GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 08-16-2009, 06:11 PM

Default catfish & carp pay lakes

is there any catfish & carp pay lakes near carrollton .to take family to hook some nice cats.[we love carping]
Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

Go to Twin Lakes in Winder its on HWY 82 We catch 25 to 30 carp a day plus not to mention Big Cats if you ever want to give it a try let me know .....
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM

People pay to catch carp?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONoob View Post
Yeah believe it or not.I'll just go to the lake some where and catch them if their biting.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONoob View Post
by all means!!!!!

have you ever caught 1? STRONG FISH!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalker62 View Post
is there any catfish & carp pay lakes near carrollton .to take family to hook some nice cats.[we love carping]
man we need to hook up for some carping!

look for the ol capt. on here and you will learn more than you wanted to know about carpin around here.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalker62 View Post
check out this:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=392293
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned

Twin lakes in winder has tournaments biggest fish sometimes the most poundage the side pot sometimes has 200.00 to 700.00 dollars so you got something to fish for (12 hours 7pm to 7am.....)
Old 08-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriver72 View Post
Twin lakes in winder has tournaments biggest fish sometimes the most poundage the side pot sometimes has 200.00 to 700.00 dollars so you got something to fish for (12 hours 7pm to 7am.....)
I agree, but he said he's looking for something close to carrollton, and Winder is nowhere near Carrollton.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:08 PM

i dont mind going that far if its good fishing. and i can get some nice pic
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM

demooneys its located off hwy 92 near the intersection of fulton industrial and south fulton parkway about 30 min from carrollton big cats and carp to they also have tournaments with good pay outs
Old 08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

I like Demooneys thats a good carp lake to also reds and lakeview in Covington are good ones ...
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 PM

why don't ya go find a nice public river or lake to fish? paylakes are a joke, and not to mention unethical...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmassey View Post
why don't ya go find a nice public river or lake to fish? paylakes are a joke, and not to mention unethical...
UNETHICAL is an opinion of yours bet i win more money than most weekend bass fisherman its legal and i love it
PAYLACK POT TOURNAMENTS
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM

no my friend, unethical is raping our public waterways for trophy flatheads and bluecats to throw into a pond not nearly big enough to sustain them. Charge all the trailor park milwaukee light drinkin wt to stand neck to neck on the bank $10 to catch em over n over again. These fish don't belong in a pay pond.......have you ever caught them in their natural habitat?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmassey View Post
no my friend, unethical is raping our public waterways for trophy flatheads and bluecats to throw into a pond not nearly big enough to sustain them. Charge all the trailor park milwaukee light drinkin wt to stand neck to neck on the bank $10 to catch em over n over again. These fish don't belong in a pay pond.......have you ever caught them in their natural habitat?
yes i have caught them in rivers
i dont drink milwaukee light its bud light
i live in a house but nothing wrong with a trailor
and now i really got something to talk to my friends at the lake about
and heres to you wt
Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Have to agree w/ a bass man here. I grew up fishing paylakes, heck our tournament series team name is Team Hold EM Hook which originated at Twin Lakes. We would go at noon on Friday and stay till Sunday morning. Won a lot of money and caught some good fish. On the other hand I can't begin to tell how many 10's of thousands of fish I have seen die in these paylakes. I will still go to 1 about 5 times a year if I have nothing better to do but would rather go to Lanier or Nottley and FISH for catfish. These paylakes are the reason for the laws being passed in SC,AL,TN and many other states with more on their way. Why take a 30-50 year old fish from the Tn river Miss River to be placed in a pond to probably live one year if they are lucky. There was a fish at Twin Lakes weighed 53lbs when stocked(Flathead) this fish was marked when caught (several times) the last time it weighed in the upper 30's. Why not catch you a deer, fence it in at the walmart parking lot. No difference, they are out of their environment, poor water conditions, and over fished. Paylakes are slowly becoming a thing of the past. Regardless of Milwaukee best, bud light, or crown royal most of the paylakes I have been to usually was just a place where you could go with your buddies, maybe catch a fish and get tore up. When it got to the point I can't carry my wife or kids with me due to the drunkenness and vulgarity at 90% of the paylakes I'll take em out in the boat and we might or might not catch something and have a good time regardless.

You brag about all the money you won at the paylake, There will be a tournament at Santee Cooper September 26, goes from 7:30 am Saturday till 12PM Sunday http://www.randolphs-landing.com/tour/index.htm
This is a personal invite to come up and try and win the money there. Come fish for true catfish, heck visit Ken Freemans website and give him a call and come on out to Memphis TN and fish in October. I guarantee that if you fish a few of these tournaments, you wold have a different opinon on the paylakes and how good you are.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 AM

no bassfisher here, my buddy coined me that name while channel cat fishin a small river up in ohio....my rods were hot that night when no one else was catchin any....if i'm not catfishin' im fishin' for bait.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 AM

As has already been said, Demoonies in College Park is probably the nearest to Carrollton, however check with the Flying S Ranch Lake in Villa Rica (if it's still open); there may be carp there...you just asked about paylakes, but don't forget, Lake Carroll has carp too.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM

ives seen some in lake carroll nice one but havent hook one.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 PM

Its been along time since I have fished down there, but years ago you could fish from the spillway...find a place you want to fish, find a way to chunk out some sweet corn as chum, do that for a few days then fish that spot...you might get a pleasant surprize. Another good place is in Whitesburg, at the boat ramp on the Chattahoochee (is on the Coweta side of the river)..nice and clean, you can get right up to the water at the ramp; that area is made for chumming for carp....
Old 08-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Banned

i'm sorry but twin lakes has REALLY declined in the recent years.

lawrenceville is a heck of a lot closer to you. try twin bridges(lake hogans). $10 per person. it's very clean, WELL stocked, and well ran by some very nice guys. they will tell you anything you want to know about how to catch the fish there(what baits, etc.).

they even have a kiddie pond area that is very well stocked. catch and release there in the kiddie pond, but a fish every cast.

check them out:
www.twinbridgeslake.com
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

Last time i went to Twin Bridges it was owned by Indians ....
Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

an older white lady who lives in the big house on the back side of the lake owns it.

chances are you will even see her dog out while your there. a big, white, long hair lab mix, his name is river. watch him though, he will be in your bait in heartbeat!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

Let me put it this way When we went to fish at twin bridges we paid indians in the baithouse to fish ......I havent been this year so i cant say !!!!! (Happy)