GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Sports Talk

Old 03-05-2005, 12:18 AM

Default I'm far from a NASCAR expert, but I wouldn't..

be suprised if the current leaders(top 5) in the points standing, stay pretty much the same all year. Excluding Gordon working his way up and taking Biffle's spot.

I hope Junior can do it, but he has his work cut out.

Wanted to see what ya'll thought.

Think Edwards can hang on?????
Old 03-05-2005, 03:29 AM
HT2

Lightbulb Randal.......

There's no doubt that the strongest teams are "Hendricks" and "Roush"........

But, you just never know in this sport.......Sometimes the "gods" are smilin' on you, and sometimes they aren't.......If anyone of them were to hit a "rough" stretch of races where nothin' was goin' their way, it would be a tough road to hold.....

As for Edwards......I like him as a driver.......It's refreshing to see a driver that has a personality and seems to truly love what he's doin'.....I think it's a 50/50 shot at him mantaining the whole year.......

1) He's young and a rookie and doesn't know he isn't suppose to be beating the top driver's in the world.......That's what is good about him.........He loves to drive, and just goes out thar and does his job.....

2) It's a long, long season in which he's gonna be doin' the "double duty" in the Busch series in the #60 car.......That's gonna take a toll on him........

We'll see what he's made of and if he can maintain the entire year.....
Old 03-05-2005, 10:35 AM

Tim,

I know what you mean by the "Gods smiling down on you". Kinda like Junior was last season. I thought he was a lock til half way thru the season, then they began to smile on JJ, then Bush I guess.

I like Edwards also. You never hear alot about him. Not as much hype as some of the younger drivers had. Hope he does well.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
HT2

Thumbs up Randal.......

Yeah, Edwards is a up and comin' star, IMO............

He's respectful and very appreciative of where he's at.........I like seein' driver's like that do well........He'll be around for a long time.........
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 PM

Edwards has quickly become my 2nd favorite driver. He has a great attitude, a great personality, and is always smiling like he understands the honor he has to race for a living. Best of all, he deserves to be at that level. One or two races running up front is luck. He has been up there a lot since he made the jump.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:43 PM
HT2

Thumbs up Keith.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith48
Edwards has quickly become my 2nd favorite driver. He has a great attitude, a great personality, and is always smiling like he understands the honor he has to race for a living. Best of all, he deserves to be at that level. One or two races running up front is luck. He has been up there a lot since he made the jump.
Good Post!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly right!!!!!!!!!!