Need help identifying tracks

alphapart

Was doing some scouting on Sheffield this morning and found some tracks. They may be obvious, but I'm new to this. Thanks for the help.

Track 1:
DSCN0426.jpg

Track 2:
DSCN0415.jpg

Track 3: Are these even tracks?
DSCN0420.jpg

Track 4: Not really a track, but is this the work of bushytails?
DSCN0417.jpg

Jeff Raines

can't really tell on the first and third,but the second is a fawn track.And yes.squirrels are keying on pines right now,won't be long before they move on to the hickories

jmfdakaniterider2

Might be those endangered Mudd steppers that only show up when it rains:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Little Pig track

I have seen, in an area with lots of wild hogs, some babby pigs, tracks, look just like that! They are a bit wider, and rounder than the fawn tracks.

I would say these are just born pig tracks, but if so, you will usually find lots, more of them. Usually there are 6 or 8 little pigs in the litter?

Maybe it a lost pigglet's track ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

deramey67

I have seen, in an area with lots of wild hogs, some babby pigs, tracks, look just like that! They are a bit wider, and rounder than the fawn tracks.

I would say these are just born pig tracks, but if so, you will usually find lots, more of them. Usually there are 6 or 8 little pigs in the litter?

Maybe it a lost pigglet's track ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

thats what i was thinking the 2nd pic looks like a hog trck to me if i had a game cam i would set it up and see. but looks like hog tracks to me

hawgrider1200

I see a pig track in picture #1 and a deer track in picture #2. #3 not able to distinguish. I say this because the track in the first picture is rounded off at the toe. Pig tracks can be distinguished in that way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
1 and 2 could be either a fawn or young pig, would have to see them in context to say for sure. I'd say #3 is a turtle, or maybe a 'dillo, we don't have 'dillos up here, so I'm not farmiliar with their tracks. Looks like turtle tracks, though.

alphapart

Thanks for all of the input guys. I was expecting them to be deer tracks, but if it's hog I'm gonna go back there and get me some young juicy pork :shoot:

And hopefully some squirrel too.

Incawoodsman

I just came from Paulding WMA! Man, did I have a heck of a time with all the spider webs in the forest. I literally was covered with them. Did you have the same luck over in Sheffield? Also, I came across a squirrel in paulding and got it, but its the only one that I saw the whole time I was out there.

alphapart

Ya, there were lots of spider webs out there. I ran into a few of them until it started raining real hard. I think it washed most of them away.

And I was looking for squirrels too, but didn't see a single one. I must have covered a couple miles out there.The only wildlife that I saw was a glimpse of a bushy white tail jumping away.

Chase Simmemon

#1-Fawn or piglet, can't really tell in the picture.
#2-Hog.
#3-Armadillo, you can see the tail drag marks in the middle of the tracks.
#4-Squirrels just getting seeds out of pine cones.