When is it too windy to hunt!?

4x4

Man its such a nice day, the sun seems to be stuck behind the clouds up here, but the wind is blowing (according to weather.com for Athens) East Northeast at 15 mph.

So, how much wind does it take to keep you outta the stand?

Rabbitslayer97

if the trees swayin i wont be there for long but ill still sit on the ground ....dont really effect the deer round here seen 8 this mornin includin a decent 9 point so its all up 2 you

12gamag

if it blowing like it is to day-I will probably sit but I will not really expect to see anything....a lot of times deer wont move much and will bed down becuase they cannot spot movement when the wind has everything stirred up....

Steve78

I killed my biggest buck, a nice 10ptr on a very windy full moon afternoon. I climb up in my stand and hold on for the ride, unless its just to dangerous, but thats a judgement call on your part. So in my opinion its never to windy.

Hunting Teacher

During a tornado or a hurricane. Other than that it's never too windy. Look at the hunts on TV you see in the West and Midwest.

i killed a 143inch 13 pt in 2001 in 30 mile an hour wind. never to windy. we had 15 mile an hour winds this morning and i saw 5 deer which one was a small 8pt. i also saw 21 hogs.

Duramax

hunted this am in the wind and saw 2 does

308NavyDad

if its to windy to sit in a stand its a good time to do some stalken.thats like asken if its to hot to fish

lilbassinlady

Well, I saw 13 yesterday morning, and six this morning, out of my climber! I missed a big doe swaying in the wind! DARN IT! Between shaking with excitement and swaying, I still tried! But, I've seen more big bucks while it was real windy. Ya cann't get em, unless your out there!

riprap

depends on how good my property is. if i don't see anything when its good i really don't have any confidence if it is windy. if i see the pines moving i roll over.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
never ever too windy, dont mean you will see deer, but you need to be there just incase

Old Coach

I killed a nice 9pt in Pike Co. with a 25 MPH wind.
I also killed a big doe 15 min before the buck stepped out into the field.

Coach

dj5play

The wind has never really seemed to effect how many deer i see, but it did seem to help her smell me this morning. Have never see a doe throw her head up in the air and sniff like she did. Must have been the cool water cologne.

Dehunt

Wind

Killed 1 of my biggest bucks on a very windy morning.
If I plan on hunting I dont care what the weathers doing....
:bounce:

BigDogDaddy

Saw plenty of deer this weekend and the wind blew all weekend in Morgan County. The moon was bright but the clouds blocked it out for the majority of the night...the deer had to move sometime during the day! I'm pretty sure everyone at camp saw deer this weekend swaying back and forth

miles58

Banned yankee
I killed a deer once in wind so bad the bullet could hardly make it out of the barrel. If the wind hadn't been blowing that deer back toward me so fast I don't think it would have even left a mark when it hit him.