GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Handgun Hunting

Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM

Sig P238 with tritium fiber optics in the front pocket. Hot 380s are much better ammo than they used to be. A Browning black label 1911 is nice if you get the night site edition but you can't get tritium fiber optics for it and I won't carry a pistol without them.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvick View Post
Sig P238 with tritium fiber optics in the front pocket. Hot 380s are much better ammo than they used to be. A Browning black label 1911 is nice if you get the night site edition but you can't get tritium fiber optics for it and I won't carry a pistol without them.

I have heard about those P238 pistols for a few years now. I've never heard a complaint by their owners.

I thought it may be nice to add another weapon that I could easily pocket carry instead of the S&W 442 Airweight that I've used for years.

Went to the range to rent one.....they had the P938 9mm for a rental gun and I gave it a try. I also had my G43 along on that day, too.

I was very surprised to see that I shot that P938 as good if not better than the G43 that I've shot hundreds of rounds through. It was a very impressive little gun.

I liked the sight picture as it exactly matches my P226's....same sights, in fact.

I like the front strap checkering.

I wasn't so hot on the flush fit 6 round magazines.

I ordered one and finally took it on it's first range trip earlier this week.

7 yard targets. Three 7-round magazines fired in each target. You can see the nice tight cluster of the first magazine's rounds in the upper portion of this first target.

Second three magazines...picked up the pace significantly.

Third three magazines....Also faster paced...as soon as front sight comes back down...BOOM.

Transitioned to full size P226 which is one I highly recommend for full sized carry. I'm waiting on a holster to arrive in a week or so and this one will be used a lot more.

18 round magazine from this one, also at 7yds.

That P226 feels like a Cadillac in hand. Smooth shooter. As a 1911 & Glock guy.....I'm getting better with the DA/SA transition on this one. I'll be installing an SRT kit in later next week, I hope. It'll be interesting to see how it runs.

The pocket holster I'm using for the P938 is a Desantis SuperFly. It is very similar to the Nemesis I use for the 442, but it also has a velcro attached backing cover than can be moved all over to break up the printing in your pocket. It's a versatile little holster.

Huge difference in capability at ranges beyond swinging range in these two guns. The sights and trigger make a difference at extended ranges. I've missed snake with my 442, lol. Maybe I'll pick off the angry moccasins with the P938 now.

UPDATE: Should add that both of these pass the "drawstring gym pants" pocket carry test with ease.

Last edited by Dub; 05-13-2017 at 12:36 PM.