laid down all their arms and declared they would fight no more, what would happen to the arabs? On the other hand, If the Israeli's laid down all their arms and declared they would fight no more, what would happen to Israel?

The answer to those 2 questions will show you where the conflict arises, and who continues to fan the flames of hatred in the middle east.

America has always been on the side of the underdog. When Germany had France in a death grip, America stepped in and sacrificed thousands to liberate France. We did the same as England came under attack from Germany. Twice.

Sure as a nation, we have our issues. We make mistakes and do things that hurt other nations. Just as we do as individuals. My concern for our national leadership is that they stand for right, protect the weak, and comfort the hurting. The exact same things that I try to do in my own life.

red neck richie

Gordon, I really don't care what the other nations think of the decision to put the embassy in Jerusalem, just as I don't care what other nations think of us electing PDT instead of HRC. Their opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

What I do care about is being on the side of right. Israel has been kicked about, bullied, stomped on, and treated like a red headed step child for over 70 years now. Most of the countries of the world are against her, and most of the arab nations would nuke the crap out of Israel, even if it meant destroying the Dome of the Rock to get rid of Israel.

There is an intense hatred in the mid east for the jews, and it is only because they are jews. Not that they have done anything to provoke the anger, or deserve the bullying. One of the most telling questions you can ask yourself concerning the conflicts among the mid east neighborhood..... If the Arabs laid down all their arms and declared they would fight no more, what would happen to the arabs? On the other hand, If the Israeli's laid down all their arms and declared they would fight no more, what would happen to Israel?

The answer to those 2 questions will show you where the conflict arises, and who continues to fan the flames of hatred in the middle east.

America has always been on the side of the underdog. When Germany had France in a death grip, America stepped in and sacrificed thousands to liberate France. We did the same as England came under attack from Germany. Twice.

Sure as a nation, we have our issues. We make mistakes and do things that hurt other nations. Just as we do as individuals. My concern for our national leadership is that they stand for right, protect the weak, and comfort the hurting. The exact same things that I try to do in my own life.

You got that right Pappy. I agree with you the media will only show the violence from the Palestinians. They wont show this on tv.

Spineyman

:pop:

I can show commentary and concordance... maybe you can show me scripture that refers to members of the ten northern tribes as a Jew?

Romans 2:25-29

25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Spineyman

Let me also add that it was God who set the boundaries of Israel not man. Trump was just affirming what God said long ago.

hobbs27

Romans 2:25-29

25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

Artfuldodger

Joel 2:27-29
Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel, And that I am the LORD your God, And there is no other; And My people will never be put to shame. 28"It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. 29"Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.…

Spineyman

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I don't think that means what you think it means. God did in fact set a covenant up with Israel. That covenant is a two way street. It is between God and Israel. They are the two parties involved. He also went on to give the rules for said covenant. If you do this then I will do this, but if you do this then I will do this. there were blessings and cursings according to the set rules. Now on to your scripture you quoted. It simply means God is no respecter of persons. He deals with all regardless of color, creed, male, female, nationality, or any other distinction you can figure out equally at the foot of the cross. There is no distinction as far as that goes, because He freely gives to all who seek Him. Now obviously He has set up boundaries and roles and functions. There are true distinctions.

gordon 2

I suspect that life being so busy few are making a point to count the dead and wounded so far...?? and I understand that some are not counting cause they could care less? But I'm betting some are and Oh! the headlines today : " Turkey aims to open embassy in East Jerusalem"? Hum!:huh:

hobbs27

I don't think that means what you think it means. God did in fact set a covenant up with Israel. That covenant is a two way street. It is between God and Israel. They are the two parties involved. He also went on to give the rules for said covenant. If you do this then I will do this, but if you do this then I will do this. there were blessings and cursings according to the set rules. Now on to your scripture you quoted. It simply means God is no respecter of persons. He deals with all regardless of color, creed, male, female, nationality, or any other distinction you can figure out equally at the foot of the cross. There is no distinction as far as that goes, because He freely gives to all who seek Him. Now obviously He has set up boundaries and roles and functions. There are true distinctions.

Are you saying God has two active covenants with man today, and we can be Christian or Jew and either is OK? ... So much for Jesus being the only way.