GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire
Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 02:46 PM

You said be honest, so here is my thoughts. You said you don't like renters but IMO this would be like having 4 sets of renters. What about insurance...in a timeshare scenario you will need liability insurance. What about yard maintenance? If I am there to vacation I sure don't want to mow grass or rake leaves.

Have you given a thought about how to keep the place clean inside? The timeshare people won't do it. Without you there to take it out, how do you get rid of the garbage? What about repairs? Will you be close enough to take care of the simple stuff that breaks?

If it were me, I would leave it vacant until I found the right person, someone you can really trust, to rent it.

BTW...sounds like a nice place. From your description you must be near my cousin's place around Panther Falls. Easy access to metro Atlanta, and north Ga, via 985.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:54 PM

Old 12-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub Master View Post
If I'm reading it correctly, you are looking for 3 others to pay $250 a month plus 1/4 of the light bill to be able to use the property for 13 weeks a year. So say $300 a month.
Yes it would be 4 families total. Each family would get 13 weeks a year. With power and insurance it would be right around $300 per month.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyW View Post
You said be honest, so here is my thoughts. You said you don't like renters but IMO this would be like having 4 sets of renters. What about insurance...in a timeshare scenario you will need liability insurance. What about yard maintenance? If I am there to vacation I sure don't want to mow grass or rake leaves.

Have you given a thought about how to keep the place clean inside? The timeshare people won't do it. Without you there to take it out, how do you get rid of the garbage? What about repairs? Will you be close enough to take care of the simple stuff that breaks?

If it were me, I would leave it vacant until I found the right person, someone you can really trust, to rent it.

BTW...sounds like a nice place. From your description you must be near my cousin's place around Panther Falls. Easy access to metro Atlanta, and north Ga, via 985.
Yard maintanence, house cleaning, etc all taken care of. House we are building is 250 yards away.
Renting it out to full time tenemats is pretty much 100% out of question. Ive been a landlord on a couple other properties for last 10+ years.

We donít want to sell because want to pass this house on to kids one day and it has to much sentimental value to us.

So we have narrowed it down to this possibility or vrbo type rental. If we donít rent it out it wonít bother me to let it sit either.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Looks like a great mother in laws house.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 PM

I think you should have several of us forum guys rent your place for a couple weeks during the rut. That would be a blast and we would take good care of your place, of course you would be required to join us.