; ATV vs. 4WD Truck - Page 3 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > General Hunting

Old 02-13-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
Got some friends over in Bama that buy used Suzuki Samurai's and use them around camp. They're about as small as some of the bigger ATV's and they are weather proof and have heat. Will go about anywhere an atv will. Plus a used Samurai is about $4k cheaper than a new ATV.
I've used, Jeep cj7, 4x4 pickups, modified golf carts, 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, and side x sides. I've got an old Suziki Samurai now and it beats them all.

$4000 will buy a nice one and they are dang near bullet proof. Also believe it or not, if you need a part they are cheap, readily available and the thing is as easy to work on as a lawn mower.

I leave mine at my cabin, but I drive it town often.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:15 PM

Nice Samurai Weagle. They are cool little vehicles.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:19 PM

As someone who has owned a jeep wrangler for 8 years and also driven around electric golf carts, four wheelers, and UTV's on the same rutted up muddy roads at our hunt camp, I can tell you the following:

-For up front cost and practicality, a jeep is a great buy
-For comfort, convenience, and ease of maintenance a UTV is worth the cash

I'm currently saving to buy a new truck, sell my jeep, and buy a UTV. When it's really muddy out and the roads are too slick to slow down appropriately when passing over/around deep ruts, the jeep will beat you half to death. The UTV goes around it with no problem. The UTV will also fit on a single bushhog pass wide trail without issue, and when you do have to run over something rough the independent front and rear suspension is a major spine savor.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:59 PM

I have several tracts of land spread out up to 10 miles apart. I use my daily driver 4x4 f150 to get to properties and electric cart to cruise around. Need the 4x4 truck on the dirt roads after heavy rains.
Golf carts need lift kits, at tires and high amp controllers to do the job.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son View Post
I've hunted using swamp buggies, 3/4 ton 4/4's, ATV's and Mid size 4 x 4's. If you don't have deep water, a lifted golf cart will do most anything you want. I've added thin plywood front and back to help protect me from rain, and to help hide me if i want to wrap the cart with camo and use it for a blind. Comfortable, room for all your gear. For a small ice chest for food and drinks and had a roof over your head.
Nice looking carbine in the front seat. I assume it's a Ruger .44 Auto? Don't see many of those anymore.
I've got one with a Aimpoint SC1000 in .44 Mag. And a matching Ruger .22 also.
That little .44 makes a good rifle for a lot of the thick Georgia woods. Nice and light.
Attached Images