Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Fly Fishing

Old 02-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailfreak View Post
Just don't sleep in a hammock
I don't do bear burritos. Now them other two fellers talking about this trip-they might as well pour hot sauce and cheese on themselves before they go to bed.......

You oughta go on this one. It's a family tradition. We can fish up Sugar Fork and share a fishin' pole.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Sounds really good to me. I have actually never wet a line in Certain Creek if it's the one I think you're talking about, but it was one of my dad and uncles's favorites.

We need to make another trip back to that other place, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
I don't do bear burritos. Now them other two fellers talking about this trip-they might as well pour hot sauce and cheese on themselves before they go to bed.......

You oughta go on this one. It's a family tradition. We can fish up Sugar Fork and share a fishin' pole.
Now Pap and your Uncle Charlie would get a kick out of that. That would be a good trip, let me know when y'all are going and I'll try to swing it. If not, I'll at least come fish for a day or two. My wife and I are going in early June and camp at Proctor just below the Calhoun House for 3 or 4 days. Proctor sure beats hauling a bunch of gear to BV, and I can still be at any trib I want with a few hrs of easy walking.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Now Pap and your Uncle Charlie would get a kick out of that. That would be a good trip, let me know when y'all are going and I'll try to swing it. If not, I'll at least come fish for a day or two. My wife and I are going in early June and camp at Proctor just below the Calhoun House for 3 or 4 days. Proctor sure beats hauling a bunch of gear to BV, and I can still be at any trib I want with a few hrs of easy walking.
I bet the fines for having a hundred +/- specks are a good bit more than they were back then, though,
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 PM

If we go, whitetail freak has to go with us no doubt. I wonder if i could leave my boat at the mouth of the creek for a couple days? Or would it be smarter to pay for shuttle boat?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mtn man View Post
If we go, whitetail freak has to go with us no doubt. I wonder if i could leave my boat at the mouth of the creek for a couple days? Or would it be smarter to pay for shuttle boat?
Don't pay for a shuttle, Fontana is proud of those trips. I'll get you a ride whether I get to go or not. My dad lives 5 miles from the Cable Cove ramp.The only down side, is in case of emergency, you're stuck. There's nothing wrong with tying up at the mouth, we do it all the time. I've never had so much as a coke cola go missing, and by Spring the lake shouldn't be fluctuating a whole lot. I've got several out of state turkey hunts lined up this Spring, but maybe the dates will work out. I'd enjoy sharing some of the history of the area with folks that can appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Don't pay for a shuttle, Fontana is proud of those trips. I'll get you a ride whether I get to go or not. My dad lives 5 miles from the Cable Cove ramp.The only down side, is in case of emergency, you're stuck. There's nothing wrong with tying up at the mouth, we do it all the time. I've never had so much as a coke cola go missing, and by Spring the lake shouldn't be fluctuating a whole lot. I've got several out of state turkey hunts lined up this Spring, but maybe the dates will work out. I'd enjoy sharing some of the history of the area with folks that can appreciate it.
Sounds good to me.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Kyle View Post
Thanks so much DHD. This year, I hope you and Buckman have resolved to planning your trips a week in advance rather than the day prior. It is a miracle that I still am yet to meet you? Buckman will text me like 6:00 p.m. one day, and be like "hey, DHD and I are going to hit the creek at 6:00 a.m tomorrow.....you down?!"
It's getting ridiculous. The next time you're in town, I had better be given advance notice!!!! I'm ready and willing to teach you and Buckman how to fish.
Sounds like a plan!🎣
Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 PM

I used to fish a couple of creeks that were a boat ride across Fontana. I loved one of them and used to go yearly. The last trip in we had a flood hit and we nearly lost our lives back in there. I haven't been back but would love to try it again.