GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Non-Native Invasive Species > Feral Hogs: Everything hog dog

Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Default Allatoona WMA

I can't for the life of me figure out why the hogs haven't made it from Pinelog to Allatoona. It really isn't that far and all the creeks run towards toona. Has anyone ever seen or shot a hog in Allatoona WMA.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 AM

TOO MANY hunters!!

Remember when we went there? How many trucks did we pass? A Bunch!! Thats how many. Of course, if there were any pigs killed there, I would love to know too........seems noone ever talks about Allatoona WMA, ever! Maybe it is a Secret HOT SPOT, and noone is telling
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Allatoona WMA

That is too bad, I was looking up any info on Allatoona and you guys post was about the only recent posts on hunting. They have a bunch of open days, I thought there would be more feed back, guess not. Does anyone know where to find the harvest records from last year for Allatoona? As far as hogs, I was small game hunting at Clybel, out I-20 by Social Circle, last month and saw a bunch of hog sign. It is a new WMA and very nice facilities at the check-in station. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
That is too bad, I was looking up any info on Allatoona and you guys post was about the only recent posts on hunting. They have a bunch of open days, I thought there would be more feed back, guess not. Does anyone know where to find the harvest records from last year for Allatoona? As far as hogs, I was small game hunting at Clybel, out I-20 by Social Circle, last month and saw a bunch of hog sign. It is a new WMA and very nice facilities at the check-in station. Good luck!
I only went to Clybel once last year.......it is really nice and I saw some good sign, but the 5 or 6 packs of hounds I saw that were chasing rabbits pretty much chased me out of there too! I also saw ALOT of Deer and a BUNCH of Turkeys! Clybel does have an AWESOME layout!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 PM

I personally saw one killed on it bout 10 or 11 years ago..Maybe it was the only one