Happy New Year - Bear Hunters!!!

Marlin_444

The New Year brings a new Bear Season!

I enjoyed this season and saw more bear than ever - Unfortunately had I taken a shot on the Boo Boo's I would have had to pay a fine, except for the Biggun that went right instead of left on Bow Opener!

We'll make plans for 2011 during the Turkey Season Opener!

I hope many of you will come to Houston, AL Jan. 14 - 17!

I am sitting in a Pine 30 feet up and anxious to have either my Bro in Law or my future Son in law wax a doe or Big Buck this morning!

Be safe and have a Fun New Years Eve, I am giving up a day in the woods to be with my sweetie; she has tolerated my four weeks of hunting and each weekend this season and we have a freezer almost full of deer meat!

I have one more month of weekends in January to deer hunt and I hope to at least get two more!

God (whatever your take is on Him, Her or it) Bless and keep you safe!

I am a better person having gotten to know you all!

I look forward to seeing you all again "in the woods..." Soon!

Ron
Palin2012.jpg

Bonus Hunt - Georgia Turkey Season Opener - March 26th and 27th 2011...

See you in the woods...

Ron

Hey All,

We started planning a might late in 2009 when Dana PM's me in July he thought it was not too early to start planning...

This upcoming 2010 Season holds a very special place in my heart and wallet :bounce: as many of you know...

Since today was the "Official" end of Bear Season in the great state of Georgia, I thought it only fitten and proper to begin planning for the upcoming season...

See you in the woods!!!

Ron

Last edited:

7Mag Hunter

Seasons greetings and Merry Christmas to all members of the
"Outlaw Bear Camp".

I missed the Archery opener but attended the "scout weekend"
aka "Death March" in Sept. and the ML opener.....Really a great group of guys to hunt and camp with, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again....Sorry I did not get to meet you Ron..Hope
we get a chance to hunt together next fall....

Merry Christmas

Doug

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
I will be there for bow and muzzleloader next year.

I had a really good time for the muzzleloader opener.

Maybe we should start the collection now for whomever is going to "Outlaw Up" this year.

And to help pay for the Band-Aids that Vin is going to need. :rofl:

Oh, and I have stickied this.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Thanks for the sticky!! and look forward to meeting you next year for the bow and ml.

I will mark the date on the calendar and see what else gets in the way. Obviously, if I go carpooling is in order.

Remember the reason for the season.

Marlin_444

Thanks Woody's and all the GREAT Folks who participated in 2009!

I learned very valuable lessons during the 2009 Bear Season (Measure Twice Shoot Once)...

It was by far the most emotional hunt of my life!

Many thanks to all of my Woody's friends and compadres, these are life events for me that I keep close to my heart and soul...

I look forward to our next adventures, learning experiences and time shared in the woods.

Obviously, the "Redneck Mistake" was my most memorable event, share your's with us!

See you in the woods!

Ron

dertiedawg

Cooter... looking forward to Smith Lake and reelin some strippers in... they will be on the menu too with the bacon backstraps.
60 days and counting

Maybe we should start the collection now for whomever is going to "Outlaw Up" this year.

And to help pay for the Band-Aids that Vin is going to need. :rofl:
:bounce:
Get a big box, I plan to shoot alot!! Hopefully I will actually hit what I am aiming at this time. Plan to have my own muzzleloader by then too and get proficient with it. It was truly a great experience and looking forward to it again.

Marlin_444

WOO HOO!!!

That means I only have 55 more days to Deer Hunt in Bambalamba...

Rut starts the last week of Dec. and runs through the first week of January...

Party!!!

Ron

Marlin_444

Just curious... How is your Deer Season going???

Hey All,

Wanted to check in with all of the Bear Hunting irregulars and see how your Deer Season's are going...

I took a NICE 8 point 180lb'er on Nov. 28th... I am still a little sore from dragging it out of the woods... Then took a 120lb'er Nanny yesterday...

We are gonna have some GOOD Vittles are the Striper Fishing Weekend get together Feb. 6th and 7th...

Post how your season is going; I know Pnome got his first recently...

See you in the woods

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
ZERO here:cry:freezer may be empty this Spring:cry:

dertiedawg

ZERO here:cry:freezer may be empty this Spring:cry:
Here too. :banginghe Could have had a freezer full of pork but my inexperience with a muzzleloader got the best of me. I think I might try one more time before the season ends though.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
doing okay with deer hunting. Processed a couple but still looking for another doe or big racked buck. If I get a doe then it will be Racks only, probably.

And I will not make the fish fry weekend. Wife and I are going to the Okefenokee Swamp for a canoe trip.

olhippie

....I'll be there guys for the muzzle loader hunt, and the firearms opener too. Let me know how to pitch in on the get together in February, I'll likely be able to work that in too.

....I've had a really tough deer season this year so far. I came down with the worst case of bronchitis! Constant coughing and mucus elimination made deer hunting out of the question. It's hung on for over a month and a half now, but has subsided enough to try a four day hunt coming up in the Paulding forest WMA this week end, so there's hope yet!

....I sure enjoyed our hunts up in the hills this year, great surroundings and company made things really memorable. I look forward to seeing the 'gang' again..

Marlin_444

Just a bit of a quibble, but wouldn't 2010 be at least the 3rd annual?

Hmmm... Where did I put my boots and glasses... :)

I think it's the 5th annual bear hunt but the 2nd annual "OUTLAW" bear hunt.:D

Good thing Vin is paying attention...

5th year we "Flat Landers" made a trek to the North Georgia Mountains to hunt Bear and yeah... it'll be the 2nd "Outlaw Bear Hunt"...

But, hey; I don't care whatcha call me as long as you call me for supper :) :) :)

See you in the woods!

Ron

7Mag Hunter

The Good Lord willing, I will attend the 2nd annual Outlaw camps
and hunts next year....
Vin, we need a countdown clock !!!!!!
Maybe we should have an August small game/scouting trip too.....
OR maybe a Spring Turkey hunt...I did find a flock of 4-5 Turkeys
on the Handicapped Hunt.....
I am going to try to do a bit more ground scouting this spring and
summer...I learned a lot from Dana and Jack but need to spend
some more time walking in the woods....
Dana, I still have the Buckeye I found.....

JWilson

Guys I will start my scouting after the baby gets here in March. I may make my first trip around the end of June. IF any of yall want to go with me let me know but be ready to walk Dana knows where I like to hunt and its 3 miles 1 way but its nice see something just about every trip the drag sucks.

JW