; GA Lifetime Sportsman's License - Page 2 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 01-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Slug-Gunner,

Thank you for getting the answers for me. I joined in 2005 in August so Ive been in the Marines bout 3 1/2 years. Im the Administrator for my Unit. My parents still live in GA so I will have it mailed to them. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Charlie
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Lightbulb One other consideration....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles1682 View Post
Slug-Gunner,

Thank you for getting the answers for me. I joined in 2005 in August so Ive been in the Marines bout 3 1/2 years. Im the Administrator for my Unit. My parents still live in GA so I will have it mailed to them. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Charlie

Charlie,
If your father has a POA for you (always a GOOD IDEA anyway, just in case), you can send him the appropriate verification forms and do it 'in person' for you at a regional DNR office. I remembered this from reviewing my previous advice given someone in an earlier post.

Slug-Gunner
Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Banned

Thanks for posting i got 2 boys ages 13 and 8 this will make a birthday present that will be remembered forever ...
Old 01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Default Just sent for my lifetime license today.

Question, now that GA has gone to the online system, can I get my HIP and deer harvest permits online each year?

Thanks,
Jack
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Arrow Online License System....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshoffstall View Post
Question, now that GA has gone to the online system, can I get my HIP and deer harvest permits online each year?

Thanks,
Jack
When you go onto the "Georgia Online License" web site, there is a "I have a 'Lifetime License'" option. Select it, and input either the license number on the back of your 'Lifetime Sportsman's License' or your SSAN#.... you then will be able to print out your 'Deer Harvest Record' and get the H.I.P. Questionaire taken care of too. Hope this helps.

Slug-Gunner

Last edited by Slug-Gunner; 01-27-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Looks like this would be a great gift for anyone with an infant future sportsmen.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM

another question if i was to purchase a lifetime liscense and got stationed somewhere else am i know required to buy a out of state hunting liscense for the state im currently stationed in???
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Arrow Military Personnel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonbowhunter View Post
another question if i was to purchase a lifetime liscense and got stationed somewhere else am i know required to buy a out of state hunting liscense for the state im currently stationed in???

For military personnel assigned to a new duty station in another state (on orders), you are permitted to buy a 'resident' license for that state. At least that was always the case when I was on 'active duty' and assigned to a new duty station. If you are assigned to a new base to attend a school (for training), you can purchase a license in that state for the current license year. This may vary for some states since I'm not familiar with each states agreement with their local military reservations. Maybe others who are stationed in other locations can answer this better than I can.

If you purchase a Lifetime License in ANY STATE, it is only good in that state.

Slug-Gunner
Old 03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Default Dont assume that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug-Gunner View Post
For military personnel assigned to a new duty station in another state (on orders), you are permitted to buy a 'resident' license for that state. At least that was always the case when I was on 'active duty' and assigned to a new duty station. If you are assigned to a new base to attend a school (for training), you can purchase a license in that state for the current license year. This may vary for some states since I'm not familiar with each states agreement with their local military reservations. Maybe others who are stationed in other locations can answer this better than I can.

If you purchase a Lifetime License in ANY STATE, it is only good in that state.

Slug-Gunner
Got slammed pretty hard by oregon for having a state resident liscense that overlapd with another unmentioned state by 3 days who knew i wasnt a resident even though i lived there 11 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM

FYI i talked to the lifetime license dept. We (active duty) are not eligble for a discounted lifetime license. I was told NO!!!!! not until you are discharged. I got 19 years in and they said no. You can come in for 90 days get the boot and get it for 400. But you cant get a hundred dollar discount for 19 years???????? Does not make any sense to me. I got all kinds of proof that i am in and have been but that is not good enough. They just played dumb and said that the legislatures wrote the bill and it stated you had to have a DD214......Once again law makers that dont know what is going on.....I think if you have a deployment then you should get a free lifetime.... What about the disability thing. How much of a disability do you have to have before your license is free????
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Arrow You get a DD214 EVERY TIME You Reenlist.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmystriton View Post
FYI i talked to the lifetime license dept. We (active duty) are not eligble for a discounted lifetime license. I was told NO!!!!! not until you are discharged. I got 19 years in and they said no. You can come in for 90 days get the boot and get it for 400. But you cant get a hundred dollar discount for 19 years???????? Does not make any sense to me. I got all kinds of proof that i am in and have been but that is not good enough. They just played dumb and said that the legislatures wrote the bill and it stated you had to have a DD214......Once again law makers that dont know what is going on.....I think if you have a deployment then you should get a free lifetime.... What about the disability thing. How much of a disability do you have to have before your license is free????
Jimmy,
I am 'retired military' and FYI you get a DD214 EVERY TIME you reenlist for a new 'term of service'. I seriously doubt that the person you talked to HAD ANY MILITARY EXPERIENCE or they would have known this. Hopefully, you saved your copies of 'reenlistment papers'..... if not, then see your MILPO office and they can print out copies from your records.

