GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Deer Hunting

Old 11-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Default Deer missing

I have killed a pretty good buck this year but I have never seen not seeing deer so bad. Food plots looks great but no deer feeding in them. I pulled cards on 3 cameras and had very few pictures and not one deer in day time. I have walked on management area and could't find an acorn no where close by. Food plots have Oats,Bruzzi, clover and trophy radishes are 8 to 10" high
The last 10 or 12 years I rarely went to the stand and didn't see 5 or 6 sometimes 10 to 12. I have moved around hunted thick you name it I have hunted it. This has happened in Rockdale and Jasper next to management area.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:54 PM

How many does have y'all been killing?
Old 11-18-2017, 07:26 PM

Same thing here but its been like that for years. Kill more does they say, but they don't say when to quit.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:42 PM

Jasper county I have never or has anyone else killed a doe on my place in 11 years. They kill every deer they see on management area so that probably solves that problem. Rockdale honestly 3 of us hunt it and 1 bow only. I personally have not killed but 1 buck there in 3 years and I really can't tell you when the last time I killed a doe anywhere.
I hunt way more than most people and don't have to see a deer every time but sure does help. Food plot attached.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 AM

I've hunted 13 hunts and seen deer all but 2 hunts. 40 or so deer,8-9 different bucks. The rest does and fawns. We have a good crop of youngins on our club. All from the same stand. This is a 3000 acre club in Johnson county. Last year I hunted this same stand a lot and saw about what your seeing this year. I hope your luck changes for the good