Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Sports Talk

Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownceluse View Post
Yes I do know. I have been very close to a couple recruits getting recruited by both schools. My sons trainer, trains about 2 or 3 D1 recruits every year. Although my son isn't one of them... I could tell you a lot of stories.

I'm not going to argue about coaches look at the Saban coaching tree. Saban recruits Bama. Google Jake Fromms story about Bama and Saban recruiting him. It's all about Saban on visits not the position coach. The coaching turnover at Bama is crazy but we all know why. But quit trying to make excuses for this class. Saban got out recruited by one of his former students. The state of Ga is not a buffet of recruits for Saban or other coaches anymore. It's Kirbys.
Wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

One year proves nothing, anyone knows that. We had the #1 recruiting class 7 years in a row, it was bound to end sometimes, nothing lasts forever.

Yes, I know about Fromm, I live in the same town and everyone in Warner Robins knows about Jake Fromm. Never met the kid, but folks I know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to Bama up till a few days before signing day, both CNS and CKS visited him at HOCO on the same day. Fromm decommitted from Bama. From what I read, both of his parents attended UGA, both were involved in athletics, I forget how. My understanding is that Jake wanted to go to UGA but had not been offered until Kirby came along.

So, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at Bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of Bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from Bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but I don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

BTW, Kirby is respected by Bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards I visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several UGA fans on this board running Kirby into the ground when he was at Bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is God.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley do-wrong View Post
wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

One year proves nothing, anyone knows that. We had the #1 recruiting class 7 years in a row, it was bound to end sometimes, nothing lasts forever.

Yes, i know about fromm, i live in the same town and everyone in warner robins knows about jake fromm. Never met the kid, but folks i know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to bama up till a few days before signing day, both cns and cks visited him at hoco on the same day. Fromm decommitted from bama. From what i read, both of his parents attended uga, both were involved in athletics, i forget how. my understanding is that jake wanted to go to uga but had not been offered until kirby came along.

so, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but i don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

Btw, kirby is respected by bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards i visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several uga fans on this board running kirby into the ground when he was at bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is god.
wow!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Admin

Quote:
I also think Kirby is the most Saban like of all of Saban's former coaches.
I think CKS is more intense than Satan.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Bo$$ Mod

I do not think UGA is where Bama is yet, but I truly believe we are closing the gap slowly but surely.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

I heard Saban was so mad at where they finished in recruiting, he went and chewed out Kiffen again.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley Do-Wrong View Post
Wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

Yes, I know about Fromm, I live in the same town and everyone in Warner Robins knows about Jake Fromm. Never met the kid, but folks I know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to Bama up till a few days before signing day, both CNS and CKS visited him at HOCO on the same day. Fromm decommitted from Bama. From what I read, both of his parents attended UGA, both were involved in athletics, I forget how. My understanding is that Jake wanted to go to UGA but had not been offered until Kirby came along.

So, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at Bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of Bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from Bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but I don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

BTW, Kirby is respected by Bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards I visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several UGA fans on this board running Kirby into the ground when he was at Bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is God.
As for Fromm he was offered but Shotty blew it on his visit thatís why he committed to Bama. Go back and look at my post about Kirby and let me know if I was of these UGA fans your referring to sir. As far as the Saban coaching tree no need to explain just look around college fb. So try to spin how you see fit I think Iíve proved my point. Carry on
Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
I think CKS is more intense than Satan.
He may very well be. What we do know is he has built a recruiting wall around the state of Ga...
Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonRangers View Post
wow!
Donít let him draw you in. But UGA did blow it thatís why he committed to Bama. They threw offers out after Watson.... But,,,
Old 02-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Official GON Forum Meme Poster

How the mighty Bammers have fallen.. Won the National Championship and I do believe it will be their last for a while.. Saban is getting old and he's losing his motivation.. He should retire and up his Fiber intake..
Old 02-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Bo$$ Mod

I do not think, I have heard a lot of Dawgs running down CKS while he was Alabama, but what I did hear was a lot them saying we should go after him.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post
I get tickled with Other fan bases trying to justify their recruiting, when the Dawgs and CKS has completely waxed every team in Nation this year, it ain't even close to being close. UT trying to prop up their class, is comical. Get used to it. We ain't going away. Read em and weep.
Look how many recruiting analysts were stunned at what CWT did for FSU in just a few days!
Taggart took FSU's train wreck, ranked 70 by some outlets to nine. CKS has done an amazing job, no doubt! But he's not the only coach out there getting incredible results!
Remember FSU was awful on the field. Their coach purposefully trashes recruiting the last month he's there, then won't leave. It's gonna be fun to watch Taggart go head to head against the other recruiting masters next year. He does have connections everywhere in Florida. That's going to make it a lot tougher on out of state coaches, as well as on CMR at DaU.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post
I do not think, I have heard a lot of Dawgs running down CKS while he was Alabama, but what I did hear was a lot them saying we should go after him.
This^^^ I have NEVER heard a UGA fan down Kirby. Muschamp maybe, but not Kirby.