Post back if you have further questions.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Thanks, Slug, I think I am going to have my green senior license laminated. It does not have an epiration date on it.

So I see no reason to get another.

HEY CHARLIE, SEMPER FI, BRO.
Gary
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 AM

I know that dissabled vets get a free license, but some times it's a hassel to get them renewed, can we get a life time instead?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Arrow Disabled Veterans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
I know that dissabled vets get a free license, but some times it's a hassel to get them renewed, can we get a life time instead?
The only DISABLED VETERANS who are eligible for a FREE GEORGIA LIFETIME SPORTSMAN'S LICENSE are 'veterans' who are certified as 100% DISABLED (this must be VERIFIED with VA). Those who have 'disabilities' with lower limits should have their % of disability verified through VA in order to get a FREE LICENSE for a specified time period - usually 3-5 years in length. The reason is that different 'disabilities' may be 'temporary' in nature and need to be RE-VERIFIED at periodic intervals.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Hey Slug, got a question for you.
As a senior, I have a permanent license.
If I want to fish a PFA or WMA, will I need to get a "stamp" or am I good?
If I am required to get an additional permit, where, and how do I go about it?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 AM

Every father should be required to buy a lifetime license for thier kid when it is born...It is so much cheaper. I bought one for my son when he was born in SC. We later moved to NC and I bought him another. Now I live in Georgia and he fishes with me alot, but I can't afford the lifetime now. So, if you have the spare change, buy your kids a lifetime when they are born. It will be one of the best deals you will get in a lifetime. I still have land in SC and NC and hunt and fish there as well.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

I got my lifetime Ga hunting and fishing license a couple years ago(when I was 21) and im sure glad I did. I bought my 14 yr old nephew one as well last year because he is a HUGE hunter and loves to fish and goes with me every chance he can.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 PM

I have live in GA for 4 years now... If I buy a lifetime will it still be valid if I move to a different state?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaStellar View Post
I have live in GA for 4 years now... If I buy a lifetime will it still be valid if I move to a different state?
Lifetime licenses are valid for the life of the person, even if they move out of Georgia.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 AM

Hoping that my son would love to hunt and fish as much as I do, I bought him a lifetime license before he turned 2 for $200. Best investment (excluding his education) that I have ever made. He's 10 now and showing a real interest in archery and there are even some days that he out fishes his dad. Makes me proud!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 AM

I got this wen I was 15 I'm now 19 and it's so nice not having to worry about getting a license every year. I strongly suggest getting one.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:25 AM

Thought i would pick one up: I am 57 next week.

Adult: $500
Copy of Picture ID (choose one) : Current Ga Drivers License, Georgia ID Card (issued by Dept. Motor Vehicle Safety) AND
Copy of Proof of Residency (choose one): Current Automobile Registration, Voter Registration card, Previous Years Ga Tax Form (NOT a W-2), Warranty Deed to property of person named on photo ID AND
Copy of Hunter Education Card: required if ages 16 thru 25; only number required if age 26 or older (card copy not required) and born on/after 1-1-61

Then i figured i would wait:

Sr. Discount (age 60 to 64): $95
Copy of Picture ID (choose one) : Current Ga Drivers License, Georgia ID Card (issued by Dept. Motor Vehicle Safety)

Senior (65 and over): ($10 = only if plastic credit-card type license is desired)
Copy of Picture ID (choose one) : Current Ga Drivers License, Georgia ID Card (issued by Dept. Motor Vehicle Safety)

Don't figure on dirt nap for a bit so better deal..
Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Get my senior discount license this year.YA HOOO!!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
GONetwork Member

I'll get to mail my application on 10/27/2011 - best $98.00 I'll ever spend + when you buy it before your 65 the state somehow continues to be able to counting you for federal funds (? Pittman Bowles act) and they can't count you after your 65 and it's free I have been told.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM
GONetwork Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy M. View Post
I'll get to mail my application on 10/27/2011 - best $98.00 I'll ever spend + when you buy it before your 65 the state somehow continues to be able to counting you for federal funds (? Pittman Bowles act) and they can't count you after your 65 and it's free I have been told.
waiting--- they cashed my check