How much was your speeding ticket?

jody7818

Saw a thread on here that reminded me of my "one and only" speeding ticket fine. How much was your highest speeding ticket, and where did you get busted? Also, how fast was you going?

Mine was $320 :cry: in Dooly County. I was going 94 in a 70 on I75 North heading back from Tallahassee Fl.

Let's here yours!

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Well - I've had a bunch of them - Guess I just like to go fast --

Highest Speed - "Excess" of 100 mph on I-20 in 1972 cost me $100 (That was a lot of money in 1972 :)

Actual Highest $$ Amount - A month ago in Suwanee - 62 in a 45 cost me $179...

ALLBEEF

54 in a 35 ---$177 -- Nashville Ga - I was late for a turkey hunt - got one two yrs before that 73 in a 55 - again - I was late to turkey hunt -- Gotta quit turkey hunting:whip:

Georgiaastro

84 mph in Virginia a couple years ago on vacation cost me $196. I don't think it would of been so bad if I hadn't past the state patrolman (in an unmarked jeep cherokee). He wasn't real friendly for some reason.:rofl::rofl:

Fastest...97 in a 70 outside Nashville. Cop let me go with a stern warning to keep it out of the triple digits. He was cool with me. I had just landed in Nashville from Bangor Maine, and he asked me where i was coming from and i told him, he asked me if they had cars like the one i was driving (rental) in Maine...I said "we ain't got flat roads like these in Maine". he laughed and asked me where i was going, what i did in Maine etc. The worst speeding ticket i ever got though was on the highway from Augusta to Atlanta...some hick town...180 dollars. 21 over the limit, and a passenger with no seatbelt.

onemilmhz

While on TDY in San Antonio in 1999 84 mph in a 65 on I-10 cost me $390! The Z28 was traded for a Taurus when I got back to Georgia the following weekend. :cry:

Blue Iron

Banned
Saw a thread on here that reminded me of my "one and only" speeding ticket fine. How much was your highest speeding ticket, and where did you get busted? Also, how fast was you going?

Mine was $320 :cry: in Dooly County. I was going 94 in a 70 on I75 North heading back from Tallahassee Fl.

Let's here yours!

Man Dooly County is the worst, got one doing 86 in a 70 I think it was like $199.

FishingAddict

I was driving up to Lake Haiwassee in TN with my brother in law.

He got pulled over for doing 21 over.

The officer said that if you are an out of state resident and get a ticket doing over twenty the law says they take you to jail for the night.

He cut him a break and gave him a ticket for only 20 over.

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
65 in a 45 in butts county 4 years ago.135 bucks

LLove

my checking account single handedly funded the new dekalb co courthouse. your welcome :):banginghe

LLove

btw my highest was technically 106 in a 70 but he wrote it for like 15over and my most expensive was of course in dekalb and was close to $400. Even though i dont speed anymore i'll still go 20miles out of my way to go around dekalb county to get somewhere. We just dont get along there.

jklaus

My buddy got one in Turner county $450 76 in a 50 city of ashburn got him om I 75

t wayne

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In 1972, driving a Toyota Corollla, I called a unmarked VA state trooper for the passing lane on I-81. Cost me $36. at the local court house at 2AM that morning. Clocked me at 82.

About a month later, passed a rest area on I-81 in VA, 2 AM, VA trooper running radar clocked me at 82 (yes that's as fast as it would go) and came out of the rest area in a 4 wheel drift coming after me. I think that on cost me $40.

About 6 years ago, My 2 brothers and I were going to visit Mom. Had just crossed the TN/VA line when I was clocked at 66 in a 55. That most other traffic was going faster that me made no difference and cost me $140.

I now strictly adher to the SL inVA when I have to travel thru the state. I spend NO MONEY in the state.

Probably the worst, not from a $$ standpoint however, is one my wife got in Smyrna, TN. The only real detail I remember it that it was payable at a DRIVEUP WINDOW.

Regards

7MAGMIKE

In Jackson GA. 63 in 45 86.00
on another occasion 68.00 for doing 145 in a 55. Boy was I lucky. According to my brother in law who is a deputy in Dekalb Co. they can lock you up for 25 over.

creekbender

ELBERT COUNTY ..... LAST OCTOBER ....... 78 IN A 55 = $270.00
but i did notice a sign in the clerks office that said 70-79 = 270.00
80-89= 420.00 , 90+ go see the judge

FishingAddict

In Jackson GA. 63 in 45 86.00
on another occasion 68.00 for doing 145 in a 55. Boy was I lucky. According to my brother in law who is a deputy in Dekalb Co. they can lock you up for 25 over.

What the heck kind of car do you have that goes 145MPH??? What kind of "favors" did you give to the officer?? :rofl:....

My friend was pulled over for speeding.

The officer asked "do you know how fast you were going?"

He said "no" (which was true, his speedometer was pinned"

And the officer said "you were going so fast my radar gun did not register!'

And he could not give him a ticket because of that!