Sometimes it takes a bigger hammer on the dull nails.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
He may very well be. What we do know is he has built a recruiting wall around the state of Ga...
Within the next 2 years we will have 4 and 5*'s two and three deep at every position. I'm not a big fan of * rankings because some kids just can't git r dun at the college level and some coaches can't coach but I'm pretty sure CKS has proven he can coach and he put us in the NCCG his second year on the job.

Some would say that's luck and he's just a flash in the pan but I don't think so. He brings that D back intensity to the field, he has the eye of the tiger and like Churchill he is "Easily satisfied with the very best" and if you're going to play for him you have to bring your very best every day. he cuts no slack for anybody.

I'll let the homers talk the smack. I'll just stand on Smart's record and let it do all the smack talking.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:11 PM

After all the sports reports I saw & heard, I knew it was a good UGA signing day. Then, it finally sunk in deeper after hearing a recent sports newscaster summarize it better for me to realize it was such a great UGA signing day making historical records.

1st time UGA had the #1 recruiting signing day.

UGA signed 7 players with 5-star rating when the best Bama's Saban had was 6 players with a 5-star rating.

Interesting hearing Kirby say he was more happy about the quality of the players UGA signed instead of the media's higher priority interests in rankings of the players. I still expect Kirby was blowing smoke & that it was a mixed combination of both that was more important to him.

Hope none change their minds before arriving at UGA.

Last edited by BornToHuntAndFish; 02-13-2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: correct spelling & missing word
Old 02-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHuntAndFish View Post
After all the sports reports I saw & heard, I knew it was a good UGA signing day. Then, it finally sunk in deeper after hearing a recent sports newscaster summarize it better for me to realize it was such a great UGA signing day making historical records.

1st time UGA had the #1 recruiting signing day.

UGA signed 7 players with 5-star rating when the best Bama's Saban had was 6 players with a 5-star rating.

Interesting hearing Kirby say he was more happy about the quality of the players UGA signed instead of the media's higher priority interests rankings of the players. I still expect Kirby was blowing spoke & that it was a mixed combination of both that was more important to him.

Hope none change their minds before arriving at UGA.
CKS is only 42 years old.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post

CKS is only 42 years old.
Not sure if I can handle 20+ or more years of great seasons & great recruiting, but of course I'm looking forward to it.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 PM

Sucks for Bammers knowing Saban is on his last leg..
Old 02-13-2018, 10:46 PM

Go DAWGS bringing all the fan bases outta the woodwork!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM

I like that UGA went out and got both types of WR's. They got Kearis Jackson, who is the super quick guy with speed and they got the big 6'5" WR Tommy Bush who has a 36 inch vertical and runs a 4.4 40. That will give UGA 2 6'5" guys in him and Landers, who was a scout team star in his red-shirt year in 2017. The OL is the part that excites me more than anything. Salyer has all-SEC talent the first day at practice. He will make UGA's interior defensive lineman better by having to face him in practice. Cade Mays should push Isaiah Wilson at RT, 5 star vs 5 star.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 PM

Good lord. The Dogs go to 1 Natty and now everybody better get ready for 30 yrs of dominance....
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotandStalk View Post
Good lord. The Dogs go to 1 Natty and now everybody better get ready for 30 yrs of dominance....
At least the next 3-4 years for sure......
Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotandStalk View Post
Get back to us when FSU is relevant again..
Old 02-14-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
As for Fromm he was offered but Shotty blew it on his visit thatís why he committed to Bama. Go back and look at my post about Kirby and let me know if I was of these UGA fans your referring to sir. As far as the Saban coaching tree no need to explain just look around college fb. So try to spin how you see fit I think Iíve proved my point. Carry on
Well, not according to dawgnation.com and the Fromm family. Carry on

BTW, Google can be your friend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daw...lipped-uga/amp
Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browning Slayer View Post
Sucks for Bammers knowing Saban is on his last leg..
Yeah, it sux winning 5 Natty's in 9 years, so bad I want to crawl under a rock and die.

I remember when Saban came to Bama, every one of you psychics predicted he would be gone in 2 years, how did that work out?

Here's my prediction, Saban win 2 more Natty's at Bama before he retires.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley Do-Wrong View Post
Yeah, it sux winning 5 Natty's in 9 years, so bad I want to crawl under a rock and die.

I remember when Saban came to Bama, every one of you psychics predicted he would be gone in 2 years, how did that work out?

Here's my prediction, Saban win 2 more Natty's at Bama before he retires.
The past Natty was his last.. He's losing his edge and fast! Not to mention he lost his #1 recruiter and it's showing..

I'll make a prediction.. Kirby thumps him in recruiting again next year!