GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Photography and Bragging Boards > Bragging Board -- Photos

Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Big Bobcat I Killed A Couple Of Years Ago

I saw a thread on a big bobcat i thought i would share mine. I was lucky enough to take this giant. I also shot a huge yote this year but you cant really tell by the pic that he is as big as he is. He scared off two bucks from my foodplot and it cost him. Well needless to say predator hunting is a blast.I just wanted to show the cat off cause i feel like it is about as big of cat youll find in Ga.This Is A Cat I Killed December Of 06. He Is The Biggest One Ive Ever Seen And I Have Seen Probably A Dozen Of Them.Name:  l_5fbd7e2ebb05d9e6d6dd2453a0100e58.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  m_259b01c8b1f78aaba246626d6e7b7e27.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  14.2 KB
Old 02-22-2008, 07:23 PM

that is a nice un for sure
Old 02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
redneckcamo

awsome bobcat dood.!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 PM

That is one big CAT!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:47 PM

That IS a big cat. Saw 1 a few years ago that was probably that big. Followed a smaller 1 (female?) across the road right in front of the truck. Hope you mounted that 1!!! If you did, post a pic. I'd like to see it!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Not trying to start anything with you but that cat looks a little funny. I'm thinking that cat looks too big. Why is his head up, shouldn't it be hanging down? Photo Shop???
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Look at his legs, too. Not my pic, but I'm thinking"rigor mortiss". Don't think I spelled that right.

Last edited by chuckb7718; 02-22-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Wanted to.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Big ol cat. Congrats.

Hoss
Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carters93 View Post
Not trying to start anything with you but that cat looks a little funny. I'm thinking that cat looks too big. Why is his head up, shouldn't it be hanging down? Photo Shop???
he may have just pulled it out of a freezer/cooler! either way that is a nice un right there, congrats!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09

Thumbs up Yep, it does look huge

thanks for sharing it with us
Old 02-23-2008, 09:38 AM

Default Bobcat

I Know Your Not Trying To Start Nothing Carter 93. The Picture Is Fuzzy Cause I Accidently Had My Camera Pic Quaility At The Lowest Setting. I Wish I Didnt Cause I Cant Go Back And Take Pics now. I Dont Know How His Head Stayed Up But Im Gonna Post Another Pic Of Him. I Have Friends On Here That Saw Him So They Know. I couldnt believe his size either. I was amazed cause he dwarfed any bobcat ive ever seen. And Yes I Am Getting Him Mounted And Cant Wait To Get Him Back. My Taxidermist Is Amazing But His Return Is On Average is At Two Years. Well I Assure This Isnt A Photoshoped Pic. Thanks For All The Comments.Name:  CIMG0821.JPG
Views: 817
Size:  79.3 KB
Old 02-23-2008, 10:39 AM

Default Passed A Bobcat That Big Once

I was hunting in South Central Florida a few years back and my hunting buddy Phat Mitch & I were stalking down a road along a water filled canal to get at a bunch of deer including a few bucks that were probably about a thousand yards away. We were kind of crouch walking and I spotted about 100 yards away a "doe" walking in the high grass straight towards us. I whispered to Mitch to not move and sit tight becacuse a "doe" as walking our way. The "doe" turned broadside and walked out into the middle of the road runnning parallel to the canal and sat down on it's hind quarters just like a dog and looked straight at us. It was an enormous bobcat. We didn't shoot it because the day before in the same place that those deer were ahead of us I missed clean with a rifle the biggest Florida deer I had ever seen and we thought he might be back. That cat was astoundingly enormous. At the shoulder this thing was as tall as a yearling deer and I don't think 35-40 pounds is a stretch. I've seen a fish market full of cats over the years and if Boone & Crockett had a bobcat category, he would have to have been a qualifier.

Anyway, congrats on your awesome trophy BUCKNDUCKSLAYER. I will confirm your claim that bobcats do get that big.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKNDUCKSLAYER View Post
I Know Your Not Trying To Start Nothing Carter 93. The Picture Is Fuzzy Cause I Accidently Had My Camera Pic Quaility At The Lowest Setting. I Wish I Didnt Cause I Cant Go Back And Take Pics now. I Dont Know How His Head Stayed Up But Im Gonna Post Another Pic Of Him. I Have Friends On Here That Saw Him So They Know. I couldnt believe his size either. I was amazed cause he dwarfed any bobcat ive ever seen. And Yes I Am Getting Him Mounted And Cant Wait To Get Him Back. My Taxidermist Is Amazing But His Return Is On Average is At Two Years. Well I Assure This Isnt A Photoshoped Pic. Thanks For All The Comments.Attachment 119093
Dang, your taxidermist is slower than mine!! If you're happy with your taxidermist, as I am with mine, it's worth the wait!!! I know cheaper, faster ones, but I've got a great one and won't switch! I just hope he ain't reading this!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKNDUCKSLAYER View Post
I Know Your Not Trying To Start Nothing Carter 93. The Picture Is Fuzzy Cause I Accidently Had My Camera Pic Quaility At The Lowest Setting. I Wish I Didnt Cause I Cant Go Back And Take Pics now. I Dont Know How His Head Stayed Up But Im Gonna Post Another Pic Of Him. I Have Friends On Here That Saw Him So They Know. I couldnt believe his size either. I was amazed cause he dwarfed any bobcat ive ever seen. And Yes I Am Getting Him Mounted And Cant Wait To Get Him Back. My Taxidermist Is Amazing But His Return Is On Average is At Two Years. Well I Assure This Isnt A Photoshoped Pic. Thanks For All The Comments.Attachment 119093
Now that looks better! I can't believe they get that big! I thought a Bobcat only went up to around 25 pounds? I don't blame you for shooting him he's a nice one.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM

that's a big cat. did you weigh it?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Default Bobcat

I Cant Remember For Sure But I Think He Was 28 Pounds. It Might Have Been Thirty But I Just Remember He Was The Biggest By Far Of About 7 Or 8 My Taxidermist Had. I Remember The Others Weighed From About 14-18 Pounds And I Remember He Was 10 Pounds Bigger Than The Biggest One. I Have A Bad Memory But Im Pretty Sure It Was 28. But Either Way Thats A Big Cat. He Looks Like He Weighs 50 Pounds Cause He Has A Real Big Head And Big Thick Legs And Big Paws. None The Less I Am Proud Of Him. Probably Saved A Few Rabbits And Turkeys From A Bad Day.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:15 AM

I am glad to see one that big, I have been called a lair because I killed one that weighed 32 pounds, it had a full stomach. and is the largest I had ever seen.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:53 AM

Looks like he is still alive. Cool.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:02 PM

nice one