GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Spiritual Help and Religion Discussions > Atheists/Agnostics/Apologetics

Old 03-23-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck richie View Post
No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like.
Ill ask you too since j-seph has not answered,

You believe in prayer. You claim to have had prayers answered and have witnessed miracles as far as health issues being cured etc.
Do you know of any amputees that prayed and had their limbs regrow?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethead View Post

You believe in prayer. You claim to have had prayers answered and have witnessed miracles as far as health issues being cured etc.
No I have not personally witnessed limb regrowth. But I have witnessed God given technology to create artificial limbs. And as far as health issues I have witnessed healing of drug addicts. My Dad being one. His testimony is powerful and proof as well.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
No I have not personally witnessed limb regrowth. But I have witnessed God given technology to create artificial limbs. And as far as health issues I have witnessed healing of drug addicts.
Well I completely understand you attaching a god to things that get done by man in order to try the shift away from my actual question. That style fits in perfectly with the unprovable claims.
But you are on the spot as to why a god has never answered a prayer to physically regrow a limb. That would require actual physical evidence which never seems to show up.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:52 PM

[quote=red neck richie;10661002]No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like. Arrogance perhaps but that's how strongly I know what I know based on my life experiences.[/QUOTE
Quote:
But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God.
I wonder if 2000 years from now the conversation will be .. "what they thought was God was _______"
Old 03-23-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Well I completely understand you attaching a god to things that get done by man in order to try the shift away from my actual question. That style fits in perfectly with the unprovable claims.
But you are on the spot as to why a god has never answered a prayer to physically regrow a limb. That would require actual physical evidence which never seems to show up.
Physical evidence is there. Saul didn't believe then he became Paul. I told you this before for whatever reason you have you don't want to accept witness and personal testimony as evidence. I think based on our conversation its because of the pain you and I experience when Our loved one dies. Sometimes we pray for mercy and don't receive it and that anger's us.

Last edited by red neck richie; 03-24-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Physical evidence is there. Saul didn't believe then he became Peter. I told you this before for whatever reason you have you don't want to accept witness and personal testimony as evidence. I think based on our conversation its because of the pain you and I experience when Our loved one dies. Sometimes we pray for mercy and don't receive it and that anger's us.
Richie, nothing that you say is evidence would stand up in a court of law.
My loss of loved ones came many years after I
was well on my way of my current line of thought.
I do not have sour grapes. I didn't pray for something, not get my way, and then get mad at a god. There is no god to get mad at.

Surely if your god brought people back from the dead, healed diseased people, cured blindness, kept them safe from accidents and even in j-sephs case extorted money from a boss to give his wife a raise....
Why hasn't your god answered one single prayer to help an amputee out?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Sorry I have not been on here. No I have not witnessed it. However I have a friend who lost his arm in a motorcycle wreck. Howeve, through God he happened to be put in a place to run into someone that actually got him hooked up with latest and greatest robotic arm. Just because someone has lost a limb and it does not grow back doesn't mean there is no God. My late wife had a brain tumor, there was many prayer went up for her to be cured. That was not in Gods plan. Had it not been for that, I would be a different person today. Many lives she touched in 10 years fighting it and gave many a reason to keep fighting and living. How would you react with a brain tumor, knowing your odds? She cried one time in 10 years and that was only because she was told she could not have kids. Why did we meet at least 5 other people that had brain tumors and they died long before she did?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Richie, nothing that you say is evidence would stand up in a court of law.
My loss of loved ones came many years after I
was well on my way of my current line of thought.
I do not have sour grapes. I didn't pray for something, not get my way, and then get mad at a god. There is no god to get mad at.

Surely if your god brought people back from the dead, healed diseased people, cured blindness, kept them safe from accidents and even in j-sephs case extorted money from a boss to give his wife a raise....
Why hasn't your god answered one single prayer to help an amputee out?
I can only assume you hunt as you are on an outdoors forum. Possibly you are in a hunting club as well. If someone told you in the club or maybe even a neighbor that they had been seeing a big buck crossing at a certain spot would you or would you not go and setup to hunt that spot at least once or twice?
Old 03-24-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like. Arrogance perhaps but that's how strongly I know what I know based on my life experiences.
So according to you -
Quote:
they didn't totally understand what was happening
1. They didn't understand what was happening to them.
Quote:
nor do I claim to
2. You don't understand what happened to you.

