Please Help...What is this

sasquatch hunter

What is this and how do I get rid of it???

Attachments

• 408365068_1415298518_0.jpg
    408365068_1415298518_0.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,672
  • 408365462_1415299949_0.jpg
    408365462_1415299949_0.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3,171
"Leaves of 3 - don't touch me" ?? I'm not sure, large poison ivy vines? Sorry ya got some on ya.

Alrighty then, kill - die- make it suffer, whatever it is. You've learned you don't wanna handle it anymore
2mo5pow.gif
Have a flame thrower or laser/phaser/ ray-of-the-day gun? No? Geebers....will just have to do it the old fashioned way. Spot spray with one of those good kill-all herbicides like Roundup ect...

Spray on leaves and follow stem to ground, soaking ground good at that point. Point out all plants to family and have them stay away while killer is working and to BOLO for more plants coming back later.

good luck. the doctor has a good shot these days for poison ivy

hummdaddy

poison oak maybe , do not burn it !!! if you burn that stuff will go airborn and imagine inhaling it

sasquatch hunter

this sucks....itching...scratching

I want to know the best cure for me, I can kill a plant!!!

This stuff is all over my right arm, on the back of my ear, is there something I could bathe in.

I'm sure there is something natural that would counteract it.

Where is Nicodemus??

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Calimine(sp) Lotion.

It you are a tough guy. Make a salt paste or use bleach. It will make it dry up faster.

Use a q-tip do not take a bath in it.

Last edited:

GusGus

Go to walmart and pick up some "Ivy wash" Not sure if thats the name of the product but thats what I call it. It will be in a white bottle with some green on it. Rub down good with that stuff then shower and that should clear it up.

GusGus

I just looked it up online, it is called "TECNU" it posion oak and ivy wash.

sasquatch hunter

been there

I've been using that stuff and calamine for three or four days and it is just making it angry

I think i'm going with the bleach:banana:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Tecnu, lots of it and scrub vigorously, several times a day. The bleach will simply irritate your skin further.

Ole' Dad

The Cure

Im not saying that this is safe, but has always worked for me and my family??

Scratch, Scratch, and Scratch again the area where the poison got on you (your arm, behind the ear). Once you have scratched the area enough that it is somewhat open, or the little bubbles have burst, are you ready for this, spray starting fluid on the area (Either). Do this once or twice, and that stuff will dry right up, usually within a day or two.

Like I said this may not be healthy, but it does work!! Imagine the look on my mothers face when she came out the door one day to find me getting this sprayed on an area on my FACE??? Not to good. But it worked.

sasquatch hunter

here's the plan

I already did the bleach, just blotted with it, it actually felt pretty good except on the areas that I had scratched raw

I have Ivarest, maybe that was part of my problem. Don't have tecnu

I'm bout to wash it off(that stuff burns on your jewels by the way)

Then I'm putting on calamine and going fishing in the hot sun.

I'll post results...if I'm not in the ER

hummdaddy

always was told to put a few caps full of bleach and lay in tub and soak .... will dry it up and take the itch too... however i heard it will sting like the dickins

Doc_Holliday23

Put calamine lotion on first and put hydrocortisone over the top of the calamine.

Thankfully I am not allergic to poison ivy.

Todd E

I am highly prone to outbreaks from oak/ivy.

The only stuff that works on me, and is dad-gum-good- stuff, is IVY DRY. Dark brown bottle. Stinks like sulfer, but within two days max......I no longer itch and rash is dried up. They now carry it in a spray bottle. Piggly Wiggly(used to be Bi-Lo) carries it here.

http://www.ivydry.com/product_super.htm
Go to this link and click on where to buy. Many local retailers are listed.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Tecnu is what I use, with good results. If you`re wrapped up in it though, I would go to the doctor, and have him give one of those shots that dry it up right quick. You sure don`t want that stuff in your eyes.

I`ve gotten rid of the vine before, by snippin` it it off a few inches above the ground, and pourin` some pure undiluted Roundup on the cut stub. Use an old pair of gloves to handle the vine, while you`re disposin` of it.

DanTroop2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
poison ivy

Wash with wram water and soap.To stop the itching put calamine lotion on it and make a dry crush over it.