GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Deer Hunting

Old 09-16-2017, 09:18 PM

On Public land it's not controlled so you never know what is gonna happen. Peoplwalk in on you or stand get stolen . to much work imo. Climber everytine on public.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:05 PM
Gator Hunter

There have been a lot of opinions and idea's given and good reasons for both. At home I will chose a lock-on every time. My climber is for public land. To me, it's a lot more work and noisier climbing the tree with a climber than climbing sticks to a lock-on. It's also a lot more work for me to try and hang a lock-on by myself so once I get it there I'd like to leave it there. On public land you never know what is going to happen from one hunt to the next and I like to be mobile. I've even taken 3 climbers before so I didn't have to move a climber in order to hunt another area.

I like what Bowdawg said about the Lone Wolf system. I can't afford any more hunting gear right now but that is definitely something I would be interested in for public land.

Another thing I saw mentioned was when and for how long you can hang a stand. The regulations state that on big game and feral hog hunts stands may not be placed any sooner than the day prior to the hunt. They must be removed by 12 noon on the day following the hunt.