Who hunts out of State

durell

I hunted local for years but a few years ago I started hunting Mississippi. A good friend of mine farms out there and the hunting does not compare. Its hard to get up in the morning locally to shoot at woodies and a few mallards. I took a friend of mine went with me last year and said he was never going back to Guntersville, Al . That seems to be were most hunters from Ga go. I went there for a while but said there had to be a better way....... So I was just wondering who in this forum leaves this state and were do you go. Also if you hunt just local and are addicted. Just try to get out to the flyway. You will really be messed up!

Last edited:
I like to hunt back home in NYS where we shoot a load of mallards, blacks, woodies, pintails, teal and so on...

Mark K

Banned
Durell, no truer words have been spoken. I've got news for you though - head over one more state. I hunted MS for four years before joining a lease in Arkansas last year. I could not believe the difference in MS and AR. Alot of it has to do with location, but the only way I'll leave this lease is when God decides I've killed enough. My son gives up youth season here to go out there for work weekend. He'ld rather hunt there than here anyday - but we settle for the Woodducks when we can't make the trip. I hunted 19 days and my son hunted 13 out there last year.

illinoishunter77

Durell, no truer words have been spoken. I've got news for you though - head over one more state. I hunted MS for four years before joining a lease in Arkansas last year. I could not believe the difference in MS and AR. Alot of it has to do with location, but the only way I'll leave this lease is when God decides I've killed enough. My son gives up youth season here to go out there for work weekend. He'ld rather hunt there than here anyday - but we settle for the Woodducks when we can't make the trip. I hunted 19 days and my son hunted 13 out there last year.
What part of MS and what part of AR?

chase870

Possum Sox
I hunt Canada ,North Dakota,Tennesee, Louisiana, and anywhere else I can afford to and find birds. I dont know what this year will hold with the economy in the shape that its in

Boudreaux

I usually hunt out of state once or twice per season, but hunt the rest of the weekends in-state.

I hunted LA and AR last year. Have LA trips planned for this year and maybe IL.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Hey I hunt out of state a lot, oh wait a minute, that is with you and Illhtr77. Thats why we post pics of dead fowl and say they were from Ga.(supposedly)

Last edited:
Hey I hunt out of state a lot, oh wait a minute, that is with you and Illhtr77. Thats why we post so many pics of dead fowl and say they were from Ga.(supposedly)

Yea, cuz if you don't post pics, then you really don't kill any.

illinoishunter77

Left overs!

Suffice it to say, Mr. K is in one of the finest Duck Clubs in AR....... they kill em.
Let Mr. K and the other members they are invited to come eat with us one evening. They are killing the birds that got buy while we were reloading. Brookings has been the last known position of a many a mallards the past 2 or 3 years. Not many make it out.

Mark K

Banned
We appreciate it. Just keep letting the ones with the shiny things on their legs go by. I'm assuming y'all are talking about Illinois hunting? Did y'all have a lot of frozen days as well? Last year opening weekend was froze solid. We were shooting ducks on ice.

illinoishunter77

Brookings Arkansas

We appreciate it. Just keep letting the ones with the shiny things on their legs go by. I'm assuming y'all are talking about Illinois hunting? Did y'all have a lot of frozen days as well? Last year opening weekend was froze solid. We were shooting ducks on ice.
Brookings is north of you, in the south west corner of Clay county. Our timber is bordered by Dave Donaldson and the Black River. Not too many frozen days in Illinois this year. Same as you we shot ducks that landed on ice in Arkansas. Good luck this year.

SheldonMOAC

I do not go as much anymore - mainly travel out of state to deer hunt. I usually go to Arkansas, Montana and Kentucky for waterfowl.