GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Deer Hunting With Dogs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2015, 10:12 PM
KyDawg's Avatar
KyDawg KyDawg is online now
Bo$$ Mod
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Adairville Ky.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default Merry Christmas dog Hunters

This time of year reminds me of Stewart County 30 years ago and running the dogs from the day after Christmas till New Years eve. I hope all of yall have a fine Christmas and some great chases. I am still begging for a hound hunt down that way. Would like to hear them run one more time.
__________________
"He seemed like a nice old man." Brownceluse
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-25-2015, 10:39 PM
huntinmedic's Avatar
huntinmedic huntinmedic is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: FL
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I'm in Florida but your welcome to come run with me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2016, 01:07 PM
gontaget1 gontaget1 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hatchbend
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Interesting! In Lafayette county FL. i have run them for over 40 years straight, day after Christmas till few days after new years. Hope we have lots of those weeks left!! I agree with the guy who posted before me, if you can make it to Florida we will let you listen to them sing one of the finest songs available!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2016, 10:09 PM
KyDawg's Avatar
KyDawg KyDawg is online now
Bo$$ Mod
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Adairville Ky.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gontaget1 View Post
Interesting! In Lafayette county FL. i have run them for over 40 years straight, day after Christmas till few days after new years. Hope we have lots of those weeks left!! I agree with the guy who posted before me, if you can make it to Florida we will let you listen to them sing one of the finest songs available!!
Thanks guys for the invites and the PM's. Not going to make it this year on count of stupid doctors telling me I got other things I need to do. I do Appreciate yall inviting me and sounds like most dog hunters I know, who are some of the greatest people on this planet. I grew up dog hunting back in the 60's and there has never been a more exciting way to deer hunt than dogging in my opinion. Never forget my first hunt down it Colquitt county when a smart old Buck taught me that I knew nothing about dog hunting. Lots of people think it is an easy way to kill deer, but most of them have never had to shoot a deer in a one second window when he is crossing from one block to the next. They have never hunted deer all day and dogs all night. Never heard someone say they gonna cross at sandy bottom on the CB and run hard over rough roads to beat the hounds if not the deer to the place that is posted, never heard that first howl on a cold morning and wonder which way the deer is gonna take the dogs. But if I can get down there one more time I am gonna enjoy just hearing the dogs and hope the wind aint blowing too hard. Thanks guys down at the Duck Roost and the others that have PMed me an invite. I am gonna show up one day.
__________________
"He seemed like a nice old man." Brownceluse
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2016, 12:58 PM
T.P. T.P. is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Carnesville, Ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post
Thanks guys for the invites and the PM's. Not going to make it this year on count of stupid doctors telling me I got other things I need to do. I do Appreciate yall inviting me and sounds like most dog hunters I know, who are some of the greatest people on this planet. I grew up dog hunting back in the 60's and there has never been a more exciting way to deer hunt than dogging in my opinion. Never forget my first hunt down it Colquitt county when a smart old Buck taught me that I knew nothing about dog hunting. Lots of people think it is an easy way to kill deer, but most of them have never had to shoot a deer in a one second window when he is crossing from one block to the next. They have never hunted deer all day and dogs all night. Never heard someone say they gonna cross at sandy bottom on the CB and run hard over rough roads to beat the hounds if not the deer to the place that is posted, never heard that first howl on a cold morning and wonder which way the deer is gonna take the dogs. But if I can get down there one more time I am gonna enjoy just hearing the dogs and hope the wind aint blowing too hard. Thanks guys down at the Duck Roost and the others that have PMed me an invite. I am gonna show up one day.
Pick me up on your way down!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Jeff C.'s Avatar
Jeff C. Jeff C. is offline
Chief
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: southside of here and there
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post
Thanks guys for the invites and the PM's. Not going to make it this year on count of stupid doctors telling me I got other things I need to do. I do Appreciate yall inviting me and sounds like most dog hunters I know, who are some of the greatest people on this planet. I grew up dog hunting back in the 60's and there has never been a more exciting way to deer hunt than dogging in my opinion. Never forget my first hunt down it Colquitt county when a smart old Buck taught me that I knew nothing about dog hunting. Lots of people think it is an easy way to kill deer, but most of them have never had to shoot a deer in a one second window when he is crossing from one block to the next. They have never hunted deer all day and dogs all night. Never heard someone say they gonna cross at sandy bottom on the CB and run hard over rough roads to beat the hounds if not the deer to the place that is posted, never heard that first howl on a cold morning and wonder which way the deer is gonna take the dogs. But if I can get down there one more time I am gonna enjoy just hearing the dogs and hope the wind aint blowing too hard. Thanks guys down at the Duck Roost and the others that have PMed me an invite. I am gonna show up one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
Pick me up on your way down!
Make room for one more!
__________________
~ Trick#1......Looketh over there ~------------------------------------------>
<-------Trick #2
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:50 PM
epittman epittman is online now
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: live oak, florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

come on down I live in Live Oak, FL. you can ride with me
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 PM
KyDawg's Avatar
KyDawg KyDawg is online now
Bo$$ Mod
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Adairville Ky.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epittman View Post
come on down I live in Live Oak, FL. you can ride with me
Might take you up on that. I like that drive down Hwy 90. Thanks.
__________________
"He seemed like a nice old man." Brownceluse
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-02-2016, 09:01 AM
epittman epittman is online now
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: live oak, florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post
Might take you up on that. I like that drive down Hwy 90. Thanks.
I run in Osceola National Forest just let me know
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger