GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Political Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM

It's theoretically possible "they" elected to pay in withholdings of $8000 more than they owed, so they are getting it back as a refund. But I would say not very likely.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Raines View Post
Skin color has nothing to do with it.

Friends of mine(white couple)married with 4 kids,still live with his mother in her house.He works,wife doesn't,just got approved for $700 a month food stamps and they are getting back over $8000 refund.
Yeah all the pieces of garbage I know are local white people.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
This topic gets the steam blowing out of my ears quicker than just about anything else beside animal abuse.

My wife and I have been waiting for several years before trying to have kids because we pay about $5k/yr in health insurance and still have a high deductible and copays on a group policy. To cover that we have saved a certain amount in the bank, on top of paying on time on our first home's 15yr mortgage, and carrying no consumer debt.

At the same time I know LOTS of people our age who are having babies left and right, have zero savings, feed the babies with EBT, had them delivered with Peachcare (or some free health program), and STILL WILL GET MONEY BACK FROM THE IRS WHICH THEY WILL USE TO BUY A NEW $2000 FLAT SCREEN TV.
Then what I'm about to post will require you to get medicated.

I 'know a family' who gets gov't benefits...you know, EBT, disability (husband) with 4 kids. The wife cleans houses for cash. She averages about $600-$700 a week, tax free, SS free, etc. The husband (on disability mind you) ALSO works for cash. He's been a contractor his entire life. He does side jobs for people all the time, builds decks, remodels, etc. when he feels like making enough to support his 'habits'.

So the wife asks just ONE of her house cleaning clients for a 1099....and fills it out with the amount she made just from that one client. So they file and receive a $7000 tax gift from all of us who work legitimately.

And before anyone asks, YES they have been reported....a couple of times that I'm aware of. Nothing has ever been done as far as I know. I guess the gov't doesn't care???
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM

^^^ THIS is what our IRS agents need to be working on..not how to get more $$$ out of the working bloke like most of us. And I could care less what your skin color is...if you are "working the system" and the rest of us are paying for it, I would LOVE to see you do jail time. OP..fwiw..I know people who pay >$100K PER YEAR in just Fed. Income Taxes...talk about "fair".
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Blackburn View Post
Some taxpayers take advantage of individual income tax credits to include: Child and Dependent Care Credit - maximum credit of $3000 per child/dependent; Child Tax Credit - $1,000 tax credit per child; Earned Income Credit - amount varies on taxpayers income and whether a child is in the household; and the Education Credits (for college tuition, books, etc).

Taking advantage of one or more of the credits can result in a federal income tax refund that exceeds the amount of federal income tax withheld or paid during the year.
I don't get close to that for my two rug rats.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM

This is just a distraction. The poor can't compete when it comes to gaming the system.