; security guard didnt engage - Page 3 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Political Forum

Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert28 View Post
If a civilian with a concealed carry permit had been walking/jogging by and heard the gunfire and ran in to stop the shooter, he would have been charged with having a gun on school grounds, firing a gun on school grounds, potentially murder for shooting the shooter in the back, etc. Basically hauled away in the paddy wagon for his troubles. That’s how screwed up our society is.
More likely, he would have stood a good chance of being shot by the responding officers. That's what I was told by the LEOs when I went through ALICE (active shooter response) training at my workplace.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:07 PM

"His annual salary in 2016 was $75,673.72, according to sheriff’s office records, but he made $101,013 that year with overtime and other compensation"

How many LEOs in GA make this kind of money? Even if he didn't engage the shooter he should have entered the building to see what he could.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert28 View Post
Because the CNN “debate” was last night. They couldn’t have blamed everyone they’re blaming if this had come to light sooner.
Ive noticed that CNN have backed off from later yeaterday and are back to more russia russia russia.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
More likely, he would have stood a good chance of being shot by the responding officers. That's what I was told by the LEOs when I went through ALICE (active shooter response) training at my workplace.
Yes, that is very possible, which is another reason I'm not for school staff being armed. I can see where it would be very easy to mistake a good guy for the shooter.
When LEO enters an active shooter situation they're looking for the threat. Good descriptions are not always available, nor do they know if there is more than one bad guy. Well, I guess that would only pertain to the LEO's who would enter....... Still SMH.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:49 PM

Hillbilly, what did you think of the ALICE training?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm402 View Post

How many LEOs in GA make this kind of money? .
Zero. Most of them dont even make half that
Old 02-23-2018, 03:21 PM

Our Department trained " Run to the gun". And that was for every officer. We didn't wait to stack up or for back up.

DEO VINDICE
Old 02-23-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly stalker View Post
Our Department trained " Run to the gun". And that was for every officer. We didn't wait to stack up or for back up.
Same here.

By the way, we North Florida boys don't make near what those South Florida boys make.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngadeerhunter1969 View Post
Zero. Most of them dont even make half that
I know one. He hustles just like non LEO's do.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:26 PM

popo shooting good guys (victims) is a problem, and has happened a number of times.

in several instances, police have responded to events and shot/killed the wrong people.

case in point, a producer for the Tosh.0 show was shot and killed by an officer. the producer was the victim of a multiple stabber/stabbing attack, and was shot BY POLICE along with another victim while running away from the attacker. the producer died and the other victim was not only stabbed, but officer-shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HAND View Post
Yes, that is very possible, which is another reason I'm not for school staff being armed. I can see where it would be very easy to mistake a good guy for the shooter.
When LEO enters an active shooter situation they're looking for the threat. Good descriptions are not always available, nor do they know if there is more than one bad guy. Well, I guess that would only pertain to the LEO's who would enter....... Still SMH.

Last edited by georgia_home; 02-23-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
that's what they tell us as well I go through active shooter training semi annually for the navy the keywords are RUN, HIDE, and FIGHT as last resort and keep your hands raised when LEO shows up so I guess u could be a target if ur in their having a shootout with the shooter but my goal would be take him out quick before they get there and drop it and lay on the floor but might still get shot who knows.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HAND View Post
Hillbilly, what did you think of the ALICE training?
Some of it was solid, some of it was blather. All in all, worth it, but most of what they taught was simple common sense.

I still believe that the best thing to do is get rid of "gun-free-zone" killing fields, and let folks with carry permits carry everywhere. If I was in my office and a shooter came into the building, I would gladly trade all the training, all the police departments in the world, and about anything else you can think of for my Glock that is inside my waistband everywhere else I am at except at work, where it is illegal.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
It has not been widely reported, but Broward's communications system was not up to the task, apparently it is a 25-year old system, an updated system is scheduled to come on line by year end.

At one point, dispatch advises that she does not know where Peterson is - officers were trying to access the video surveillance system. He was not in radio contact.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...221-story.html

Listen to the audio in the following link - the latter part of the audio references the system about to crash from volume.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...222-story.html
Old 02-23-2018, 08:55 PM

Now it's being reported that when Coral Springs police officers arrived there were three more Broward deputies crouched behind their cars.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp hunter View Post
It's a Hard Call to go after an Active Shooter with a Rifle and all you got is a Glock 40, 2 kids at home and a pregnant wife.
I've had did it if I was him but I'm not known for thinking things out sometimes.
We're not hiring Expeditionary Force Marines now a days.
My son is L.E. in this Town. not many Rambo's anymore and I know a bunch of them.
Horse puckey!
2nd Thessalonians 3:10-12
Association of Dime Store Cowboys-Regular, Average Run of the Mill member.