GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Deer Hunting
Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM
...just joking, seriously.

Too bad threads like this have to turn into such a show. The man asked about opinions of dogs in camp. Not opinions of people's opinions.
I gave my honest opinion; no crying, no hard feelings. Was in the club year after year with dogs in Camp. Never said squat to nobody about dogs in Camp. And yes Camp was full of goodfellers. It was its own social circle full of people I never knew outside of deer camp.
I have my own smaller lease now. No need to put up with 20-plus guys hunting the same deer. I bet four out of five fellers who also kindly put up with other people's dogs in camp would rather have their own lease also. It's much more enjoyable hunting with a couple of your like-minded buddies anyway.
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

what amazes me is how folks cant see why a dog at the camp my not be wanted by some. not saying you have to agree, but you should atleast understand where they are coming from. especially after you see how some dogs behave.

just like how some dont want wives or girlfreinds at the camp.

i can understand all viewpoints, and will only join on that fits my preferences.
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post

It's always the owners fault when it comes to unruly dogs and snot nosed unruly kids
Yeah, but I wouldn't get in near as much trouble for kicking someone's unruly dog.
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rance56 View Post
what amazes me is how folks cant see why a dog at the camp my not be wanted by some. not saying you have to agree, but you should atleast understand where they are coming from. especially after you see how some dogs behave.

just like how some dont want wives or girlfreinds at the camp.

i can understand all viewpoints, and will only join on that fits my preferences.
There's the secret.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Retired Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Well, if dogs bother you that bad, don't come camp with us. Go camp with all the serious folks who don't put up with anything but hardcore pro hunting. There you go. Easy solution. Deer hunting isn't a job to me. Stuff like this thread is why I have never been on a lease and never will. Nobody can ever get along, and everybody is always mad at somebody else about some silly something or another.
No issue at all with dogs. I've had several over the years, inside and outside, and hace had some that went to camp with me and I talk about getting one to travel with me every year, but then I remember that it won't do so well for that long on the road with that many different living environments.

I have issues with people that don't have respect for other people's lives amd automatically think that their way is the right way.

Such as standing in line at walmart and listening to the parent tell the screaming kid they are going to count to 10 for the 3rd time. Say something to the parent and they act like you are the problem.

Same thing for the woman that constantly brings her dog into the store while getting her or her hubbys oil changed. It pees or poops in the floor about every 2nd trip. Receptionist asked her to clean it up and she lady asked to speak to her manager and said and i somewhat quote 'she spends good money here and her dog is like family and that the receptionist disrespected her family that she'll no longer do business here". that's not ok
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Retired Admin

Btw, I also had an unruly wife that I couldn't bring to camp
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Dog person here. I’ve always had a dog. One sitting in the chair with me as I type. That being said I would never take my dog anywhere where I think that there is any question wether he is welcome or not. Nowadays folks think their dog should go with them everywhere including businesses and automatically think that the dog is welcome. I’m here to tell you that it’s not. Dont take your dog into a business unless it’s the vet or Petsmart unless you know it’s welcome. This should apply to hunting camps too. If other people at camp have a problem with your dog, don’t take it unless you make “all”the rules. Too many people, especially melinials refer to their dog as their “baby” now and think they are equal to humans. They’re not ! They’re dogs
Old Today, 12:49 AM

If they acted like the dogs on Hee Haw I would be ok with it.
Old Today, 04:15 AM

Im ok with pets that dont make noise or bother gear and possessions...like a pet rock would be ok or an aquarium. No dogs or cats unless they contribute to the hunting.