; Help planning a trip for early April - Georgia Outdoor News Forum
 


GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Georgia Coastal Fishing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Wcgreen20 Wcgreen20 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default Help planning a trip for early April

I have never been to the GA coast after living here for 6 years now so I figure it's time. I grew up in NC and still go back there to do my saltwater fishing. But my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she wants me to take her down near Savannah for the weekend and secretly it is a fishing trip she just doesn't realize it yet. I'll be towing my 19' Carolina Skiff down from Atlanta.

Any suggestions on places to go and what to expect? Just looking to do some inshore fishing for reds, trout, flounder or whatever. Would I be better off going near Savannah or closer to the coast like Tybee? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Scallen2112 Scallen2112 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a Daze
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcgreen20 View Post
I have never been to the GA coast after living here for 6 years now so I figure it's time. I grew up in NC and still go back there to do my saltwater fishing. But my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she wants me to take her down near Savannah for the weekend and secretly it is a fishing trip she just doesn't realize it yet. I'll be towing my 19' Carolina Skiff down from Atlanta.

Any suggestions on places to go and what to expect? Just looking to do some inshore fishing for reds, trout, flounder or whatever. Would I be better off going near Savannah or closer to the coast like Tybee? Thanks
If you have never fished here, don't know the water, and want the best chance for your girl to have an eventful trip, then I'd leave the boat behind and contact Jimmy Lee Arnel here on the board to book a trip.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2018, 07:06 PM
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy's Avatar
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy DownSouthGeorgiaBoy is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: newnan
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Tybee beach has been fun with whiting and big rays lately. Thats all so far with the low water temps
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2018, 10:56 PM
Wcgreen20 Wcgreen20 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallen2112 View Post
If you have never fished here, don't know the water, and want the best chance for your girl to have an eventful trip, then I'd leave the boat behind and contact Jimmy Lee Arnel here on the board to book a trip.
Well if we did a charter she would know it's a fishing trip. So I gotta compromise since it's her birthday. But I appreciate the advice and will have to look him up next opportunity I have. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Jimmy Lee Armel Jimmy Lee Armel is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Willmington Island
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

If you're trying to put a lot of fish in the boat, I'd just slide out to the sav or dua reef and load up on bottom fish and keep the trolling gear handy just in case. It's hard to inshore fish when you have no pattern on the fish. There is a lot of ground to cover
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM
smokey30725's Avatar
smokey30725 smokey30725 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Flintstone, GA
iTrader: (105) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallen2112 View Post
If you have never fished here, don't know the water, and want the best chance for your girl to have an eventful trip, then I'd leave the boat behind and contact Jimmy Lee Arnel here on the board to book a trip.
^^^^^This x2! ^^^^^^^^^^
__________________
The older I get, the more I prefer the company of my dogs to most people.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Jimmy Lee Armel Jimmy Lee Armel is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Willmington Island
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcgreen20 View Post
Well if we did a charter she would know it's a fishing trip. So I gotta compromise since it's her birthday. But I appreciate the advice and will have to look him up next opportunity I have. Thanks
Loading the boat and tackle is probably the safest way to camoflauge a fishing trip just blindfold her
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2018, 08:52 AM
Scallen2112 Scallen2112 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a Daze
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lee Armel View Post
Loading the boat and tackle is probably the safest way to camoflauge a fishing trip just blindfold her
LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger