Clarkesville, Ga area?

Glenn

Yes another day, another job search :flag:

How is the area around Clarkesville, GA? I know I have been through there several times but have never taken a good look around. I may be changing my college selection and going with North Georgia Techincal College in Clarkesville.

Any suggestions? :pop:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

great area............close to great trout fishin...........close to great deer/turkey huntin'...........'bout 40 miles north of me....... :)

Glenn

Yeah I could be Fly fishing everyday for trout!!! :yeah:

I have already found several jobs in the area too! :cheers:

Nugefan

went there for Welding...
great place for hiking , fishin , and huntin...
The Gorge is a cool place to go also...
there is a place past the school called "the dip " where everyone used to hang out but that was in 78'...
good luck

Al33

Clarksville is one of the nicest and cleanest towns I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. I wouodn't hesitate to live in the area if I had the opportunity.

Jeff Phillips

Glenn - That is a great place to live! Small town, good fishing and decent hunting close by, real close to Woody's shop :D

Given the choice of Clarksville or Snellville, move to Clarksville!

Listen to the old Stanley Brothers tune "How Mountain Gals Can Love"! :yeah:

Glenn

Thanks fellas! I pretty much knew it was good town cause it is north of "Hotlanta"!

Now if I can land a job in that area I will be set. Almost seem to be better oppurtunity in that area than south Georgia.

Will see.... ::gone:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good Luck to you Glenn. I hope you find you something good Bud. :clap:

Duff

Glenn,

I spoke with one of my former high school teachers , who also taught at NGT. He said the boards at NGT were full of job offers in the heating and air field. Starting out at 45,000+ per year, which is very good money in this area. He said so many kids were going to college that the techs were in high demand in most any field.
Good luck.

Glenn

One that pays alot and that is easy :cool:

No really something in the goverment sector dealing with IT industry or in the field.

No hard labor for this boy! :hair: Been there done that :banginghe

H

HT2

Glenn........

The only downfall is that you'll be up thar near Teddy.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Woody's Janitor

Come on up, it's a great place to live if you like the small town feel. If I can help, give me a call. I'll PM the number.

Razorback

Glenn,

When you get to NGT go to their Photography School Department, Richard Smith is the dept head/teacher/golfer all-around good guy. Kenny Simmons another good guy hunter/fly fisherman,may still be their teaching photography but he may have left by now.

Richard knows the area very well. Kenny's mom house is on the "Soque River" (not sure on the spelling but a great river near by) They feed the trout super-growing-bigguns feed and they some fish as big as my THIGH! Kenny has guided some & can show you around as well.

If you get a chance to talk to Richard or Kenny tell them Kenneth from Photo Barn sent you.

Kenneth aka Razorback

Meriwether Mike

Beautiful area. Hope that it works out for you and your job search.