GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Trail Cams

Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 PM

Default Problems with Stealth Cam

Hi, I have 2 I230IR steath cams that once triggered they just keep on taking pics til the batteries are dead. Stealth cam says they do not repair them. Would anyone here know of anyplace that could fix them ? Thanks,
Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
GONetwork Member

Dont know about having it fixed or where it could be fixed.. But i purchased a stealth cam i-550 back in july. After going down two different times and observe the camera never took pictures after my test pics. before leaving after setup. I called stealth cam a demanded a total refund. After raising enough cane as they first only wanted to attempt to fix it, they privided me with a warranty refund number and i sent it back to them. I have since bought a moultrie d-40, after receiving good reviews on this forum, it is currently in the woods. Will find out how it does in another week.
Good luck with your stealth cam .
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM

My stealth cam just started doing this also, i called stealth cam and they said it could be the SD card and to try another card. Also try to reset the cam by cutting it on and then taking out the batteries while on for 30mins then try it.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Banned

Stealth cams are absolutely the worst cams as far as dependability. I have owned 6 of them and they all worked fine at first, then 1 by 1 they started to go bad. After fighting with the people at Stealth cam and sending these cams back time after time only to have them go down again or not work after they sent the cam back, I threw them all in the trash. I will never own another one nor would I recommend owning one.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 PM

i just sent my stealth cam sniper in to thembecause its ap piece of crap, the batteries were dead in 6 days, the camera was slower than grandma with the trigger speed and when it did finallytake a pic in the daytime it was so blurry u cant even tell what was in front of the camera. Iwill never buy another stealth cam again. Ibought the cudde capture and it works great so far.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 PM

I had a similiar problem with the stealth cam, they said there wasn't anything they could do, and I raised cain myself, and she finally said send it in w/ the receipt and we will refund it.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHMAN5986 View Post
My stealth cam just started doing this also, i called stealth cam and they said it could be the SD card and to try another card. Also try to reset the cam by cutting it on and then taking out the batteries while on for 30mins then try it.
Please let me know if you have any luck with trying what you said. I will try it this weekend. Thanks,
Old 09-11-2008, 05:28 PM

Gary,

Which Stealth Cam camera are you having problems with.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 AM

Yup, I had a Stealth it was crap. They finally refunded me my money.
Bought a Recon. Piece of crap also. Nothing but problems.
At least Stealth answers the phone. Recon does not even answer the phone or return your calls anymore.

If anyone knows of a dependable I.R. that is not slow as a sloth and last more than a year please PM me. I’m tired of high priced junk!
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonMOAC View Post
Gary,

Which Stealth Cam camera are you having problems with.
Hi,
The I230IR is the model number. It's an infrared model. Somebody mentioned that there was someone in Florida that would work on them but I havn't had any luck with finding a name or address yet. It's a shame because these cameras are almost new but I've had them more than a year so I'm screwed on the warranty.
I also have a I430IR stealth cam that works great so far.