GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Leases and Land Management and Gardening > Land For Lease - All other states outside of Georgia
Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 06:11 PM

I will also agree to simply be one of the five hunters for 2018 and allow somebody else to be the point man for the contract and also the person who should go inspect the land.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM

mike. Can u give me a call when u have a few minutes. Thanks 404 219 1199. Rance
Old 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM

I'd be in retested in me and another friend leading it for bow rights if a group of gun hunters wanna take the gun season.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rance56 View Post
mike. Can u give me a call when u have a few minutes. Thanks 404 219 1199. Rance
Calling you right now.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boyd View Post
I will agree to act as point and handle the contract and the money if we can get the folks to agree to a contract for two years.

5 bow hunters 2017 and 5 bow hunters 2018.

We ask for a 2 year contract, 5 guys pay this year (and hunt) and 5 guys pay 2018 (and hunt).

I would ask if we can create a two man team to go inspect the farm and meet with Mike. They fly to Iowa and rent a small car. Our "group" covers the flight, car and motel, the two travelers cover their own food and incidentals (which, incidentally - if I go -includes Corona!!).

I will volunteer to be one of the travelers but I know of several GON folks that I would trust to look at the property in my stead and also to meet with Mike and verify that the deal is legit.

Mike sounds very legit and most of the folks that I have seen get ripped off were booking guided hunts. The land is not gonna disappear and as long as we do get access AND we get sole access, I don't see a huge risk.

I am in as #1 for 2018.

If you want to be in, please list what number you are and for what year.

#1 through 5 for 2017
#2 though 5 for 2018

Please also list what u think about the inspection process I proposed. I estimate these costs at about $150 per member (wild guess).

I can provide multiple references for folks I have leased and hunted with.

Thanks

Jim
Cell 803-479-8975

Jim,
I appreciate you taking the lead on this. I will add a couple things in there. . . First of all, Fly into Omaha. It will be the easiest/closest. (Des moines is same distance, but my truck/new house are based near Omaha).

2nd, Depending on when this happens, dont worry about the expense of a car or motel. I have a single cab truck, but would be more than happy to pick up 2 people, and you can sleep at my house. I have a 4x6' aerial map on my wall of the property. I dont have extra beds, as the house is for sale, so it would be floor sleeping, but if its just for 2 nights, it shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Im more than happy to fire up the grill, have some beers, talk hunting, then spend a full day on the property, and do the same again in the evening. That should be plenty of time to get an idea of whats going on, get a feel for the property, and talk deer hunting, and tell stories. Would be a good time. If we were to run into the landowner out there, then I will fully introduce you to him. But as I said before, Im not going to call him to meet every single person that is interested. He would get annoyed really quickly, the amount of people that are interested. If the property gets leased, then I will for sure make it a point to give you the landowners contact information so you can chat with him, and/or meet him. As I said, I have paperwork for my original lease agreement, as well as emails allowing me to sub-lease the land. More than happy to show you these documents when you come out.

PM me if you like, and I will give you my phone number. Just spent a bit on the phone with another member from here. I am always up for talking deer hunting, and talking about the property.

If possible, Id like to try to schedule this meet up in March or early April. Thats ideal for me. Also Shed hunting season, so we may even be able to find some sheds. The sooner, the better. I do have people interested from other websites, and am actually showing it to 1, possibly 2 others this weekend. I am not going to get into a bidding war on it, or anything like that. Its as simple as me wanting to get it leased, as the payment is due May 1 for me. Not a huge deal, but I would rather not drag it on. Plus, the sooner it happens, the sooner you are able to use it. . . .

I will add, as I said originally, lease runs from June 1-June 1. If you do lease it soon, I will allow access starting immediately, instead of waiting until June 1 of this year. That buys you a couple extra months, and would also give you the opportunity to turkey hunt it this spring if you wish.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 PM

I hunted SW Iowa (zone 4) this past fall for the first time and can tell you it is all it's cracked up to be! I will be back in 4 years! I know nothing about this tract of land but can say the area in general is well worth the effort.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Jim, my son and I are #2 and #3 for 2018.
"John 3:16"
Old 03-09-2017, 04:43 PM

Sorry if I missed this but what is lodging choices in that area?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 PM

Multiple restaurants and motels within 10-15 miles.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Also, there is a location on site that a camper can be placed. It is only allowed during hunting season(i.e, not sitting there all year long). But it is allowed. No electric or water hook ups, but a good spot.

Just throwing it out there, but right now I have 2 groups to show it to this weekend. One tomorrow, and one Monday. Just so you guys are filled in on what is going on. If the group from here gets together, then lets get something rolling soon. I will update after the weekend on whether or not one of these parties takes it, or leaves it.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Good plan, Mike, we will just wait til next week and see what your groups do.

Many thanks!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:16 PM

I'm a possibility for next year and maybe one other guy. We both have 2 points and will get our 3rd this year. Only 13 people drew with 2 points last year.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Well, its down to just one group viewing it this weekend. Was supposed to show it today, but flights got screwed up, so now im in airports all day today. Will have guys checking it out Monday.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:50 AM

Yeah I would be surprised if this property last after the first viewing...fingers crossed.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 PM

#4 in 2018
3 points now
Old 03-11-2017, 02:23 PM

I possibly can fly to do The inspection
Old 03-11-2017, 03:07 PM

started with 2 viewings, then dropped to 1. Back up to 2 now. a couple guys coming out tomorrow to meet me on the property, and a couple guys on Monday. Will update after that. Tomorrows showing depends on weather. We are supposed to get snow, so if that happens, it will change everything.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:59 PM

This property is gone this year, no way those pics and aerial don't sell it. If anyone is interested though, I need some people looking to go this year. I won't lie and say I wouldn't prefer a group of gun hunters to pick up the other half of a lease, but if someone wants to go in on a tract with me and a buddy this year, I'm all ears.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Well, first 2 guys showed up today. We spent about 3 hours touring the property. Saw a ton of deer, and they wrote me a check for earnest money at the end of the tour.

As of now it is leased. I will find out for sure when I make up the contract, but sounds like they may possibly take it for all 3 years. If anything changes, or they decide to cancel, I will update this posting. I will update no matter what.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM

Just sent the paperwork over to them. Will keep updated on here, but as of now, they are going to lease for 1 year. They will get first offer to re-up next year, but it is a possibility they only want it for 1 year.

Ill keep you posted on the status for this year, and the future.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:44 PM

Good job getting it leased, Mike.

We want to hunt, brother - keep us in mind!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boyd View Post
Good job getting it leased, Mike.

We want to hunt, brother - keep us in mind!
No worries. Thanks. Thats why i will continue to update. Until the check clears, and contract is signed, nothing is official.

If something happens they dont want to renew next year, I will know early enough next spring to still put something together on here.
The guys that are leasing are iowa residents. Only 2 of them will be hunting it. They have high standards, so the only reasons I can see then not renewing is because of the distance from where they live, or because there isnt a 180 behind every tree.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:47 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted.
A friend and myself definitely want in next year if nothing happens.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:40 PM

Me and a buddy would be interested in just gun hunting in future years (0 points this year so we wouldn't draw the tag). We would be happy to set something up with the current group if they renew or with a group from this website if the property becomes available.

I've never applied in Iowa before. How much would it cost me to just buy a preference point this year just in case?
Old 03-16-2017, 05:48 PM

$50 if I recall correctly. That is definitely within a few dollars

Good luck.