GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Firearms > Firearms, Reloading and Scopes

Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Remington 7600 Police

I am considering buying one of these in .308 to use as a brush gun. they come with Parkerized finish and 16.5" barrel. Has anyone got one of these or have you heard any feedback on them?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Sounds like a pretty sweet carbine-style rifle. I shoot a 7600 in .270. It isn't the most accurate rifle I own but I'm comfortable taking shots as far as I would with any other rifle in a hunting situation. What I like is the speed. The gun handles well and is smooth to operate. I can pull it up, aim, and shoot it faster than I can with any other rifle I own. It's the one I always end up reaching for when it's time to head to the deer woods.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM

I took a peek at them on Remington's web site and they look pretty sweet. The only draw back is the price
Old 12-20-2007, 07:07 AM

I agree with Deuceswild they are cool but the price is way high. I purchased a synthetic 7600 pump carbine in 35 rem for a bush gun. I love it. The only complaint I have with the 16.5 barrels is the when you carry it slinged. the barrel is so short it hangs right next to you head. I think you could get a regular on and cut the barrel off much cheaper. I got mine from gunbrokers.com
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willec View Post
I agree with Deuceswild they are cool but the price is way high. I purchased a synthetic 7600 pump carbine in 35 rem for a bush gun. I love it. The only complaint I have with the 16.5 barrels is the when you carry it slinged. the barrel is so short it hangs right next to you head. I think you could get a regular on and cut the barrel off much cheaper. I got mine from gunbrokers.com
You hit the nail on the head I found a new synthetic for $399 and I am planning on cutting the barrel down and put the ghost ring sites on it. Got to hurry up though, Remington just had a price increase and the new ones that have just arrived have went up $150
Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM

Try inverting your sling. I wear my 7600 barrel down over my left shoulder (right handed shooter). It works great.