GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Gear Review

Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Angry Open letter to Ameristep

To whom it may concern,
I currently own 3 of the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. These were purchased at different times over the past 5 years. With the last one being purchased unused from a member on this forum( GON).
First off, I love the ease of setting the blind up and it's perfect for a long afternoon of sitting.
But, you have got to do SOMETHING about the fiber poles!
I have purchased 6 sets of replacement poles so far, and now find myself needing to order yet another 3 sets. I went to my lease today to move 2 blinds( including the new one) that were placed last week. Both were damaged by the poles breaking at the ceiling and punching through the fabric. This has happened in every instance! The poles always break at the center height cross section, and usually cause damage to the blind.
Please switch to a hub style or spring cross section at the center point of the interior ceiling, or at least give me an alternative to sewing up holes and ordering poles REPEATEDLY!!!
Sincerely, Robert H.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbama3 View Post
To whom it may concern,
I currently own 3 of the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. These were purchased at different times over the past 5 years. With the last one being purchased unused from a member on this forum( GON).
First off, I love the ease of setting the blind up and it's perfect for a long afternoon of sitting.
But, you have got to do SOMETHING about the fiber poles!
I have purchased 6 sets of replacement poles so far, and now find myself needing to order yet another 3 sets. I went to my lease today to move 2 blinds( including the new one) that were placed last week. Both were damaged by the poles breaking at the ceiling and punching through the fabric. This has happened in every instance! The poles always break at the center height cross section, and usually cause damage to the blind.
Please switch to a hub style or spring cross section at the center point of the interior ceiling, or at least give me an alternative to sewing up holes and ordering poles REPEATEDLY!!!
Sincerely, Robert H.
Dear Sir, we at Ameristep Doghouse blinds could give a flip, long as idiots like yourself keep buying them we'll keep sending you a crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ Head of Quality Control.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On Quack View Post
Dear Sir, we at Ameristep Doghouse blinds could give a flip, long as idiots like yourself keep buying them we'll keep sending you a crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ Head of Quality Control.
:r ofl::rof l: PRICELESS
Old 05-12-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Banned

if these poles are the graphite type poles like tents usually use, then leaving them out in the sub too long is most likely the cause of the problem. try placing them in a shady area.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

ive never had that problem, well i might now
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymetalhunter View Post
if these poles are the graphite type poles like tents usually use, then leaving them out in the sub too long is most likely the cause of the problem. try placing them in a shady area.
Pretty sure these are fiberglass poles, but yes, they are very similar to tent poles. I always place them under a tree and brush them in real well with bushy tree limbs. Mainly because the camo seems to have a blue coloration which doesn't look right.
I did receive a response from Ameristep today:
ROBERT WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS ,IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME
THANK YOU AMERISTEP

I think that means appreciate the input, you'll never hear from us.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Pretty sure these are fiberglass poles, but yes, they are very similar to tent poles. I always place them under a tree and brush them in real well with bushy tree limbs. Mainly because the camo seems to have a blue coloration which doesn't look right.
I did receive a response from Ameristep today:
ROBERT WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS ,IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME
THANK YOU AMERISTEP

I think that means appreciate the input, you'll never hear from us.
Actually, I think it means, "Thanks for your money, too bad." It is aggravating going through stuff like that!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 PM

I found that the poles on my doghouse blind where too long. Causing undo stress when put in place on the ceiling of the blind. I there for cut about a half a inch off one pole on each string. Problem solved.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin & Hunting View Post
I found that the poles on my doghouse blind where too long. Causing undo stress when put in place on the ceiling of the blind. I there for cut about a half a inch off one pole on each string. Problem solved.
That makes sense. The top is very rigid when poles are in place. Excellent idea! Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:19 AM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
Quote:
That makes sense. The top is very rigid when poles are in place. Excellent idea! Thanks!
Dear sir, F & H is neither an employee, nor a representative of Ameristep, therefore by cutting blind poles to a length where they will not be tearing the camo blind material will void our non-existant warranty. We seriously urge you not to, in anyway, manipulate length of poles. We spent thousands of dollars in our Product Development Lab to make sure idiots like yourself would never figure this out, and to continue buying our crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Quality control)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
Dear soon to be too broke to Fishin & Hunting, after consulting with our legal team we have a law suit pending against you for illegally tampering with a copyrighted crappy product, and for unsolicited counsultation with a consumer. We here at Ameristep are willing to settle this out of court (you come work for us), or we can drag this matter out for years to come, all the while still selling a very remarkable crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Questionable lawsuits)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Dear sir, F & H is neither an employee, nor a representative of Ameristep, therefore by cutting blind poles to a length where they will not be tearing the camo blind material will void our non-existant warranty. We seriously urge you not to, in anyway, manipulate length of poles. We spent thousands of dollars in our Product Development Lab to make sure idiots like yourself would never figure this out, and to continue buying our crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Quality control)
Quote:
Dear soon to be too broke to Fishin & Hunting, after consulting with our legal team we have a law suit pending against you for illegally tampering with a copyrighted crappy product, and for unsolicited counsultation with a consumer. We here at Ameristep are willing to settle this out of court (you come work for us), or we can drag this matter out for years to come, all the while still selling a very remarkable crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Questionable lawsuits)
I can't leave you alone for a minute, can I?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 AM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
I can't leave you alone for a minute, can I?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Otis

idiots
Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
! Now that's a good one!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:25 PM

Hey, Quacker.

How much you reckon it will cost me to settle out of court?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Default have you contacted them?

I had a doghouse blind that turned pink in the sun in one season - called them - they replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
I had a doghouse blind that turned pink in the sun in one season - called them - they replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.
Dear ScottD, DO WHATTTT????? Replaced it for free???? No questions asked?????? How can we continue to make money on our crappy product by giving it away??? Heads are going to roll for this one. Sincerely HOQ, (Head Of Questions asked)
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Default To Whom It May Concern

There is no warranty on these blinds, as some darn fools think they can keep the blinds exposed to the weather for more than two consecutive weeks.

Price of blind 2009 $125

Price of blind 2011 $ 625
Same great blind. Now guaranteed for those users who insist on 365 day exposure.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 PM

That was fun to read
Old 05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitworth View Post
There is no warranty on these blinds, as some darn fools think they can keep the blinds exposed to the weather for more than two consecutive weeks.

Price of blind 2009 $125

Price of blind 2011 $ 625
Same great blind. Now guaranteed for those users who insist on 365 day exposure.
6 days, WW.
I went today and picked them up after setting them out last wednesday. They didn't handle the two days of rain well. Both were collapsed with broken fiber poles. Appreciate the heads up on the future price increase.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Dude loose the attuide. all he ask was you to find better way to fix a problem. not suppose to down play people on here anyway.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 AM
DOCTOR LUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC DADDY FREAK NASTY View Post
Dude loose the attuide. all he ask was you to find better way to fix a problem. not suppose to down play people on here anyway.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC DADDY FREAK NASTY View Post