GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Trail Cams

Old 04-10-2017, 10:39 PM

https://youtu.be/oXpm8J5z6CA

This Is one of the videos I thought to be glitchy from the camera"when viewed on my lap top" and then when I played on YouTube it was fine.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:53 PM

I've got the GX45NG and absolutely love it. I've had almost every brand there is except cuddy and reconyx. I can say without a doubt, it has been the best I've had. Night pics aren't frame worthy, but they are more than good enough to tell you what your looking at and I have never had pure washout pics, blanks, or blurred with 1000''s of pics a week. More than half which are coons on my feeder . I've gotten great battery life with it on video all of last year plus using the display screen. My next addition will be another stealth cam. Highly recommended

Instead of using the quick settings, try creating your own, that best suits you. It has advanced settings, quality, etc.

Last edited by BuckNasty83; 04-23-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:04 AM

GON is the worst when it comes to posting pics. This is the only 1 I can upload right now without resizing. I'll post some more tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Default Yotes

So far I'm liking this camera. After i checked these photos i went back out and dropped the camera a few feet . i put it back on quick set 1.

curious if these two photos are of the same coyote or two different animals. hopefully with the camera lower ill get a few more pics next week.

photo STC_0035.jpg

photo STC_0008.jpg
Old 04-18-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoset View Post
So far I'm liking this camera. After i checked these photos i went back out and dropped the camera a few feet . i put it back on quick set 1.

curious if these two photos are of the same coyote or two different animals. hopefully with the camera lower ill get a few more pics next week.

photo STC_0035.jpg

photo STC_0008.jpg

This is the same coyote in both photos. I think that this is a female that has a den somewhere nearby as this one is located in the same location on two occasions 3 days apart and both times, it was early in the morning. The body of this one looks like she may be nursing.

On my trail cam photos, there have only been about 3 times over the last 6 years or so that I have seen coyotes stay close like this or lay down etc during multiple times during the day and there were pups involved on these occasions too. These pups grow up really fast and can hunt and survive fairly well in just a few months too. Where there is one, there are lots more of them too. Hopefully with your camera lowered somewhat, you will see lots more of what is traveling on your property.

Last edited by EAGLE EYE 444; 04-18-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Default What I like

Ok so far I have found my use of this camera very satisfactory. The only caveat I've had so far is the media player on my lap top doesn't seam to care for the videos . Which is no fault of the camera.

I love that the camera even if not a true noglow is practically invisible while taking photos at night. You would seriously have to know where this thing is to find it in the dark.

I like the fact that I can lock it with a pin. Cable and padlock. Witch doesn't make it theft proof but I'll take it.

I like the fact that I scored the camera for under a hundred bucks.

And so far the main issues I've had with photos and triggers are from my lack of experience setting up trail cams .

After I checked the photos this week I went back out and made a few more adjustments to the camera lowering it a bit more and angling it down a bit

From the photos last week I discovered, I have at least one Doe using minerals fairly regularly. Mostly at night. I didn't catch any yotes on camera this week .

Here's one photo of doe on minerals hopefully with my repositioning of the camera I'll have some better photos next week.

Another thing I like is that checking photos gives me something to look forward to each week. I may have to pick up another camera soon.
 photo STC_0024.jpg
Old 05-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Default In the pics .

Well I went from 30ish pics with a chunk of them being me or my dog to 200ish pics with a few camera adjustments. Now that I have a better idea of how to place this camera I'll be able to more effectively use it in the future.

I got a bunch of really nice pictures this week of everything from feral cats to possums,Rats and plenty of deer on mineral. I didn't catch any coyotes this week but I have no doubt they will be back.

I still have a lot of photos to go threw but here is a nice string I caught this last week .

This strand of photos was taken about two hours before I pulled this card and it's probably the best string I have to date.

I did move the camera a little to the right as I had a lot of missed photos and tops of deer heads using the mineral but not walking into frame.

Mineral is in the stump hole from the blow down in the picture.