GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Leases and Land Management and Gardening > Land For Lease - All other states outside of Georgia
Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Default 1100 Acres SW Iowa lease available. One continuous piece.

Hey guys, new here. A buddy told me I should post this over here.

Heres the deal:
I have a 1092 acre piece of property that I am wanting to lease. . . First and foremost, price is $8/acre. Will be a year lease from date signed. All species allowed for hunting and fishing. Liability insurance included. Can be used for archery, shotgun, or Muzz.

A little bit about the property. It is a mix of somewhat rolling land(as SW IA land can be). Loaded with pinch points, saddles, and travel corridors. I have had the property for 2 years, and bow hunted it for 3 months straight this last fall(2016). I passed over 40 different bucks. A lot of bucks in the 140's range, and several in the mid 150's range at less than 10 yards. I had an encounter on the ground with a 180+ at 30 yards, but I had a decoy in my arm, and bow strapped to my pack. There is not a TON of timber on the property, but a neighboring property is over 600 acres of just timber. These deer travel through the property to get to food on the other end. A large number of deer live on this property. I had sits this fall where I saw 40-50 deer in a matter of a morning hunt until 10am.

The way it is situated, it is fenced(low fence), and way out in the country. no houses of towns within 5-10 miles, and the ones that are, are very small farming towns. It is in Guthrie County, Zone 4. Neighbor has pictures of a buck that would have been over 200" typical last year. Never heard of anyone shooting him. . . Very few landowners around, and all are good at patrolling the area, and watching out for each other. I have been questioned myself while coming off the property by a gate by a neighbor I had not met. All worked out, since I am allowed to be there.

There are probably somewhere between 8-12 ponds on the property. They hold birds and are great fishing. Four wheeler is a must to get to some locations(truck will work if it is dry). One maintained road leading to the property. Cattle are run on the property from may-October. I have never had an issue with cattle on this property. They rotate pastures, and by the time October comes around, they are up front where no timber exists. . . The majority of the property cannot be seen from any road(maintained or unmaintained) because of hills.

I have 3 years left on the lease. Im offering it at the same price that I pay. At the end of the day, Im still responsible for payment, so if someone wishes to lease it, There will be a small contract just to make sure everything is legit. .

If someone wants to lease it for them and their group, I will not hunt it, or step foot on it unless you request I come to assist you with something. Landowner is very open to leasee's putting in food plots, with their approval. I have spoken with him, and he is very open, just wants to be informed. Very nice family, and they do not hunt it.

Reason I am trying to lease it is because I just sold my house, and moved. Its going to be a long drive for me to hunt it. . . . . .IF it doesnt lease, I will continue to hunt it. Its an amazing property, and I hate to give it up, but I need to find something closer to home. I was on the property shed hunting 2 weeks ago. Didnt find any, but saw 8 different bucks still holding both sides. Only spent a few hours out there, and once I saw those bucks still holding, I figured I would wait until March/April

Serious inquires only. I will post a few cam pictures below. Keep in mind, I run 20+ cameras on this property, so this is just a small sample.

If interested, my best contact is by email. . . that is michael.maceach@yahoo.com.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 AM

This may be the sweetest lease I've ever seen on GON.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:33 AM

What zone is it located in and how easy or difficult would it be for a non-resident to draw a tag for the area, i.e. would I need a few years of preference points or could I be drawn in my first attempt?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Default Member

Would you entertain letting someone pay to hunt with you if they can get drawn? I have two preference points and my friend has three.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Default Easier with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdw633 View Post
What zone is it located in and how easy or difficult would it be for a non-resident to draw a tag for the area, i.e. would I need a few years of preference points or could I be drawn in my first attempt?
Statisticly it's a lot easier to draw a tag with a gun /Muzzleloader than an archery tag. This is really the deal of a lifetime for somebody with a shotgun or Muzzloader and most likly get a tag the first season.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:39 PM

On my phone, at work, so keeping this short. Its the northern part of zone 4. Shotgun/muzz tags are easy to draw. A lot of people draw on their first attempt, and its all but a guarantee with 1 pref pt. Bow is a different story. 3-4 years to draw a bow tag. Im not interested in leasing for only one season, or doing a short term deal. If i lease it, it will be on a yearly basis. 1,2, or 3 year term. Lease period is june 1-june 1, with payment due May 1. Full access year round to the property. If it doesnt lease, I will still have it, and hunt it myself.
Can have up to 10 people max on the property.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 PM

I can cover 2 spots if anyone else out there is pulling in Iowa this yr.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:41 PM

I would possibly be interested if we can get a group together. I got points but I wasn't planning on Iowa this yr. now this has me thinking.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:57 PM

I'll have 4 pts this year...wouldn't mind doing a 4 or 5 man group to bow lease.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
useless thread starter

careful people. please post the land owners info and contact info.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 PM

Lol I'm sure the landowner would love that info posted
Old 03-07-2017, 07:21 PM
useless thread starter

that's $20 per acre land. just sayin'
Old 03-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Firat, I will not post any information about the landowner. I have an exclusive lease on this property through Farmers National. I have 3 years left on the lease. I have been in contact with the owners, as well as farmers national, and they are perfectly fine with me sub leasing it. Whoever decides to lease it will sign a contract with me, to cover my butt, and make sure I get paid. At the end of the day, my name is primary on the lease, so i am responsible for payment.

