ram rod palm save ???

deerehauler

Has anyone ever seen or know who makes it. It it a piece like a palm saver that goes on the end of your ram rod when you are loading it that when it seats the bullet it makes a little peice come out of the end. kinda springee when ou push on it and the bullet is seated. Its cylinder in shape and is knurled. it consistently tells you that you have put the same pressure on the bullet. I was trying to see if they make one anymore or anyone has one for sale?

Thanks for any help!

Flintrock

thompson center makes a palm saver
you can find it at walmart.
i am trying to remember the exact type you want

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I havent seen the exact that you are describing. I ended up getting a screw on T handle. not only do I use it at the range, but carry it in my pocket in the field as well.

I practice getting it screwed on for a follow up shot and have gotten pretty quick with it

7Mag Hunter

Ball starter ????
I made mine from a kids small wooden hammer....
Took a drill bit and countersunk in the handle end the same size
as a .54 cal ball.....

jicard3

I haven't seen one like you are describing but I think I get the idea. A seat pressure indicator kinda like you see on a shotshell reloader. Have you seen this gadget before? If not it sounds like a good idea.

deerehauler

I haven't seen one like you are describing but I think I get the idea. A seat pressure indicator kinda like you see on a shotshell reloader. Have you seen this gadget before? If not it sounds like a good idea.

yep basicly I am describing a seat pressure indicator. trying to figure out who made this and if they are still made

jicard3

yep basicly I am describing a seat pressure indicator. trying to figure out who made this and if they are still made

Not sure but I think I might have found something. Try this link and look at the second item from the top. There isn't much info about it there but reading the description, I think it might be what you are talking about. Hope this helps.

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/bulletsetc.php

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

deerehauler

Not sure but I think I might have found something. Try this link and look at the second item from the top. There isn't much info about it there but reading the description, I think it might be what you are talking about. Hope this helps.

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/bulletsetc.php

looks like it is the same kinda thing just a little differnt than my buddys

killitgrillit

All right ya'll, here's what deerhaulers is talking about,
The brass end goes over the ramrod and on the other end a small metal pin pushes up and hits your thumb when you get to a certain pressure (don't know what that is I'll have to measure it)
It's called an ACCUPACKER UFA.
I bought this about 15 years ago and haven't seen one since.

Attachments

• DSC03497.jpg
    DSC03497.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 172

deerehauler

Yep thats the one I am talking about. Least we got a name now thanks Killitgrillit:cool: