GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Birds, Birds and More Birds > Turkey Talk


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-19-2017, 06:07 PM
kmckinnie's Avatar
kmckinnie kmckinnie is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quitman Co. Ga.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

U can get shot with out a deke.
Seen where a shotgun stock got shot. 2 hunter split up. One saw the red at 10 ft shot the shock.
It's just being careless. Neglect etc.
__________________
Howdy!!
I'm the VP of the useles Billy Club....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 PM
The Cohutta Strutter The Cohutta Strutter is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chatsworth, Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckinnie View Post
U can get shot with out a deke.
Seen where a shotgun stock got shot. 2 hunter split up. One saw the red at 10 ft shot the shock.
It's just being careless. Neglect etc.
Agreed. The sport of turkey hunting is dangerous enough as is. I see I'm not the only one that is NOT surprised that this happened.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Miguel Cervantes's Avatar
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
GON Severe Weatherman
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Between Bethlehem, Loganville & Monroe
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman6 View Post
Next thing you know deer hunters will bE wearing a cap with a doe tail hanging from it, or antletss strapped to their heads running around the woods grunting. What happening to one man hunting game using skill instead of gimmicks.
It went the way of common sense. It isn't taught anymore and Wal-Mart doesn't sell it.
__________________
“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”~Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 PM
GLS's Avatar
GLS GLS is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lowcountry, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Hopefully no serious injuries. Here's a more detailed article. The younger brother and his accomplice were both shot in the face by the older brother. The younger brother and his buddy were fanning the older brother who was fanning the other two and they low crawled to each other. In other words, Dueling Fanjoes. It gets better. When the older brother shot his brother and buddy, both of them were rolling around and the older brother triumphantly ran over to what he thought was a flopping Tom. Had he been using TSS, there would have been no flopping. You can't make this stuff up.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoor...145929249.html
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 PM
turkeykirk's Avatar
turkeykirk turkeykirk is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: middle GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Hopefully no serious injuries. Here's a more detailed article. The younger brother and his accomplice were both shot in the face by the older brother. The younger brother and his buddy were fanning the older brother who was fanning the other two and they low crawled to each other. In other words, Dueling Fanjoes. It gets better. When the older brother shot his brother and buddy, both of them were rolling around and the older brother triumphantly ran over to what he thought was a flopping Tom. Had he been using TSS, there would have been no flopping. You can't make this stuff up.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoor...145929249.html
Read in that article where the game warden said he checked several hunters and most of them were carrying turkey fans. Guess that tactic is the wave of turkey hunting in the future.
__________________
"The significant problems we are facing cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old Today, 12:08 PM
bfriendly's Avatar
bfriendly bfriendly is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Acworth, GA
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

X a bunch on knowing what you are shooting at.

WOW.........I am amazed how people shoot things they have not properly identified.
__________________
Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? Become President and Make America Great Again! That's what!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Today, 12:54 PM
chase870's Avatar
chase870 chase870 is offline
Possum Sox
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Winder Ga.
iTrader: (5) Check/Add Feedback
Default

If a hunter has to fan and use decoys to outsmart and kill turkeys he should stop hunting them. Anything other than a call and his skill is cheating the bird. All the extra stuff to increase his odds is a direct reflection of the hunter and his lack of skill.
__________________
KILL THE SLOW ONES
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Today, 01:23 PM
kmckinnie's Avatar
kmckinnie kmckinnie is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quitman Co. Ga.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

[quote=chase870;10697877]If a hunter has to fan and use decoys to outsmart and kill turkeys he should stop hunting them. Anything other than a call and his skill is cheating the bird. All the extra stuff to increase his odds is a direct reflection of the hunter and his lack of skill.[/QUOTE


And u said u wouldn't tell on me.
No. I'm going to keep on hunting them.
__________________
Howdy!!
I'm the VP of the useles Billy Club....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Today, 01:26 PM
Nicodemus's Avatar
Nicodemus Nicodemus is offline
FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GOD`S Country
iTrader: (10) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Are the so called "ethics" of today`s young hunter better than they were of hunters 50 years ago? How about 150 years ago? Or 300 years ago? How would they compare? Who sets the standards for the ethics of turkey hunting, or the hunting of any and all species of game?

And the most important thing, who is the self important individual (in his own mind maybe) who has the right to judge other hunters and their own ethics, and say what is the right way and the wrong way to hunt?

__________________
A single shot rifle and the memory of a 3 toe`d dog.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Today, 01:52 PM
lampern lampern is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: North Carolina
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/n...2203883e5.html

An article exploring the practice.

I wonder if the Kansas hunter was using tss?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Today, 02:30 PM
Muldoon's Avatar
Muldoon Muldoon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Backside of nowhere
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

There's a dummy born every ten seconds!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Today, 02:31 PM
Water Swat's Avatar
Water Swat Water Swat is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Gerogia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
Are the so called "ethics" of today`s young hunter better than they were of hunters 50 years ago? How about 150 years ago? Or 300 years ago? How would they compare? Who sets the standards for the ethics of turkey hunting, or the hunting of any and all species of game?

And the most important thing, who is the self important individual (in his own mind maybe) who has the right to judge other hunters and their own ethics, and say what is the right way and the wrong way to hunt?


Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Today, 04:03 PM
Muldoon's Avatar
Muldoon Muldoon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Backside of nowhere
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default Who sets the 'standards'?

Mr Commonsense!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger