GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Spiritual Help and Religion Discussions > Spiritual Discussions and Study

Old 10-01-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
I do not dispute that because it is God who calls us, and seeks us out. It is also God who makes covenant with us , not the other way around. But those references are Old Testament and pre printing abilities. Yes there are still areas that are remote enough to not have Bibles or even know about them. That is not the norm though. The end results , God still calls and saves those whom He chooses for Himself.
I would agree that most folks now a days have access to a Bible if they want it. This did not happen at the end of the Old Testament. It took many years for the written Gospel to reach the ends of the earth.

Therefore as you mentioned, God still calls and saves those whom He chooses for Himself. I would also agree that it would be foolish for one to walk with God and not use written scripture. Why would one want to indeed?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 AM

Most folks never even heard of one
the better part of the first 450-500 years or so
of Christianity.

Just sayin.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big7 View Post
Most folks never even heard of one
the better part of the first 450-500 years or so
of Christianity.

Just sayin.
You are correct, Martin Luther in the 1500's learned the importance of printed media. Before that it was extremely expensive. But the greater condemnation today is we have churches on almost every corner, we have Bibles in most households, and look at the wickedness that prevails today. So I say not God bless America today but God please have mercy on America because we have lost our way.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
You are correct, Martin Luther in the 1500's learned the importance of printed media. Before that it was extremely expensive. But the greater condemnation today is we have churches on almost every corner, we have Bibles in most households, and look at the wickedness that prevails today. So I say not God bless America today but God please have mercy on America because we have lost our way.
Amen.

"It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep..." ~Congressman X
Old 12-06-2017, 09:05 AM

I think it is possible to confound the idea of men walking with God who did not have access to the Bible with men walking with God who have rejected the Bible.

From whom much is given, much is expected. Having the blessing of Scripture raises the bar.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDrummerBoy View Post
I think it is possible to confound the idea of men walking with God who did not have access to the Bible with men walking with God who have rejected the Bible.

From whom much is given, much is expected. Having the blessing of Scripture raises the bar.

Well put. "those who knew the Master's will, but did it not..."

If we approach anything apart from the love of God ruling in our hearts, well, we may find ourselves being schooled. (And that works good)

We are responsible/entrusted to those things we say we know.

Last edited by Israel; 12-10-2017 at 08:29 AM.