Wickliffe Rifle

pacecars

Used to be able to buy actions or complete rifles. Seem to recall it was called the Wickliffe '76

welby

Wickliffe rifle

They are called Wickliffe rifle because they were made in Wickliffe, Ohio. They were made by the Triple SSS Development Company. They started in 1976 and went bankrupt by 1980. They went under due to the lifestyle of the owners, not the rifles. The rifles were high dollar for thier time. My family owns 7 of them. They are extremely accurate and fun to shoot. Ours range from 223 to 300 mag. There are 7 models, some standard, some deluxe. The Wickliffe 76 is just 1 model.

welby

Wickliffe rifles

I have 2 original Wickliffe rifles for sale. A model 76 Deluxe in a 270 cal., and a standard Stinger model in a 223 cal. The stingier model came from the factory with the optional scope and sling. I also have the original boxes. I don't want to get rid of them but the plant I worked at for 27 years closed down so I need to get rid of some stuff. My rifles are originals, not kits. They have low serial numbers. They have both been fired and are extremely accurate and in really great condition.

Last edited:

pacecars

Price on them?

gunsmith

can you send me a picture of the boxes and the rifles? We need them as I have never seen them.
The guns are worth 1500 to 1700 a peice, so do not sell them too cheap.
That is the price they are selling for at the PGCA gun show.

welby

Wickliffe rifles

$1200.00 apiece or $2300.00 for the pair. If you email me, I can send pictures back to the email address. I'm not real computer knowledged. Buyer pays shipping.

I have 2 original Wickliffe rifles for sale. A model 76 Deluxe in a 270 cal., and a standard Stinger model in a 223 cal. The stingier model came from the factory with the optional scope and sling. I also have the original boxes. I don't want to get rid of them but the plant I worked at for 27 years closed down so I need to get rid of some stuff. My rifles are originals, not kits. They have low serial numbers. They have both been fired and are extremely accurate and in really great condition.

I am very interested in your guns , please call m 785-547-6500
I am in N E kansas

gunsmith

unfortunatly we could not get going. Some idiot bad mouthed us so bad, I gave up the idea for NOW. Maybe later I will get my manufacturing licence, and make them. The dream is still alive, but someone turned it into a nightmare for now.

Last edited:

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
how do I put pictures on this forum?

look at the photography forum "sticky post" at the top it will tell you how to re-size photos and add as an attachment to your post

gunsmith

when ever I try to hit the images part of reply, I get a sound, and nothing. It will not allow me to upload a picture. Thanks for all the help on getting the pixels down, and resizing.

gunsmith

custom Wickliffe rifle. Made by a friend of mine. The company never got off the ground,as no one wanted to invest the money into making the best gun around. Good enough is fine with them. What a shame. This one really shoots well. Plhoto by Richard Breymeier, Jeannette Pa. wickliffe rifle5.jpg

Last edited:

Olsen

need wickliffe information

Can anyone give more information on the wickliffe rifle?
The blue book shows $600.00 and the research I have done including speaking with the man that invented the wickliffe says the value is $1500.00 to $2000.00. I want more information any help will be appreciated.

Olsen

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That is one beautiful rifle. Wonder if they made any with a straight stock, and an octagon barrel?

welby

Wickliffe Rifles

I have 2 Wickliffe Rifles for sale. A model 76 deluxe in 270, and a commemorative model in 30-06. These are originals not made from a kit.

Olsen

I am interested in purchasing your Wickliffe rifles
PM me if you still want to sell.