And your argument is -
Quote:
I would argue they didn't totally understand
Maybe its just me but........
Old 03-24-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_seph View Post
Sorry I have not been on here. No I have not witnessed it. However I have a friend who lost his arm in a motorcycle wreck. Howeve, through God he happened to be put in a place to run into someone that actually got him hooked up with latest and greatest robotic arm. Just because someone has lost a limb and it does not grow back doesn't mean there is no God. My late wife had a brain tumor, there was many prayer went up for her to be cured. That was not in Gods plan. Had it not been for that, I would be a different person today. Many lives she touched in 10 years fighting it and gave many a reason to keep fighting and living. How would you react with a brain tumor, knowing your odds? She cried one time in 10 years and that was only because she was told she could not have kids. Why did we meet at least 5 other people that had brain tumors and they died long before she did?
Those things happen to people who do believe in Jesus, Allah, Krishna and every other god. Those things happen to people who do not pray to any god.
Nothing you have said stands out as the work of any god whatsoever.

Whatever ailment I happen to have is gonna play out however it plays out.

I am sorry for your loss of loved ones but people live and people pass on. Some make it longer than others but we all die. People all over the world survive against all the odds against them. It happens. A god has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Those things happen to people who do believe in Jesus, Allah, Krishna and every other god. Those things happen to people who do not pray to any god.
Nothing you have said stands out as the work of any god whatsoever.

Whatever ailment I happen to have is gonna play out however it plays out.

I am sorry for your loss of loved ones but people live and people pass on. Some make it longer than others but we all die. People all over the world survive against all the odds against them. It happens. A god has nothing to do with it.
I can only assume you hunt as you are on an outdoors forum. Possibly you are in a hunting club as well. If someone told you in the club or maybe even a neighbor that they had been seeing a big buck crossing at a certain spot would you or would you not go and setup to hunt that spot at least once or twice?
Old 03-24-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Id scout it myself to make sure it is in fact a big buck.
"Big " buck is relative.
I would first look for sign.
I would then set out a trail cam to see how big "big" is.
And then if the evidence matched the claims, I would try to set up in a spot that would bring the buck by me.
I definitely wouldn't brag about "my" buck until
I was able to show it.

But please, go on...

Last edited by bullethead; 03-24-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Id scout it myself to make sure it is in fact a big buck.
"Big " buck is relative.
I would first look for sign.
I would then set out a trail cam to see how big "big" is.
And then if the evidence matched the claims, I would try to set up in a spot that would bring the buck by me.
I definitely wouldn't brag about "my" buck until
I was able to show it.

But please, go on...
But yet you would go out of your way to check it out, put the work in to find said deer and sign all based on one fellows testimony that he was there with an open mind that he could be or not be?

Are you not willing to go off many folks testimony about Christianity, put your time in at church and in his word with an open mind to find out if said God, Jesus, Holy Spirit exist?
Old 03-24-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
But yet you would go out of your way to check it out, put the work in to find said deer and sign all based on one fellows testimony that he was there with an open mind that he could be or not be?

Are you not willing to go off many folks testimony about Christianity, put your time in at church and in his word with an open mind to find out if said God, Jesus, Holy Spirit exist?
20 years of thinking there was a god
Plus
20+ years of trying to find a god is a heck of a scouting mission.
No evidence.
No god.

All I have on the trail cams are people running around chasing a god that isnt there.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:

J-seph I have been going out of my way to find a god for the vast majority of all my years on this planet.
That is what has brought me to my current state.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
If you told me this buck walked on water and rose from the dead and that neither you nor your friend saw it yourselves but read about it in a book full of other myths I wouldn't bother.
Ezekiel 23:20-21
Old 03-24-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambush80 View Post
If you told me this buck walked on water and rose from the dead and that neither you nor your friend saw it yourselves but read about it in a book full of other myths I wouldn't bother.
^^^^
Like the bible, the believers try to interject reality with wishful thoughts in the hopes that the two mingle and make the wishful thoughts seem more believable.
Deer hunting/Jesus hunting.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
^^^^
Like the bible, the believers try to interject reality with wishful thoughts in the hopes that the two mingle and make the wishful thoughts seem more believable.
Deer hunting/Jesus hunting.
It's not worth lacing up my boots for.

I don't get why they think it might have happened "Just that ONE time". It's like they need it to be true so badly.
Ezekiel 23:20-21
Old 03-24-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambush80 View Post
It's not worth lacing up my boots for.

I don't get why they think it might have happened "Just that ONE time". It's like they need it to be true so badly.
It's all about what a person Needs to be true rather than what is actually true.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
It's all about what a person Needs to be true rather than what is actually true.
Good way to put it.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:

1. Deer exists.
2. That is all.