If someone leases it, I will not step foot on the property for any reason, unless requested by leasee for assistance with advice or help.

If someone leases it, I will get all names of those who will be hunting or accessing the property. I send that to Farmers National, and you are then covered with full liability insurance.

I currently pay $8/acre. Im asking the same price. Im not trying to make money on it. I negotiated this deal down feom $14/acre that they originally asked.

Anyways, in no way will I ever give out the landowners personal information. If someone is dead serious about this, PM me, and I will give you my phone number. We can diacuss the property, and hunting. I love to talk hunting.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 PM

And apologize about my grammar. Phone typing isnt ideal for me, and im not home from work yet.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrangedave View Post
that's $20 per acre land. just sayin'

No where near $20/acre. I lease mire than just this, and know a lot of land around iowa, as I live here. All over zones 3 and 4. I would never pay over $10/acre.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Amazing deal.

I am already locked in for lodging and hunting in Illinois this fall.

If I am reading it correctly, $8800 / 5 = less than $1800 each.

I would be MORE than willing to work with a group for two year deal. 5 guys hunt 2017 and 5 guys hunt 2018 (I would have to be 2018).

I have 4 points and pretty sure I can draw now but will pick up another point this year just to be sure.

I can't see this deal lasting long.....

What I will not do, however, is join without a tour or scout trip and verifiable ownership and knowledge of future access.

No insult hidden in there - just common sense.

Great looking farm!!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 AM

I would be very interested in this. Wish I had more points now.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boyd View Post
Amazing deal.

I am already locked in for lodging and hunting in Illinois this fall.

If I am reading it correctly, $8800 / 5 = less than $1800 each.

I would be MORE than willing to work with a group for two year deal. 5 guys hunt 2017 and 5 guys hunt 2018 (I would have to be 2018).

I have 4 points and pretty sure I can draw now but will pick up another point this year just to be sure.

I can't see this deal lasting long.....

What I will not do, however, is join without a tour or scout trip and verifiable ownership and knowledge of future access.

No insult hidden in there - just common sense.

Great looking farm!!!!
Jim I have 3 points and would also be interested, I'm booked for 2017 but can do 2018.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
This may be the sweetest lease I've ever seen on GON.
Gotta agree..... that's a good looking spot. Only thing that hurts is the availability tags.

Sometimes it takes a bigger hammer on the dull nails.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Im more than willing to walk/show the property to someone that is interested. I can also show you my original lease with my name, and the landowners name. I can provide the emails with farmers national verifying that they are ok with me sub leasing it. If someone leases it, i will then introduce you to the landowner.
Everything is fully legit, and i have plenty of paper trails to back me up. I wont be introducing every random person who is interested to the landowner. That would waste a lot if his time. As i said, once someone leases it, THEN i would be happy to introduce them.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:03 PM

To add on a bit....i will have a contract written up between myself, and whoever leases it. Doesnt matter how many are in your group(up to the max number of 10), but the person who takes charge of the group would sign the contract with me. Then, its on that person to collect money from the rest of the group. Im not going to make 10 contracts, and have to track down everyone individually for money.

Basically, money is due by a certain date. Doesnt matter whether 1 person pays it, then collects from their group, or collects and then pays me. As I said, at the end of the day, im still responsible for the full price, so the contract between me and the group leader makes sure I get paid.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:06 PM

As well, ill be out there this weekend, and several weekends throughout the spring to shed hunt and scout. This weekend wont work, but for someone interested, invite is open to come out with me for a day. Show you the property, maybe find some sheds, and give you my insight on different areas of the farm, and how the deer travel.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:59 PM

I will agree to act as point and handle the contract and the money if we can get the folks to agree to a contract for two years.

5 bow hunters 2017 and 5 bow hunters 2018.

We ask for a 2 year contract, 5 guys pay this year (and hunt) and 5 guys pay 2018 (and hunt).

I would ask if we can create a two man team to go inspect the farm and meet with Mike. They fly to Iowa and rent a small car. Our "group" covers the flight, car and motel, the two travelers cover their own food and incidentals (which, incidentally - if I go -includes Corona!!).

I will volunteer to be one of the travelers but I know of several GON folks that I would trust to look at the property in my stead and also to meet with Mike and verify that the deal is legit.

Mike sounds very legit and most of the folks that I have seen get ripped off were booking guided hunts. The land is not gonna disappear and as long as we do get access AND we get sole access, I don't see a huge risk.

I am in as #1 for 2018.

If you want to be in, please list what number you are and for what year.

#1 through 5 for 2017
#2 though 5 for 2018

Please also list what u think about the inspection process I proposed. I estimate these costs at about $150 per member (wild guess).

I can provide multiple references for folks I have leased and hunted with.

Thanks

Jim
Cell 803-479-8975