Sick to my Stomach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna go walk my dogs this evening about 6 and as i did, i saw a decent 8 point walk across the road and head into a piece that i have been trying to gain permission to hunt with my bow. Well, for the 20 or 30th time i stopped by the house (with my dogs on the leash) and knocked on the door. The woman who owned the property ANSWERED and told me that i could go down and hunt just for the evening and only with a shotgun. She then said i would have to come back Sunday afternoon and talk to her husband about hunting it for the rest of the year. I asked her if i could use my handgun which had a short range like a shotgun and she said yes.

I walked back to the house, put on my hunting clothes, grabbed my Lone Eagle :) and headed down to see about getting a shot on the 8 point. About 20 minutes after sitting down, i saw one of the biggest bucks i have seen in a very long time chasing a doe right to me. This morning i saw a doe being chased by a couple of bucks in my back yard but they were not even close to the size of this monster.

Anyway, i got the gun up and centered on him and i bleated with my mouth. The doe stopped, the buck stopped and i shot! He hit the ground then got back up and took off wobbling as he went. I got up and walked back to the house in hopes of giving him time to let him expire. I went back out about 9pm and followed a blood trail that also had chunks of bone and frothy blood. I followed the trail all the way to the creek which was about 100 yards. About 10 foot from the water was a big pool of blood and drag marks. I followed them right to the edge of the road on the other side or the property, where there is another subdivision.

I am sick to my stomach, but sure am gonna be headed to Franklins the next few days to see if someone was bragging that they killed a monster in the subdivision. Not much i can do about it other than tell that person how sorry they are... :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

I was asked what did the buck look like...well, from 25 yards away i could tell he was at least a main frame 10 with a bunch of longer tines around the base and a few kickers off the G2 or G3 on the left side.

Slayer

hate to hear that....I have a friend in chatham county that had the same thing happen.....the very fact that someone is so desperate to have bragging rights that they are willing to lower their morals is hard to understand.....but I reckon the world is full of people like that

If someone wanted the antlers, they could of had them. All I wanted was a few pics and the meat if it come down to it!!!

Handgunner

Hate to hear that Chad!!! I got a woe be me story coming up as well... :banginghe :banginghe

ATLRoach

Dang Chad I was in the area and could have helped you look for the idiot that stole your deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.