Broadhead Sharpening Video

ChrisSpikes

Well, it was raining here this morning, so I finally got around to doing a little video on how I sharpen these Simmons heads. This will work on any 2 blade head that is double beveled. Hopefully, between this and the picture tutorial, it will be as clear as mud. Here's a link back to the picture tutorial. If y'all have any more questions, post them up and I'll do my best to answer them.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtNBQoVlz80&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtNBQoVlz80&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Apex Predator

Deer don't care if it's rainin out!

Have you killed your limit already?

How long before you wear that guide out on the stone?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
......LOL.......i will be sending you my broad heads to sharpen......LOL......

Al33

Good job Chris! I would have to have a piece of leather over my leg or I would likely slip and cut myself.:D

fountain

nice legs:love::rofl:

all jokes aside--chris can sharpen a simmons head--or any head for that matter-like none other. he showed me how to do this during the summer and it will definately do a great job. although, "easier said than done" applies here.

chris, if you get a chance post a video doing it on the bench grinder.

ChrisSpikes

Deer don't care if it's rainin out!
Us colorblind folks don't do too good trailin' in the rain!

Have you killed your limit already?
Not yet, but the only place I can hunt is flooded out. Don't know when I'll be able to get back in there.

How long before you wear that guide out on the stone?
I've never actually worn one completely out where it will no longer work. The one I'm using here has a LOT of wear on it, but it still gets the job done. You'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.

ChrisSpikes

do you put a tree shark in the clam the same way?

Pretty much. You might have to play with it a little bit to see what works best.

Bubbaforsure

Hey Chris.... :yeah:
As always a great job!
If it is still raining there?
Why don't you show us how you have sharpened
other heads that you may have used in the past?
Do you have a special way to sharpen a Woodsman?

BGBH

Great video Chris......
Now ya need to do a field quartering video....:D

Necedah

Great video Chris. I learned a lot. :clap:

Dave

ChrisSpikes

Why don't you show us how you have sharpened
other heads that you may have used in the past?
Do you have a special way to sharpen a Woodsman?

Bubba, Simmons are all I have used since 1990. I have sharpened some Magnus heads, and Zephyr Sasquatch, but haven't hunted with them. The good thing about this is, it doesn't matter what 2 blade(double bevel) you choose to shoot, they all sharpen EXACTLY the same way.

I've never been able to get a 3 blade sharp enough for my liking. I can get them to cut a few hairs, but nothing like a 2 blade.

Last edited:

hogdgz

Sexy legs Chris, especially after you started shaveing the hair off of them. LOL
Thanks for posting the tutorial.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Very good and helpful video!! Thanks for taking your time to let us in on your sharpening secrets. :clap:

ChrisSpikes

Here's a little diagram to show what's happening. It's kinda small, but hopefully you can read it.

fc1ca1da.jpg